Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default Bloody brisket ......

"Terry Casey" wrote in message
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole is too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping hole in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

Because we get people like a Christian friend of mine who think that it is
our moral duty to allow as many immigrants into the country as want to come,
so we can give them a "better life" and help them escape persecution back
home. I prefer putting up signs saying "Sorry, the UK is now full" and that
we choose *who* as well as how many immigrants are allowed in, on the basis
of one in for one (emigrant) out, with everyone who wants to live here
having to have a safe job to go to, rather than moving here speculatively. I
would also like to see any non-UK people prohibited from taking money that
they earn here out of the country where it has greater buying power back
home: earn it here, spend it here.

Does anyone have any statistics for the proportion of new houses that are
being built which are for non-UK immigrants, compared with UK people who are
setting up separate homes after a divorce/break-up.