Dan Caster

Default Bloody Ebay

I just want to vent........ I had some searches set up on
Ebay to see what metalworking stuff was being sold close enough that I
could pick it up. Not interested in buying a 30 lb roll of mig wire
from Detroit, when I live in Seattle.

Well SNAFU. Ebay has "improved " things so you can sort by items
closest to your zip code. Right, my search for plate found some in
Wisconsin. And my search for metalworking items in Seattle which
returned about four pages ( After I filtered out hats and manuals )
now comes up with god only knows how many pages. Enough that I won't
be looking for much on Ebay until they fix their " improvement ".

Dan
ATP

Dan Caster wrote:
I just want to vent........ I had some searches set up on
Ebay to see what metalworking stuff was being sold close enough that I
could pick it up. Not interested in buying a 30 lb roll of mig wire
from Detroit, when I live in Seattle.

Well SNAFU. Ebay has "improved " things so you can sort by items
closest to your zip code. Right, my search for plate found some in
Wisconsin. And my search for metalworking items in Seattle which
returned about four pages ( After I filtered out hats and manuals )
now comes up with god only knows how many pages. Enough that I won't
be looking for much on Ebay until they fix their " improvement ".

Dan

They must be piloting the change in your area. When it works it will be a
great improvement, right now they think Central New Jersey is just a hop,
skip and jump from Eastern Long Island.

Robert Swinney

Thanks for the "heads up", Dan. Buying on ebay is a crap shoot at best.

Speaking of distances and perception of same: Consider that Texarkana, TX
is closer to Chicago than it is to El Paso, TX.

Bob (forget the Alamo) Swinney
"ATP" wrote in message
. ..
Dan Caster wrote:
I just want to vent........ I had some searches set up on
Ebay to see what metalworking stuff was being sold close enough that I
could pick it up. Not interested in buying a 30 lb roll of mig wire
from Detroit, when I live in Seattle.

Well SNAFU. Ebay has "improved " things so you can sort by items
closest to your zip code. Right, my search for plate found some in
Wisconsin. And my search for metalworking items in Seattle which
returned about four pages ( After I filtered out hats and manuals )
now comes up with god only knows how many pages. Enough that I won't
be looking for much on Ebay until they fix their " improvement ".

Dan

They must be piloting the change in your area. When it works it will be a
great improvement, right now they think Central New Jersey is just a hop,
skip and jump from Eastern Long Island.

Bob Powell

"Dan Caster" wrote in message
m...
I just want to vent........ I had some searches set up on
Ebay to see what metalworking stuff was being sold close enough that I
could pick it up. Not interested in buying a 30 lb roll of mig wire
from Detroit, when I live in Seattle.

Well SNAFU. Ebay has "improved " things so you can sort by items
closest to your zip code. Right, my search for plate found some in
Wisconsin. And my search for metalworking items in Seattle which
returned about four pages ( After I filtered out hats and manuals )
now comes up with god only knows how many pages. Enough that I won't
be looking for much on Ebay until they fix their " improvement ".

Dan

Some commentary at:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.js...090 609752218

Looks like it will at least *work* in a week after all the items listed
prior to this "feature" expire. And yes the UI is terrible.

Should still be an explicit cutoff instead of it just trailing off forever.

Bob

Dan Caster

It won't do what I would like, but may be useable. What I would like
is to be able to sort by distance and then truncate the list at some
mileage that I insert. Then sort the items by the time they end, and
display. But I suppose that is too user friendly for Ebay to
implement.

Dan

"Bob Powell" wrote in message news:FCdMc.1321 Some commentary at:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.js...090 609752218

Looks like it will at least *work* in a week after all the items listed
prior to this "feature" expire. And yes the UI is terrible.

Should still be an explicit cutoff instead of it just trailing off forever.

Bob

ATP

Dan Caster wrote:
It won't do what I would like, but may be useable. What I would like
is to be able to sort by distance and then truncate the list at some
mileage that I insert. Then sort the items by the time they end, and
display. But I suppose that is too user friendly for Ebay to
implement.

Dan

Same thing I was thinking. I do like the new feature, though. There are a
lot of items I won't even consider going more than 40 or 50 miles for, and I
definitely don't want to drive through NYC for 95% of the stuff I'm looking
at.

"Bob Powell" wrote in message news:FCdMc.1321
Some commentary at:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.js...090 609752218

Looks like it will at least *work* in a week after all the items
listed prior to this "feature" expire. And yes the UI is terrible.

Should still be an explicit cutoff instead of it just trailing off
forever.

Bob

Furniture design vintage carpentry [email protected] UK diy 2 June 1st 04 11:35 PM
eBay Scam Marv Soloff Metalworking 5 December 31st 03 01:16 PM
Ebay Bogus No Reserve Listings Jon Elson Metalworking 15 October 10th 03 07:33 AM