Michael Mcneil

Default bloody Russian/Chinese Gangsters

My wonderful imitation Makita 24 volt cordless drill is coming to the
end of its shelf life.

It's not the charger, it's not the batteries and it's not the fact that
the case has seen better days after an accrow prop fell on it and it
isn't even the fact the bolt through the chuck has worn down and come
loose as I got it out the rest of the way.

The three little screws behind the chuck that hold the hammer action
thingumie are working loose and the dammned chuck will not
be-the-hell-have its damn self and come off it thank
yo-bars-the-#-damn-thing-tard-u.

(I'm glad I never told anyone to buy o-piece-of-****-ne.)

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 17 May 2004 05:56:00 +0000 (UTC), Michael Mcneil wrote:

... the dammned chuck will not be-the-hell-have its damn self and
come off...

Remember that the locking/fixing screw behind the jaws of a
conventional chuck is almost certainly a left hand thread...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Dave Plowman

In article lgate.org,
Michael Mcneil wrote:
The three little screws behind the chuck that hold the hammer action
thingumie are working loose and the dammned chuck will not
be-the-hell-have its damn self and come off it thank
yo-bars-the-#-damn-thing-tard-u.

Because the drill reverses, there will be some form of locking screw. You
open the chuck fully and look down inside. Could be anything - slot cross
head or allen etc. And probably a left hand thread. Remove this and the
chuck should unscrew. But it's possible those threads are reversed, ie the
chuck itself has a left hand thread and the screw normal.

HTH - if I'm teaching my grandma to suck eggs, sorry Gran.

--
*Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Lurch

On Mon, 17 May 2004 05:56:00 +0000 (UTC), in uk.d-i-y "Michael Mcneil"
strung together this:

(I'm glad I never told anyone to buy o-piece-of-****-ne.)

Don't worry, I wouldn't have listened anyway. They're crap imitations
that are\were illegal\counterfeit. Glad it's fallen to pieces, you
could possibly buy a proper drill now.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Michael Mcneil

"Lurch" wrote in message

Don't worry, I wouldn't have listened anyway. They're crap imitations
that are\were illegal\counterfeit. Glad it's fallen to pieces, you
could possibly buy a proper drill now.

Idiot. These things are repairable, it's just that I was singing its
praise every opera tune you nit (ee bah gum some people.)

For the rest of us: I need to get the chuck off but it just won't go.
The plastic chucks they have these days with a quick release, don't take
the hammer that you can give the old fashioned steel ones.

What you did was open it and hold the chuck key in and give it a smack
with an hammer and bang your thumb a few times, then drop the key or
make it fly across the room, then try it the other way and eventually
find out which way it works. (The bolt in the centre btw is a left hand
thread.)

I suppose I had best take it in -or maybe check out a replacement chuck.

Lurch

On Mon, 17 May 2004 23:10:14 +0000 (UTC), in uk.d-i-y "Michael Mcneil"
strung together this:

Idiot. These things are repairable, it's just that I was singing its
praise every opera tune you nit (ee bah gum some people.)

Obviously you don't get it then.

I suppose I had best take it in -or maybe check out a replacement chuck.

Some of the cheaper drills require you to take half the gearbox to
pieces before you can disassemble the chuck.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.