Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody brisket ......

On Monday, 15 April 2019 16:31:09 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Quite. But this country has relied too long on a stream of immigrants
to do jobs the English don't want to do.

Perhaps with doctors and nurses it;s because the hours are too long and
we in the UK do work longer hours than a lot of EU wrokers.

'We'? ;-) Why do they flock here if the hours are worse than other EU
countries?

Why said they are flocking here and who are they. There's more than one type of EU citizen.
Why are they'flocking here to live in tents and run down buildings ?
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/67...n-shanty-towns

Why come here when all, it costs to build a home for a large family costs only £8000, when here it'll cost at least 500,000.

We got rid of the other practical skills and technical collges so
everyone could go to university and sit behind desks, and if they could
do that they were useless.

Quite. All the building trades workers in London seem to hail from eastern
Europe now. And they ain't working for beads.

One wonders then how they got their skills, could it be that they were taught and that for them memorising shakespear and how to get on in admin wasn't taught.

Of course this has all happened while in the EU, coincidence ?

And the idea that paying a little
more for those jobs will end the dole queue just plain daft.

A little more is of little use if you can employ car cleaners for less
than £2.50 an hour.

You seem absolutely fixated with car cleaners. Odd, given you don't own a
car.

Why car cleaners, well, when we were told that opening the boarders with eastern europe to get more health professionals, the first person interviewed coming off the ferry said "I can clean cars good" which didnlt sound like the sort of thing the porofessionals we were promised would say.
Of course I could have mention those serving coffee, but I don't use thaose services either, or the sex industry.
On friday night as I cut through an alley way there were two eastern europeans standing in the alley talking drinking beer smoking, they were in their 40s if not 50s, they weren't threatening, even if a bit loud and drunk, but I did wonder why they were standing their amonst a pile of dog ends.
This was about 1:30am Friday night/saturday morning.
It just seemed a strange place for them to hang out. But there were 3 of us so I wans't worried. But a couple of years ago a women was robbed and knifed there.
It;s near to where a youth was shot last year too.

Perhaps we could go back to employing kids on bob-a-job that would
undercut all the low grade EU workers I doubt they'll work for 5p an
hour.

I get the impression most kids couldn't do the sort of jobs you did for
that bob a job in the old days.

I never did that, did you work down the mines at the age of 10 ?
kids of today bloody useless, unless it;s something to do with a smartphone or knifing someone.