Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody brisket ......

On Thursday, 11 April 2019 14:56:12 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
What makes you think they have come to work ? I know a few that have but
the more recent batches have come to 'clean cars'

They do that for free, do they?

Depends what you mean by free.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...modern-slavery

One night in August 2015, after a long shift at the Bubbles car wash in east London, Sandu Laurentiu was washing himself in the rat-infested shared flat provided by his employer. Shaip Nimani, 53, originally from Kosovo, had illegally bypassed the electricity meter at the property in Bethnal Green and tampered with the fuses to stop them blowing. The plumbing in the damp bathroom was not earthed. While he used the decrepit power shower, Laurentiu was electrocuted and killed.
The death of the 40-year-old Romanian labourer renewed concern about conditions at thousands of hand car washes across the country. The washes, which have mushroomed in petrol stations, car parks and empty forecourts, offer cleaning for as little as £5.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...lawmakers.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-wash-car.html

I guess some are just happy to get their car washed as cheaply as possible.

Wonder if they get time to post to newsgroups while at 'work'?

Well when I go past most of sitting playing with there phones about 5 sometimes more but no one or very few cars are seen at the car wash.

I'd have thought that people would take their cars their after work.

lok at the queue at this one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/whiskydave/44510735704/