Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Bloody brisket ......

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 15 April 2019 15:08:59 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole is
too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping hole
in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

Quite. But this country has relied too long on a stream
of immigrants to do jobs the English don't want to do.

Perhaps with doctors and nurses it;s because the hours are too long
and we in the UK do work longer hours than a lot of EU wrokers.

More likely the cost of training as a doctor or nurse.

Not sure that those who wash the bedpans etc work long hours
and presumably they have a machine that washes those.

We got rid of the other practical skills and technical collges

Thats bull****.

so everyone could go to university and sit behind
desks, and if they could do that they were useless.

And the idea that paying a little more for those
jobs will end the dole queue just plain daft.

A little more is of little use if you can employ car cleaners for less
than £2.50
an hour.Perhaps we could go back to employing kids on bob-a-job that would
undercut all the low grade EU workers I doubt they'll work for 5p an hour.