Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl parking

In article ,
Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
Tough Guy no. wrote:

They obviously have to control parking in some way, as it's beside an
extremely busy station, with no car park.

Then the station should build themselves a car park. Why did the
council approve a station with no car park?

It was built before cars were invented. Next point?

Why haven't they built a car park?

Why would you want a car park at a train station? If you have a car, why
not use it for the whole journey?

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Tim Watts wrote:
On 09/10/15 15:37, charles wrote:
In article ,
Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 14:35:48 +0100, Davey wrote:

Sounds like another good reason not to use Lidl. The first reason is
that there isn't one near us.

Another reason: I put my postcode into their website, and it
returned
the wrong location for my home.

I'll just stick with the usual reasons. Their food's usually
mediocre,
rarely much that much cheaper than supermarkets with a proper and
predictable range, and the store's always full of knuckle-dragging
wuckfits.

not my findings round here.

Tunbridge Wells is getting an Aldi - not far from the station (well
right next to, if you include Tunbridge Wells West station!).

Although it's not somewhere I'm likely to do my regular shop[1] I'm
expecting to go and sample their more interesting items...

[1] I could be persuaded, but we'll have to see...

That was my thinking about a year ago. Now about 80% of our weekly
shop comes from Aldi and the rest from a fortnightly trip to ASDA and
the odd trip to Costco.

What don’t you get from Aldi and is that because you don’t like
Aldi's offering on that, the price or because its not stocked ?

It is a mix of offering and stock Rod. We prefer unsliced bread and Aldi
don't stock that. I am diabetic so we buy diet cold drinks and Aldi are
often sold out.
Prices are better or equal to those of ASDA.
Wine quality at Aldi is excellent but stock levels are variable which
leads me to stock up when I see a favourite in stock, which depletes the
stock for the next customer of course!

Diet drinks and wine! Good way to keep the bloods sugars down:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
charles writes:

at the branch I use, the cashier asks for your car number but it doesn't
end up on the receipt - but the date & time of purchase does.

At one of the ones I use, you have to enter your number into
a console in store, but only if you parked for over 90 minutes,
IIRC.

If I'd had to enter the number myself, this tread wouldn't exist.

The till person who should have was rather more interested in flirting
with the lad on the next one. ;-)

It's easy walking distance so I only drive if I'm going back
collect something which is too big to carry home, which is
going to be 10 minutes tops, but I do still type my number in.

--
*Bigamy is having one wife too many - monogamy is the same

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

News wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Capitol wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

Excellent news. Means you'll not be moving to London.

Why would anyone want to from choice?

Because a lot more happens there than anywhere else.

Sounds a good reason not to move to London :-)

Depends on whether you are into what
happens a lot more there than anywhere else.

I like living in the sticks where nothing much happens,
where there are no car parking charges,

Me too.

no large supermarkets,

I prefer some decent ones of those myself and would prefer
it if operations like Costco weren't $75 in petrol away.

no traffic lights,

I prefer none of those too.

no roundabouts,

I prefer those to what we had before them.

no belisha beacons ...

We don't have any of those. I don't mind pedestrian crossings,
even tho I don't normally use them when walking.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Scion wrote:
and the store's always full of knuckle-dragging wuckfits.

That might improve as they are now paid the living wage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34281559

I assumed Adrian meant the customers?

Not a good assumption IMHO as this is a thread you started and you were a
Lidl customer:

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Richard wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message ...

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 10:51:42 +0100, Richard wrote:

So why didn't he park the car at the station ?

Because he preferred to walk to the station, or there were no ****ing
parking spaces.

Or, more likely, because people weren't so inherently lazy, so didn't
even consider driving half a mile to the station...

But why did he not drive to work?

Because there were no ****ing parking spaces there either.

But surely, since you obviously have lost the use of your legs, they'd
give you a disabled space?

--
*Therapy is expensive, poppin' bubble wrap is cheap! You choose.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scion wrote:
and the store's always full of knuckle-dragging wuckfits.

That might improve as they are now paid the living wage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34281559

I assumed Adrian meant the customers?

Not a good assumption IMHO as this is a thread you started and you were
a Lidl customer:

Very true. ;-)

Perhaps the till person thought I looked too poor to own a car?

--
*Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Richard wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
newshound wrote

Yes indeed. When I was a lad (1950's) my local suburban commuter
station (Ewell West) had a couple of dozen car parking spaces, but it
was seldom more than half full. Most of those commuters who were
lucky enough to have a car left it at home with the wife.

And the wife drove in those days?

No. She stayed at home with the car and did woman's work.

So why didn't he park the car at the station ?

Because he preferred to walk to the station,

Unlikely.

or there were no ****ing parking spaces.

We know that wasn't true.

And my mum drove the car in the 50s.

There is quite a lot that goes straight over the top with you.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Even Liz drove a truck in the 40s and could fix basic problems too.

Victoria didn't drive

Hardly surprising given that she was in her dotage by the time they were
invented.

and she should have fixed some basic problems when it was not politically
incorrect to do so.

She preferred to have it off with the ghillie once the kraut was dead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:33:18 +0100, ARW wrote:

So why didn't he park the car at the station ?

Because he preferred to walk to the station, or there were no ****ing
parking spaces.

Or, more likely, because people weren't so inherently lazy, so didn't
even consider driving half a mile to the station...

But why did he not drive to work?

Because he worked in the middle of London or some other city?

In the 1950s?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

newshound wrote:
Yes indeed. When I was a lad (1950's) my local suburban commuter
station (Ewell West) had a couple of dozen car parking spaces, but
it was seldom more than half full. Most of those commuters who were
lucky enough to have a car left it at home with the wife.

And the wife drove in those days?

No. She stayed at home with the car and did woman's work.

I'd expect so. When I were a lad in the '50s, it was far less common for
women to drive - even if there was a family car, which again wasn't
everyone.

my mother got her driving licence in the 1920s - no test, but you did need
one for an International Driving Licnce.

--
Please note new email address:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
Tough Guy no. wrote:

They obviously have to control parking in some way, as it's beside
an extremely busy station, with no car park.

Then the station should build themselves a car park. Why did the
council approve a station with no car park?

It was built before cars were invented. Next point?

Why haven't they built a car park?

Why would you want a car park at a train station? If you have a car, why
not use it for the whole journey?

'cos there's nowhere to park at the other end. And, if you work in London,
the train gets you there quite a bit faster.

--
Please note new email address:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 10:51:42 +0100, Richard wrote:

So why didn't he park the car at the station ?

Because he preferred to walk to the station, or there were no ****ing
parking spaces.

Or, more likely, because people weren't so inherently lazy, so didn't
even consider driving half a mile to the station...

I know my dad didnt, because I know my
mum drove the car when he was at work.

One of what we used to call my maiden aunts
did too at the same time, her own car. They
never did drive to the station and park it there,
even when the car could have been used if they
didnt, they walked to the station that wasnt
that far away.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:33:18 +0100, ARW wrote:

So why didn't he park the car at the station ?

Because he preferred to walk to the station, or there were no ****ing
parking spaces.

Or, more likely, because people weren't so inherently lazy, so didn't
even consider driving half a mile to the station...

But why did he not drive to work?

Because he worked in the middle of London or some other city?

In the 1950s?

Even then, central London would have a parking problem

--
Please note new email address:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 12:24:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

So why didn't he park the car at the station ?

Because he preferred to walk to the station, or there were no
****ing parking spaces.

Or, more likely, because people weren't so inherently lazy, so didn't
even consider driving half a mile to the station...

But why did he not drive to work?

Because he worked in the middle of London or some other city?

In the 1950s?

https://vimeo.com/89603339
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:
Yes indeed. When I was a lad (1950's) my local suburban commuter
station
(Ewell West) had a couple of dozen car parking spaces, but it was
seldom
more than half full. Most of those commuters who were lucky enough to
have a car left it at home with the wife.

And the wife drove in those days?

No. She stayed at home with the car and did woman's work.

I'd expect so. When I were a lad in the '50s, it was far less common for
women to drive - even if there was a family car, which again wasn't
everyone.

I can think of only a few of the ones I knew at that time that
didn’t. None of the mothers of those I knew couldn’t, the
few that couldn’t were entirely of the generation before that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
Tough Guy no. wrote:

They obviously have to control parking in some way, as it's beside an
extremely busy station, with no car park.

Then the station should build themselves a car park. Why did the
council approve a station with no car park?

It was built before cars were invented. Next point?

Why haven't they built a car park?

Why would you want a car park at a train station?
If you have a car, why not use it for the whole journey?

Because the train is a lot better value in some situations.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 10/10/15 11:33, Chris French wrote:
Generally works fine, and I have no problem with it - otherwise everyone
would use it to park in all day and go into central cambridge.

But it did cock up with a friend of mine. They went in and out in the
morning, and then went back in and out in the afternoon.

I can't remember if the recording system failed or it was a software
error - but it recorded here as being there all day

Or bad programming. Counting only the first in and the last out.

--
DJC
(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:33:18 +0100, ARW wrote:

So why didn't he park the car at the station ?

Because he preferred to walk to the station, or there were no ****ing
parking spaces.

Or, more likely, because people weren't so inherently lazy, so didn't
even consider driving half a mile to the station...

But why did he not drive to work?

Because he worked in the middle of London or some other city?

In the 1950s?

Many of the suburbs were built long before then. And many did indeed work
in central London and go in by train or tube.

--
*The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
I'd expect so. When I were a lad in the '50s, it was far less common
for women to drive - even if there was a family car, which again
wasn't everyone.

my mother got her driving licence in the 1920s - no test, but you did
need one for an International Driving Licnce.

You could also get a driving licence during WW2 with no test. A pal of my
mother's had done just this - and it showed. ;-)

--
*By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
I'd expect so. When I were a lad in the '50s, it was far less common for
women to drive - even if there was a family car, which again wasn't
everyone.

I can think of only a few of the ones I knew at that time that
didn’t. None of the mothers of those I knew couldn’t, the
few that couldn’t were entirely of the generation before that.

Well yes, but you live in a big country like the US with appalling public
transport, and only the company store miles away. So it was a question of
learning how to drive or starve.

In the UK we had shops close by and decent public transport.

--
*Welcome to **** Creek - sorry, we're out of paddles*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
Why haven't they built a car park?

Why would you want a car park at a train station?
If you have a car, why not use it for the whole journey?

Because the train is a lot better value in some situations.

It wouldn't occur to you that if there wasn't room for a carpark at
station in London, there's be equally as little chance of finding one at
your journey's end in London?

--
*Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
Tough Guy no. wrote:

They obviously have to control parking in some way, as it's beside
an extremely busy station, with no car park.

Then the station should build themselves a car park. Why did the
council approve a station with no car park?

It was built before cars were invented. Next point?

Why haven't they built a car park?

Why would you want a car park at a train station? If you have a car, why
not use it for the whole journey?

'cos there's nowhere to park at the other end. And, if you work in London,
the train gets you there quite a bit faster.

I can do Ruislip Manor to Oxford Street faster in my van than on the tube if
I avoid rush hours. There is always somewhere to park, but it costs.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
MM wrote
Chris wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

The Lidl branch I most use is at Clapham Junction. They have number
recognition cameras, and ask you for your car number at the checkout.
Which then gives you up to 90 minutes free parking.

Had a demand for a fine from the company that runs it for them. On that
occasion, the till person obviously forgot to ask me for my details.
Not
that I noticed at the time. And they could have changed the system
anyway.

Emailed the car park company and said I'd paid by plastic
so they could check with the store easily that I'd used the
store on the date and time in question.

Some time later, I've had an email asking me to prove
I made a purchase. They want a copy of the till receipt.

As it happens I do still have it - as I bought something with a
warranty.
But had it been just groceries, would have been junked the same day.

So I've told them to check themselves.
Be interesting to see what happens next.

How do they link your car registration with your payment card?

Nowadays, EVERYthing's linked, EVERYthing's discoverable.

Nope. Tell me what my mobile phone number is.

Tell me what my care number plate is.

You have a care number?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
ARW wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:33:18 +0100, ARW wrote:

So why didn't he park the car at the station ?

Because he preferred to walk to the station, or there were no ****ing
parking spaces.

Or, more likely, because people weren't so inherently lazy, so didn't
even consider driving half a mile to the station...

But why did he not drive to work?

Because he worked in the middle of London or some other city?

In the 1950s?

Many of the suburbs were built long before then. And many did indeed work
in central London and go in by train or tube.

Metropolian Line from Aylesbury, even.

--
Please note new email address:

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Scion wrote:
and the store's always full of knuckle-dragging wuckfits.

That might improve as they are now paid the living wage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34281559

I assumed Adrian meant the customers?

Not a good assumption IMHO as this is a thread you started and you were
a Lidl customer:

Very true. ;-)

Perhaps the till person thought I looked too poor to own a car?

Scruffy bugger like you probably runs around in an old Rover:-)

There used to be a SD1 on the street next to my parents when I was a child
with the number plate SHE 1. I guess he sold the number plate.

"HE" number plates were ISTR used in the olden days for cars registred in
Barnsley.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

[...]

I'm not being horrible, but it seems to me that most of these parking
problems happen in the south.
We have never ever had problems parking in supermarket car parks in the
north.
Even if we won £40M we would never move to the south.
See, I've not been horrible.

We?

Is there more than one of you?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message ...

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 10:51:42 +0100, Richard wrote:

So why didn't he park the car at the station ?

Because he preferred to walk to the station, or there were no ****ing
parking spaces.

Or, more likely, because people weren't so inherently lazy, so didn't
even consider driving half a mile to the station...

But why did he not drive to work?

Because there were no ****ing parking spaces there either.

But surely, since you obviously have lost the use of your legs, they'd
give you a disabled space?

Where did you get the idea that I was the hypothetical driver?
Do keep up, dearie.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
'cos there's nowhere to park at the other end. And, if you work in
London, the train gets you there quite a bit faster.

I can do Ruislip Manor to Oxford Street faster in my van than on the
tube if I avoid rush hours. There is always somewhere to park, but it
costs.

Of course. The roads are less busy. But then PT isn't as frequent either.

But if you need a van for work it's presumably to carry goods and tools
etc. So PT isn't an alternative.

Parking in Central London is so expensive (and often difficult) that I
never use the car. The trick is to plan your PT journey to give the most
pleasant one. Sitting on a tube is about the most boring thing ever -
while the top of a bus can be ok, although slower. After all, tourists pay
good money for bus tours of London. ;-) But of course if simply commuting,
speed is likely the essence.

--
*Why do psychics have to ask you for your name? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
Many of the suburbs were built long before then. And many did indeed
work in central London and go in by train or tube.

Metropolian Line from Aylesbury, even.

Metroland. ;-)

--
*Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
I'd expect so. When I were a lad in the '50s, it was far less common
for
women to drive - even if there was a family car, which again wasn't
everyone.

I can think of only a few of the ones I knew at that time that
didnt. None of the mothers of those I knew couldnt, the
few that couldnt were entirely of the generation before that.

Well yes, but you live in a big country like the US with appalling public
transport, and only the company store miles away. So it was a question of
learning how to drive or starve.

In the UK we had shops close by and decent public transport.

London has decent public transport. The rest of the country sucks at
transporting the public.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
charles writes:

at the branch I use, the cashier asks for your car number but it
doesn't
end up on the receipt - but the date & time of purchase does.

At one of the ones I use, you have to enter your number into
a console in store, but only if you parked for over 90 minutes,
IIRC.

If I'd had to enter the number myself, this tread wouldn't exist.

The till person who should have was rather more interested in flirting
with the lad on the next one. ;-)

Moral of the story - make yourself less unattractive.

It's easy walking distance so I only drive if I'm going back
collect something which is too big to carry home, which is
going to be 10 minutes tops, but I do still type my number in.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

There is a Mrs Pounder Esquire.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Richard wrote:
But why did he not drive to work?

Because there were no ****ing parking spaces there either.

But surely, since you obviously have lost the use of your legs, they'd
give you a disabled space?

Where did you get the idea that I was the hypothetical driver?
Do keep up, dearie.

Right. So the lack of parking merely hearsay. Figures.

--
*Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:30:09 +0100
"ARW" wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 17:31:38 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:

Most of the local hospitals use this sort of system these days,
but what throws a lot of them is blind people with blue badges,
as we can turn up in almost any car, so their cunning plan to
ally a car number with a badge won't work.

But they can (and do) insist only disabled tax cars are valid ...
certainly Birmingham Town Hall does ...

Well, since it's unlikely the blind person will be driving

Considering the way many motorists leave their cars parked I would
not be so sure about that.

Around here, it seems as though Volvo Estates, driven by women, and with
a ton of stuff in the back, need to park at an angle, so blocking the
parking places on both sides. This is worse at Tesco, which has narrower
parking places than anywhere else, except for those at the new Aldi,
which are equally tiny, but the Volvos seem to stay away from there.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Richard wrote:
In the UK we had shops close by and decent public transport.

London has decent public transport. The rest of the country sucks at
transporting the public.

But no need of it because of more than adequate car parks everywhere. Or
so we're told here.

But the likes of you tend to complain about poor PT without ever using it.

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Richard wrote:
The till person who should have was rather more interested in flirting
with the lad on the next one. ;-)

Moral of the story - make yourself less unattractive.

Impossible with one so gifted from birth.

--
*Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
The Lidl branch I most use is at Clapham Junction. They have number
recognition cameras, and ask you for your car number at the checkout.
Which then gives you up to 90 minutes free parking.

Had a demand for a fine from the company that runs it for them. On that
occasion, the till person obviously forgot to ask me for my details. Not
that I noticed at the time. And they could have changed the system anyway.

They have this at what used to be my local Lidl, which (as I suspect is the
case at CJ) is close to the other shops in town

Check out staff never prompted for car details, it was for you to remember
to tell them.

A large percentage of shoppers are walk ins from the rest of the high street
so it would be pointless for them to ask everybody. I used to be one of
those walk ins, but the last time I went there by car and I was the only
person in line who asked to register my number.

At the towns where Lidl are sited away from the main shopping area they
don't have this "verity at the till" system (though they still have the time
limit)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 17:10:16 +0100, Brian-Gaff wrote:

Most of the local hospitals use this sort of system these days, but what
throws a lot of them is blind people with blue badges, as we can turn up
in almost any car, so their cunning plan to ally a car number with a
badge won't work.
Brian

But they can (and do) insist only disabled tax cars are valid ...
certainly Birmingham Town Hall does ...

bit of an unreasonable restriction for a hospital visit though, isn't it

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham." wrote in message
Bill Wright Wrote in message:
charles wrote:

How do they link your car registration with your payment card? Did you
give them your card number in the first email?

at the branch I use, the cashier asks for your car number but it doesn't
end up on the receipt - but the date & time of purchase does.

I don't use shops that have these parking systems.

Bill

And the more people that follow your example the quicker they will
drop the scheme as uneconomic.

where the Lidl car park is the only source of free parking within walking
distance of the high street, if they didn't operate this scheme the only
workable alternative is to make everybody pay

beware what you wish for

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 16:45:00 +0100, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
charles wrote:
And the more people that follow your example the quicker they will
drop the scheme as uneconomic.

is it? Our local one has a comparatively small car park where it was
usually necessary to wait some considerable time to get an parking
space. Often, I just went elsewhere. Now, with a camera monitored
system, a parking space is usually available, implying that many of the
spaces were being used by non-customers - so I will continue to shop
there. Some people may, on principle stop going there, but others will
take their place.

Yes. The Lidl car park at Clapham Junction isn't as big as many of their
others - and before the scheme could be difficult to get a space.

Supermarkets should have adequate parking. They should be sited on large
areas of ground. If they don't, they can **** off. I want to park my
car, go shopping, then go home. I will not mess about with ****ing
tickets.

and bugger the people who live in town centres and don't have cars then

tim

parking OT? Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 37 October 7th 15 05:37 PM
OT - Parking scam at Lidl Another Dave UK diy 142 July 23rd 10 09:58 PM
OT - Parking scam at Lidl Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 2 July 16th 10 12:13 PM
Parking Pad Jim Home Repair 9 August 12th 06 08:19 PM
OT. Parking David Lang UK diy 74 May 30th 05 05:56 PM