Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Lidl parking

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
The Lidl branch I most use is at Clapham Junction. They have number
recognition cameras, and ask you for your car number at the checkout.
Which then gives you up to 90 minutes free parking.

Had a demand for a fine from the company that runs it for them. On that
occasion, the till person obviously forgot to ask me for my details. Not
that I noticed at the time. And they could have changed the system anyway.

They have this at what used to be my local Lidl, which (as I suspect is the
case at CJ) is close to the other shops in town

Check out staff never prompted for car details, it was for you to remember
to tell them.

A large percentage of shoppers are walk ins from the rest of the high street
so it would be pointless for them to ask everybody. I used to be one of
those walk ins, but the last time I went there by car and I was the only
person in line who asked to register my number.

At the towns where Lidl are sited away from the main shopping area they
don't have this "verity at the till" system (though they still have the time
limit)

tim