Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lidl parking

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Richard wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,
newshound wrote:
Yes indeed. When I was a lad (1950's) my local suburban commuter
station
(Ewell West) had a couple of dozen car parking spaces, but it was
seldom
more than half full. Most of those commuters who were lucky enough to
have a car left it at home with the wife.

And the wife drove in those days?

No. She stayed at home with the car and did woman's work.

I'd expect so. When I were a lad in the '50s, it was far less common for
women to drive - even if there was a family car, which again wasn't
everyone.

I can think of only a few of the ones I knew at that time that
didn’t. None of the mothers of those I knew couldn’t, the
few that couldn’t were entirely of the generation before that.