Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl parking

In article ,
ARW wrote:
'cos there's nowhere to park at the other end. And, if you work in
London, the train gets you there quite a bit faster.

I can do Ruislip Manor to Oxford Street faster in my van than on the
tube if I avoid rush hours. There is always somewhere to park, but it
costs.

Of course. The roads are less busy. But then PT isn't as frequent either.

But if you need a van for work it's presumably to carry goods and tools
etc. So PT isn't an alternative.

Parking in Central London is so expensive (and often difficult) that I
never use the car. The trick is to plan your PT journey to give the most
pleasant one. Sitting on a tube is about the most boring thing ever -
while the top of a bus can be ok, although slower. After all, tourists pay
good money for bus tours of London. ;-) But of course if simply commuting,
speed is likely the essence.

--
*Why do psychics have to ask you for your name? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.