Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Parking scam at Lidl

I've got mixed feelings about this. There's a local Tesco/filling station
where it's often impossible to park due to others using the carpark to go
to the next door Argos, which doesn't have a carpark.

If a store offers free parking they can impose any conditions they
choose. And it would be difficult to vary those for high demand parking
over when that store isn't busy.

There's a lot to be said for paying for that parking and being able to
claim that cost back after spending more than a certain sum in that store.

--
*I believe five out of four people have trouble with fractions. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
I've got mixed feelings about this. There's a local Tesco/filling station
where it's often impossible to park due to others using the carpark to go
to the next door Argos, which doesn't have a carpark.

If a store offers free parking they can impose any conditions they
choose. And it would be difficult to vary those for high demand parking
over when that store isn't busy.

There's a lot to be said for paying for that parking and being able to
claim that cost back after spending more than a certain sum in that store.

--
*I believe five out of four people have trouble with fractions. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Have you seen the cost of providing a tarmaced car park?

Would you want it abusing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 16, 10:27*am, "John" wrote:

Have you seen the cost of providing a tarmaced car park?

What are Lidl currently spending per square metre on tarmaced
carparks, John? Presumably you know since you're blathering on about
it, so share the information with us. Otherwise we'll think you're
just another of those sad internet blowhards.

Would you want it abusing?

What difference does it make whether "you" want it abusing or not?
When "Another Dave" said he didn't want to pay ninety quid, you
dismissed his opinion out of hand... just as we're dismissing your
cretinous pronouncements (although, obviously, in that case with good
grounds).

Nobody's forcing Lidl to provide a tarmaced carpark or any other sort
of carpark. They're made a business decision to do so. Allying
yourself with ex-cons and attempting to extort ninety quid from
regular customers is a rather less intelligent business decision.

OT - Parking scam at Lidl Another Dave UK diy 142 July 23rd 10 09:58 PM
N.A.M.E.S.,car camping in the parking lot? [email protected] Metalworking 6 March 31st 09 05:23 PM
council parking ticket scam? Stuart Noble UK diy 26 December 6th 06 03:55 PM
Parking Pad Jim Home Repair 9 August 12th 06 08:19 PM
OT. Parking David Lang UK diy 74 May 30th 05 05:56 PM