Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
In message m,
"dennis@home" writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Stop trying to weedle out of it

You refused.
I want it in winter,

OK then April 1st as you wanted

He will not turn up.

Of course not - he's a liar and a coward

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 18/11/2010 19:30, dennis@home wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Not in the last 20 years... As to "so what?", don't you feel any
responsibility to contribute accurate information if you are going to
post your opinion as fact on public fora?

If i were answering a question then yes I would try to be accurate,
that's why I don't answer questions when I don't know anything about it.

There seems to be some 1984 esq revisionism going on here. In case you
forget, you were answering a question, and now by your own admission it
was on something you don't know much about.

What question was I answering?

When its general discussion then so what? Anyone can be wrong and it
would be just as foolish to base anything critical on one unknown
persons statements as it would to rely on a stranger in the pub.

So you seem to be saying we should treat your proclamations with the same
degree of respect as those of any unknown stranger in a pub?

If you want to quote a subset then I suppose its true even if its somewhat
limited.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 18/11/2010 22:05, geoff wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
In message m,
"dennis@home" writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Stop trying to weedle out of it

You refused.
I want it in winter,

OK then April 1st as you wanted

He will not turn up.

Of course not - he's a liar and a coward

How would you know if he did... He dares not reveal his identity on a
newsgroup, do you expect him to do it in public?

He threw down the gauntlet (albeit in the wrong place, although
nuernberg would suit me fine, I'd hit around 130 mph on a daily basis
round there) to a race. He would have to show himself.

But ...

I know he's not got the balls to do it. He's prolly already trying to
find some way of pretending he didn't challenge me to a race, but he
did, and it's on record

so denise

your call

whenever

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

Stop trying to weedle out of it

You refused.
I want it in winter, I can film it and put your crashes on YouTube.

We might even be able to try out some of the technology TMH was on
about last week when they need to put fluids into you.

We could get Matty to make up some of the bits with his angle
grinder, and use an impact driver to put them in.

Yeah but no but yeah but no but..., Oh my god! I SO can't believe you just
said that! Shut up! I ain't even done nuffin! Don't go giving me evils!

Dennis is Vicky Pollard & ICMFP.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
In message m,
"dennis@home" writes

You forgot ****** & malicious little ****.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 18/11/2010 22:05, geoff wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
In message m,
"dennis@home" writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Stop trying to weedle out of it

You refused.
I want it in winter,

OK then April 1st as you wanted

He will not turn up.

Of course not - he's a liar and a coward

How would you know if he did... He dares not reveal his identity on a
newsgroup, do you expect him to do it in public?

Interesting...

As we know the malicious, nasty, spiteful, spineless little **** has grassed
me up to trading standards.

They don't accept anonymous complaints. So if the little ****bag wants to
pursue that, he will have to provide a genuine, verifiable name & address -
in which case I will be informed & will publish it.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message

Not in the last 20 years... As to "so what?", don't you feel any
responsibility to contribute accurate information if you are going
to post your opinion as fact on public fora?

If i were answering a question then yes I would try to be accurate,
that's why I don't answer questions when I don't know anything about
it.

Is that why you made the claim about VAT fraud you idiot?

So you ****ed up yet again & spouted crap from your arse as usual?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Not in the last 20 years... As to "so what?", don't you feel any
responsibility to contribute accurate information if you are going
to post your opinion as fact on public fora?

If i were answering a question then yes I would try to be accurate,
that's why I don't answer questions when I don't know anything
about it.

There seems to be some 1984 esq revisionism going on here. In case
you forget, you were answering a question, and now by your own
admission it was on something you don't know much about.

What question was I answering?

You couldn't resist sticking your oar in you spineless little **** - and you
spouted bollox yet again.

When its general discussion then so what? Anyone can be wrong and it
would be just as foolish to base anything critical on one unknown
persons statements as it would to rely on a stranger in the pub.

So you seem to be saying we should treat your proclamations with the
same degree of respect as those of any unknown stranger in a pub?

If you want to quote a subset then I suppose its true even if its
somewhat limited.

Wriggle like the worm you are Dennis.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

The real problem for positive drivers is other cars like denise, ****
all to do with bikes

Sadly not. Bikers are vermin.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

Now to be fair the first sentence was actually right, just most of the the
remainder was complete bull.

Well I did admit that I was wrong.
Unlike some of the others, who actually keep quoting the bit I was right
about and not the bit I was wrong about when they start chucking the abuse
about me being wrong, I do admit when I am wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

Now to be fair the first sentence was actually right, just most of
the the remainder was complete bull.

Well I did admit that I was wrong.
Unlike some of the others, who actually keep quoting the bit I was
right about and not the bit I was wrong about when they start
chucking the abuse about me being wrong,

Which bit were you right about idiot?

I do admit when I am wrong.

Have you noticed your nose growing Dennis?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 19, 12:14*am, "The Medway Handyman" davidno-spam-
wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 18/11/2010 22:05, geoff wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
In message m,
"dennis@home" writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Stop trying to weedle out of it

You refused.
I want it in winter,

OK then April 1st as you wanted

He will not turn up.

Of course not - he's a liar and a coward

How would you know if he did... He dares not reveal his identity on a
newsgroup, do you expect him to do it in public?

Interesting...

As we know the malicious, nasty, spiteful, spineless little **** has grassed
me up to trading standards.

They don't accept anonymous complaints. *So if the little ****bag wants to
pursue that, he will have to provide a genuine, verifiable name & address -
in which case I will be informed & will publish it.

So you did something to be grassed up about? If you can't do the time,
don't do the crime.

If, on the other hand, you mean he's just telling tales then get over
it.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
As we know the malicious, nasty, spiteful, spineless little **** has
grassed me up to trading standards.

They don't accept anonymous complaints. So if the little ****bag wants to
pursue that, he will have to provide a genuine, verifiable name &
address - in which case I will be informed & will publish it.

To my knowledge there have been no complaints to TS about you.

The exact wording is

I think you need to tell one of your recommended service providers to stop
claiming he harasses customers into paying for work done.
In the usenet postings

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....o+git&lnk=nl&#

He states that he got a woman who was slow paying to pay by texting her
every hour for two days.
He doesn't think this is harassment but I do, could you clarify if it does
count as harassment as he just gets abusive about it.

TS may ask you what you did and explain what you did wrong.
If you hadn't been so pigheaded and actually admitted that you were doing
something wrong and had said you wouldn't do it again instead of telling me
and others that it wasn't harassment there would have been no need to seek
clarification.
As it stands the ball is in your court to show that you are not some thug
who likes to abuse people, etc. as no complaint has been made but I wouldn't
bet that they are not reading this group.

If they do something then its your own doing as I have no control over your
behaviour either here or at work nor of their behaviour.
I don't get abusive with you or others, I'm not behaving like the thug here.

BTW why do you think its anonymous, if one of their staff had read it they
could take exactly the same action as they can now.

I will state it again for you (is this four times or five?), don't brag
about your wrong doings in a public forum, you don't know who is listening.
Some people don't have the tolerance that your drinking buddies have.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
geoff wrote:

The real problem for positive drivers is other cars like denise, ****
all to do with bikes

Sadly not. Bikers are vermin.

I'm forced to agree.. the number of times a biker has nearly wrapped himself
around the side of my car because he thinks I am going to slow down to a
crawl on bends and islands is amazing. I don't think they are taught
anything about riding at all.

I notice that it tends to be the BABs that do it most. They think they know
how to ride a bike but forget that cars don't need to slow to a crawl just
because the road is wet and don't bother to look to see if the car that
going around the island has stopped or has just carried on at the speed
limit because nothing was coming before cutting across all lanes.
They appear to be a bit shocked when they discover the car is still next to
them in the adjacent lane.
I do wonder if its the helmet that restricts their vision or maybe it
overheats their brains and sends them stupid.

Not all bikers are like this but there are quite a few who I have had to
brake for when I shouldn't have to.
I expect the drive a BMW when not on their bikes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

A Matiz probably...

My brother in law had one of those, they are 'orrible.
I have actually said what I drive in this group before BTW.

An Astra TD.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 17/11/2010 20:23, dennis@home wrote:

"Unbeliever" wrote in message

As a matter of interest, have you ever haggled for a discount off any
goods or services that you wished to buy - or even "paid by cash" to
avoid paying VAT on something? If you have, then you are a hypocrite
and if you say you haven't, then you are telling 'porkies'.

I have haggled over prices lots of times, I have even paid cash.
I expect a receipt, if the trader doesn't put it through his books he
risks getting caught and I will not lie to protect him. If the VAT man
asks for the receipt he will get a copy.

Somehow I get the feeling that you are the type who would haggle and ask
if you can have it cheaper for cash, and when you get it, smile and thank
them, before shopping the trader to HMRC for doing you a favour.

I never ask a trader to do anything illegal, in fact I have never asked
anyone to do anything illegal AFAIK.
If a trader thinks evading tax is a good idea that's his problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.motorcycles

In message , Steve Firth
writes
geoff wrote:

The real problem for positive drivers is other cars like denise, ****
all to do with bikes

Sadly not. Bikers are vermin.

So, you're calling me vermin then ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes
In message , Steve Firth
writes
geoff wrote:

The real problem for positive drivers is other cars like denise, ****
all to do with bikes

Sadly not. Bikers are vermin.

So, you're calling me vermin then ?

"
Why are you cross posting **** from that useless **** Firth? He's a
troll who needs putting in a sack and throwing in a river with a
couple of lumps of steel to hold him down.

"

See - somebody loves you

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

That sounds like another "yes" then...

If you want to distort the answer then that's up to you, you have gone down
in my opinion for doing so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
news:6bSdnYnkpZdcY3rRnZ2dnUVZ8mmdnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...

That sounds like another "yes" then...

If you want to distort the answer then that's up to you, you have gone
down in my opinion for doing so.

There now denise, you've made him cry now

--
geoff