Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

So what sort of pans did you own when you bought your induction hob?

Prestige.

Probably too expensive for you, Makro have some of their own brand
stuff that looks similar, stainless with a bonded aluminium base if you
want some. The lids don't fit as well but they are probably OK. They
claim to work on all types including induction. Quite cheap at around
£70 a pan (but I expect they will be £25 a pan for xmas in some special
cut price offer if you wait).

Be careful - you'll use all your redundancy up at once

The only type you can be sure does work is cast iron, others either
have to say or you have to try.
Don't bother trying aluminium ones as they don't work.
Anything with a base welded on may or may not work.

Aha - been doing some emergency reading up, have you?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
"dennis@home" wrote in message

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

So what sort of pans did you own when you bought your induction hob?

Prestige.

Probably too expensive for you, Makro have some of their own brand stuff
that looks similar, stainless with a bonded aluminium base if you want
some. The lids don't fit as well but they are probably OK. They claim to
work on all types including induction. Quite cheap at around £70 a pan
(but I expect they will be £25 a pan for xmas in some special cut price
offer if you wait).

The only type you can be sure does work is cast iron, others either have
to say or you have to try.
Don't bother trying aluminium ones as they don't work.
Anything with a base welded on may or may not work.

So not your non magnetic ones then?

What are you buying £1.99 woks for if you like expensive pans?

Because the pans didn't wok with his new hob

ha ha

He's having to make up with the Mrs for being such a bellend

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...

Someone who gets TMH to buy the goods and then claims back the goods
is assisting TMH in avoiding registering for VAT..

Someone buying goods from me cannot possibly claim the VAT **** for
brains, because I'm not registered and don't have a VAT number.
Unless I use their cash to buy the goods in their name & give then=m
the VAT reciept - which is no different from them buying the goods
themselves.

What has that got to do with what *I* said?
Are you geof in disguise? He can't read either.

It's geoff, you illiterate retard

exactly as in my sig below

who can't read ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message om, brass
monkey writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

I'll bet your friends don't realise what an enemy they have.

My friends aren't criminals, are yours?

You do not have any friends.

Are you now claiming everyone else is a criminal?

Denise - you have such a total lack of logic, I can't believe it

even for a ****tard like you that was ridiculous

are you on your second glass of white wine already ?

ya hafta laugh.

I'm still laughing from the time the geographically challenged retard
challenged me to a race round the Nuremburg ring

He didn't even admit he was wrong when I pointer out that Nurbergring
was nowhere Nuremburg

and against a Honda Fireblade? I don't think so

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...

Someone who gets TMH to buy the goods and then claims back the goods
is assisting TMH in avoiding registering for VAT..

Someone buying goods from me cannot possibly claim the VAT **** for
brains, because I'm not registered and don't have a VAT number.
Unless I use their cash to buy the goods in their name & give then=m
the VAT reciept - which is no different from them buying the goods

What has that got to do with what *I* said?
Are you geof in disguise? He can't read either.

It's geoff, you illiterate retard

exactly as in my sig below

who can't read ?

So, are you now going to admit you got the spelling wrong

A simple "yes" will suffice

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2010 20:11, geoff wrote:

and against a Honda Fireblade? I don't think so

How do motorbike times on the ring compare to fast car ones? Nothing to
do with dennis, just wondering how much of a car you need to beat a
fireblade.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
#

Be careful - you'll use all your redundancy up at once

Already have.

The only type you can be sure does work is cast iron, others either have
to say or you have to try.
Don't bother trying aluminium ones as they don't work.
Anything with a base welded on may or may not work.

Aha - been doing some emergency reading up, have you?

Why would I need to? There is nothing difficult to understand about
induction hobs.
Just because you don't understand things doesn't mean others don't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Clive
George writes
On 16/11/2010 20:11, geoff wrote:

and against a Honda Fireblade? I don't think so

How do motorbike times on the ring compare to fast car ones? Nothing to
do with dennis, just wondering how much of a car you need to beat a
fireblade.

They had a race on top gear a while back (at another track) Honda vs
Honda

IIRC the bike won by a slight margin, ICBW

What does denise drive ? has to be a volvo, doesn't it

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
[...]

Don't be stupid the hob is a ceramic hob and works with the pans fine.
The £30 induction ring was from lidl and went back the following day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

It's geoff, you illiterate retard

what's up geof.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Clive George wrote:

On 16/11/2010 20:11, geoff wrote:

and against a Honda Fireblade? I don't think so

How do motorbike times on the ring compare to fast car ones?

Or transit vans, ask Sabine!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
#

Be careful - you'll use all your redundancy up at once

Already have.

The only type you can be sure does work is cast iron, others either
have to say or you have to try.
Don't bother trying aluminium ones as they don't work.
Anything with a base welded on may or may not work.

Aha - been doing some emergency reading up, have you?

Why would I need to? There is nothing difficult to understand about
induction hobs.

Apart from the fact that they need a magnetic pan.

Just because you don't understand things doesn't mean others don't.

It isn't Geoff who admitted in public that he did not know how to work out
if a pan is magnetic or not.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
[...]

You sent it back after you had covered it in burning fat whilst ****ing
about with your £1.99 wok?

I suppose you cleaned it up and then took it back saying "it was faulty" and
not "I am a ****wit who forgot to test my pans to see if they were magnetic"

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"ARWadsworth" wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
#

Be careful - you'll use all your redundancy up at once

Already have.

The only type you can be sure does work is cast iron, others
either have to say or you have to try.
Don't bother trying aluminium ones as they don't work.
Anything with a base welded on may or may not work.

Aha - been doing some emergency reading up, have you?

Why would I need to? There is nothing difficult to understand about
induction hobs.

Apart from the fact that they need a magnetic pan.

Doesn't have to be magnetic. Just made from a material that can be
magnetised (such as iron or steel).

Not the 30 quid ones from lidl.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
[...]

Because you didn't understand how it worked ...

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
#

Be careful - you'll use all your redundancy up at once

Already have.

The only type you can be sure does work is cast iron, others either
have to say or you have to try.
Don't bother trying aluminium ones as they don't work.
Anything with a base welded on may or may not work.

Aha - been doing some emergency reading up, have you?

Why would I need to? There is nothing difficult to understand about
induction hobs.
Just because you don't understand things doesn't mean others don't.

Denise - I have a degree in physics, I well understand how they work

.......................AND.....................

it wasn't me who bought one was it, you retard

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:11:36 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm still laughing from the time the geographically challenged retard
challenged me to a race round the Nuremburg ring

He didn't even admit he was wrong when I pointer out that Nurbergring
was nowhere Nuremburg

LOL!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:07:14 +0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
[...]

No surprise really, they were probably toy plastic saucepans in bright
colours...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2010 20:47, Clive George wrote:
On 16/11/2010 20:11, geoff wrote:

and against a Honda Fireblade? I don't think so

How do motorbike times on the ring compare to fast car ones? Nothing to
do with dennis, just wondering how much of a car you need to beat a
fireblade.

Quite a lot of car, and quite a lot of stupidity if you try it off a track.

Up to legal speeds a Fireblade will be traction limited. So will a BMW
M5, or a Ferrari, or many other powerful cars. But _most_ cars have far
lower power-to-weight ratios to most bikes.

If you have an average bike against an average car I would expect the
bike to be quicker, and I'd hope the biker would have the sense to pass
under acceleration - where he's probably got a 2:1 advantage - and not
under braking or cornering - where the car may have a small advantage.

A good car _will_ outbrake and outcorner any bike. Not by much, but it
will. Only supercars can keep up with Fireblades and such under
acceleration.

I had a little dig for Nürburgring lap times. They seem to be within
10% for the top cars and bikes, with really exotic cars having the edge.

The bike's big advantage is of course in a traffic jam.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

So, are you now going to admit you got the spelling wrong

A simple "yes" will suffice

no geof.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Clive George" wrote in message
news
On 16/11/2010 20:11, geoff wrote:

and against a Honda Fireblade? I don't think so

How do motorbike times on the ring compare to fast car ones? Nothing to do
with dennis, just wondering how much of a car you need to beat a
fireblade.

If geof is riding the bike you could do it in a transit van.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2010 21:30, Andy Champ wrote:
[...]

The question comes from a report I read of a guy in a Honda S2000, which
isn't a supercar, who was lapping his local circuit faster than the
bikes. I think he might have been a motorbike racer as well. (all
vehicles involved were for racing, not road, and it wasn't a track day).

Not sure about average car vs average bike - since average car includes
shopping vehicles, you need to count all those scooters, and I reckon a
micra will beat most of those round a track :-) (OTOH Italian traffic
lights...)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
#

Be careful - you'll use all your redundancy up at once

Already have.

The only type you can be sure does work is cast iron, others either
have to say or you have to try.
Don't bother trying aluminium ones as they don't work.
Anything with a base welded on may or may not work.

Aha - been doing some emergency reading up, have you?

Why would I need to? There is nothing difficult to understand about
induction hobs.

Apart from the fact that they need a magnetic pan.

Just because you don't understand things doesn't mean others don't.

It isn't Geoff who admitted in public that he did not know how to work out
if a pan is magnetic or not.

Yes there are lots of ways to see if they are made from a magnetic material,
however if you have the induction ring plugged in the easiest way is to put
it on the ring and see if it works.
I could have taken a magnet off the alarm system or spent ages trying to
find my magnetic retriever tool from wherever i left it in the shed a couple
of years ago. I could even have dismantled a speaker to find a magnet but
its really pointless.

Of course being magnetic doesn't actually mean it will work on an induction
hob but I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

Denise - I have a degree in physics, I well understand how they work

Well you appear to think the pans have to be magnetic to work.
Shame that that's wrong geof.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

Denise - I have a degree in physics, I well understand how they work

Well you appear to think the pans have to be magnetic to work.
Shame that that's wrong geof.

They have to be magnetic to make the Lidl £30 heaps work.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"dennis@home" wrote:

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

It isn't Geoff who admitted in public that he did not know how to
work out if a pan is magnetic or not.

I could have taken a magnet off the alarm system or spent ages
trying to find my magnetic retriever tool from wherever i left it in
the shed a couple of years ago. I could even have dismantled a
speaker to find a magnet but its really pointless.

Don't you have any fridge magnets?

He has got a magnetic set of the alphabet stuck to the fridge. So far he has
managed to spell "Denise"
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"Clive George" wrote in message
news66dnZgWetFEcH_RnZ2dnUVZ8jConZ2d@brightview. co.uk...
On 16/11/2010 20:11, geoff wrote:

and against a Honda Fireblade? I don't think so

How do motorbike times on the ring compare to fast car ones? Nothing
to do with dennis, just wondering how much of a car you need to beat
a fireblade.

If geof is riding the bike you could do it in a transit van.

Not a hope, denise

As you know, I am used to positive driving

You're grasping at straws now, as you know you would have no chance

C'mon, then if you're up for it

If you can actually find your way to the Nurbergring and not get lost in
mittelfranken, I'll thrash the arse off you

Of course, you'll find some excuse, some reason to wheedle out because
you are a coward

well brave behind the anonymity of your computer, a **** scared little
runt in real life

and don't forget, it was you who put up the challenge

Lets set a date now, some time next summer would do fine

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Denise - I have a degree in physics, I well understand how they work

Well you appear to think the pans have to be magnetic to work.
Shame that that's wrong geof.

Where did I say that, retard?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

You sent it back after you had covered it in burning fat whilst ****ing
about with your £1.99 wok?

I suppose you cleaned it up

No need to clean it, one reason for having an induction hob is so you can
put a PTFE sheet on it to keep it clean.

and then took it back saying "it was faulty"

Nope, its not faulty and they sold it to a member of staff who had missed
the offer.

and not "I am a ****wit who forgot to test my pans to see if they were
magnetic"

But they don't need to be magnetic so why would I care?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

[...]

Strange - denise has suddenly gone quiet

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Denise - I have a degree in physics, I well understand how they work

Well you appear to think the pans have to be magnetic to work.
Shame that that's wrong geof.

Where did I say that, retard?

You didn't. I'll bet you cannot guess who said that they needed to be
magnetic. It was Dennis. See this quote from the "A few electrical questions
thread"

""
I bought one [induction hob], then discovered the pans were non-magnetic so
it was useless
without new pans.
I bought a £1.99 wok from asda and that worked really well..
until I tried full power and it got so hot in a couple of seconds the oil
caught fire.

I decided I wanted gas, its just better than electric for hobs.
"
That is a quote from Denise.

Denise cannot even remember the lies he tells.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, he just makes it up as he goes along

So, denise, do you admit you were wrong

i.e. About me saying that pans have to be magnetic to work?

A simple "yes"will do

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

Strange - denise has suddenly gone quiet

I thought it was geof that had gone quite.

OK see you there 1/4/2011 if i can find it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:

Don't you have any fridge magnets?

No and I don't have your post either?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

[...]

Funny that.. nowhere in there does it say they have to be magnetic only that
they don't work because they are non-magnetic.
You should realise that there are different forms of magnetism.
You should also know that induction furnaces work with non ferrous materials
too so iron isn't actually a requirement for induction heating either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

You ****ed up denise - just admit it

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Strange - denise has suddenly gone quiet

I thought it was geof that had gone quite.

OK see you there 1/4/2011 if i can find it.

April fools day might suit you, would be most fitting, in fact, however,
some of us actually have a job, unlike yourself

that's why I said summer - or can't you read ?

any time june to september

your call

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Clive George wrote:

How do motorbike times on the ring compare to fast car ones?

The bikes are slower.

Porsche 956 6' 11"
Radical SR8 6' 50"
Homda RC30 7' 50"

BUt bike riders tend to be brainless ****s who think that two wheels are
always faster than four.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

It certainly is funny. Normal people are ****ing themselves laughing at you.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"dennis@home" wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:

Don't you have any fridge magnets?

No and I don't have your post either?

If you don't have my post how is it that you are responding to it?

He saw my post that replied to you?

--
Adam