Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Would you like to actually admit that you are wrong here?

No, but I will if you paste the link so I can check the source, I
wouldn't trust *you* to tell me the time.

There you go SFB

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/...ng/reclaim.htm

now you can admit you are wrong, you stupid retard

OK.

Was that "OK, yes, I was wrong "?

However it does raise an interesting point..

someone who is not VAT registered like TMH would pay VAT if he
supplies the goods..
Someone who gets TMH to buy the goods and then claims back the
goods is assisting TMH in avoiding registering for VAT..
however he does this at a cost.. he loses all rights as a consumer
if the goods are bad.

It is no different from someone buying a boiler and asking an
installer to fit it for him

If the goods are faulty, he still has his rights as a consumer

Of course its different.

No it isnt **** for brains.

He has to get someone to fix it and then claim back the costs from the
supplier rather than telling TMH to fix it.

Anything wrong with the install would be my problem - anything wrong with
the product wouldn't be. I'm happy either way, if I supply I make a mark
up, if the client buys hes can use the input VAT.

If TMH didn't supply it then TMH could just say no as he had
fulfilled his obligation and then the customer has to find someone
else.

Wrong again **** for brains.

If I correctly install a product whic is faulty - why should it be my
responsibility to sort it out for nothing?

If you had a clue about business, an example like this cannot be
construed as avoiding VAt registration, unless there is PROOF of
collusion to evade registration (e.g. A letter stating words to that
effect

Of course its avoiding it, who said that it was wrong to do so?
Do you have a guilty feeling?

You are a complete & utter ****ing idiot Dennis with no idea about business
or VAT or anything else.

Stop wriggling like the worm you are.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Tony Bryer
writes
On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:31:34 -0000 Dennis@home wrote :
Incidentally claiming VAT back on stuff that is not passed on to a
third party is also fraud.

Rubbish. When I was in the UK, my company claimed back all the VAT
paid out
for things like printer consumables, software, web hosting etc.

Of course its rubbish

Getting denise to admit that he is wrong is the hard part

Getting geof to understand plain English is the hard part.

Do you understand that you are 100% wrong about VAT you ****?

You made a complete prat of yourself yet again. Time to put your hands up
**** for brains.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Tony Bryer
writes
On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:31:34 -0000 Dennis@home wrote :
Incidentally claiming VAT back on stuff that is not passed on to a third
party is also fraud.

Rubbish. When I was in the UK, my company claimed back all the VAT
paid out
for things like printer consumables, software, web hosting etc.

Of course its rubbish

Getting denise to admit that he is wrong is the hard part

Getting geof to understand plain English is the hard part.

No denise I understand plain english

You just don't seem to have the strength of character to state that you
were wrong

On the few occasions that I've been wrong, I've admitted it. If I've
wronged someone in the process, I've made a public apology here.

You just don't seem to be someone with sufficient backbone to be a real
man, just a spineless wimp

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
[...]

Far worse than that Geoff, details to follow....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
[...]

Anything to do with some sneaky little **** reporting you to trading
standards, by any chance?

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

Of course its avoiding it,

Not in the evasive sense that you are implying

I never implied anything, if you want to change avoided to evaded than its
you that is implying something.
I expect its because you have been trying to evade it and think someone
thinks you have making you read stuff into posts that haven't been said.

who said that it was wrong to do so?

You were implying it

No I wasn't.
I would have said evaded if I meant evaded.

Do you have a guilty feeling?

I am VAT registered, I have been for 18 years

I've had a VAT visit, no problems, It's left to the accountant

Oh look you have accidentally snipped the bit where I asked you to confirm
that you were wrong

And I will continue to do so.
Anyone who has read what i said will know I agree with what the IR have
said.
The fact that it winds you up for me not to say what you want me to say is a
good enough reason not to.

BTW if I wanted to wriggle I would point out that we no longer run value
added tax as the system was "simplified" a few years ago and it is now not a
value added tax system at all but just a purchase tax system. Some states do
operate a value added tax system ASFAIAA.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Someone who gets TMH to buy the goods and then claims back the goods
is assisting TMH in avoiding registering for VAT..

Someone buying goods from me cannot possibly claim the VAT **** for
brains, because I'm not registered and don't have a VAT number. Unless I
use their cash to buy the goods in their name & give then=m the VAT
reciept - which is no different from them buying the goods themselves.

What has that got to do with what *I* said?
Are you geof in disguise? He can't read either.

however he does this at a cost.. he loses all rights as a consumer
if the goods are bad.

No he doesn't you ****ing idiot.

If he buys it from TMH then TMH would be responsible for it working, if
not TMH isn't responsible unless he botches the install..

For once you are right.

I have been right for everything you have said I was wrong for in this post.

..

My charges would therefore be for fitting the customers item. It would be
their responsibility for sorting out any problem with the supplier they
bought the goods from.

Thats what I said, why do you need to repeat it?

So, once again, despite wrigging like the worm you are, you have made a
complete & utter prat of yourself again.

I await your appology.

You are the one that needs to apologise.
TMH is just an example as it was earlier in the post.

And yes I did miss something out, it wasn't simple enough for you! I meant
if the customer had gone with a VAT registered handyman he would have got
his VAT back so it would cost him nothing and get to deal with one contract.
Which is exactly consistent with what I said about it costing him to buy
from you BTW.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

8

It is no different from someone buying a boiler and asking an
installer to fit it for him

If the goods are faulty, he still has his rights as a consumer

Of course its different.

No it isnt **** for brains.

Wrong again, you agree with what I said later in this post.

He has to get someone to fix it and then claim back the costs from the
supplier rather than telling TMH to fix it.

Anything wrong with the install would be my problem - anything wrong with
the product wouldn't be. I'm happy either way, if I supply I make a mark
up, if the client buys hes can use the input VAT.

If TMH didn't supply it then TMH could just say no as he had
fulfilled his obligation and then the customer has to find someone
else.

Wrong again **** for brains.

How can it be wrong you idiot, its exactly what you just said!

If I correctly install a product whic is faulty - why should it be my
responsibility to sort it out for nothing?

I never said it was. In fact I said it wasn't but you are too stupid to read
what I said.

If you had a clue about business, an example like this cannot be
construed as avoiding VAt registration, unless there is PROOF of
collusion to evade registration (e.g. A letter stating words to that
effect

Of course its avoiding it, who said that it was wrong to do so?
Do you have a guilty feeling?

You are a complete & utter ****ing idiot Dennis with no idea about
business or VAT or anything else.

That has nothing to do with VAT in case you didn't notice, it has to do with
some moron who thinks avoid is the same as evasion and that when someone
says avoid they must really mean evasion.

Stop wriggling like the worm you are.

You need to wriggle, you have disagreed with me several times in this post
only to reply with exactly what I said in the following line!
You really are being thick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Of which more later, when I have more evidence....

Evidence of what?
If you mean my email to TS then I have actually stated that I did.
I expect to get a response soon.

Anything else and you are wasting your time as there is no evidence to find.
You can't even claim I provoke you in this newsgroup as its invariably you
that starts abusing me even when I ignore you for weeks.
Just look at this thread where you can't even read what I say and jump to
the wrong conclusions all over the place.
You even agree with me in posts but still say I am wrong and post abuse.

I know you don't listen but I will say it again, stop behaving like an lout
in public forums, don't brag about your past wrong doings either. Use a bit
of common sense when someone tells you that you are behaving in an illegal
manner don't just say FO, stop doing it. Remember that people can get fined
under the telecoms act for posting abuse on the internet or someone could
just report your behaviour to BY and have your account suspended/terminated,
which I haven't BTW as I find you funny.

I did tell TS you were claiming to have harassed a customer, the same as I
would phone 999 and report any other crime against a person that I saw. I
wouldn't have if you had taken the point that it was illegal and wouldn't
have done it again, but you insisted that you were right and were inciting
others to do the same. I asked TS to explain it to you so it wouldn't happen
again but I guess that you still haven't taken the hint or they haven't
explained it to you in simple enough terms for you to understand.

I think you need to go back on the ignored list.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ad wrote:
On Nov 14, 5:02 pm, "The Medway Handyman" davidno-spam-

What I want is complete tranparency. I want to know exactly what a job
costs. If that means labour rates should go up - fair enough,
I don't think this is unreasonable. What is unreasonable is to told
that the 'list price' is £799 when the trader only pays £399.

A registered business can buy goods, claim back the VAT and not sell
them again - this is perfectly legitimate. If you buy a new computer
for your business you can claim back the VAT. What I am concerned
about is the people who just love to lie and bull**** to elderly
people
(who tend to be more trusting) and resort to any trick going to
overcharge them.

They are called conmen and the list price of an item has nothing to do with
it or what they do.

My elderly female neighbour was quoted an average of £2500 to have her
porch
and its outer door replaced with Upvc. The first quote I got for my
identical semi-detached half of the porch was £984. Why the
difference ?.

You didn't phone a conman?

The bloke she ultimately selected spent at least half an hour
bull****ting her with remarks like 'We' will have to check out costs
and price it up.
(for 'we' read one bloke, white van and a mate who he pays cash to) .
'It might have to be 18 mil plywood' (its a flat roof originally
constructed with
one inch chipboard in 1976, for christs sake how much does a piece of
18 mil plywood 1200 by 900 cost ?- even I know that a full sheet is
about £35 in wickes. then he spent the rest of the time going on about
his family - 'emily is going to college blah blah blah' - classic
rogue
trader behaviour. He finally did the job, used an angle grinder to cut
the original chipboard, didn't bother to replace a 3 by 2 noggin that
was growing
mushrooms - just nailed the 11 mil OSB (whippy as hell) into it. And
the new outer door hinged the wrong way !. The original was hinged on
the left
but the replacement required my neighbour to get right into her 4 foot
by 3 foot 6 porch with her sholley and then struggle to close the
outer porch door
before she could open the house front door. A few weeks later he was
back and changed it for a correctly handed door - hopefully she
refused to pay for the
first attempt. The replacement door has now sagged which makes it very
difficult to open or close. So he hasn't bothered to put the setting
blocks
in place - and I don't think that is down to incompetence, he has done
it deliberately. Hopefully he is now stuck with the door and frame he
initially
fitted.

Why did you not go round and stick up for her?

Oh, and AFAIK Wickes does not descriminate between someone spending
£6K a year and someone spending £20, so why use them as an example.

Should have used B&Q as an example. They have a trade card. So they must
discriminate against low spenders/non tradesmen.

Joe Public pays cash on the nail - something that even Travis Perkins
should appreciate. Who would you prefer, someone who pays immediately,
or someone who 'promises' to pay in 30 days and then goes 'bust'
without paying anything ?.

TP does not have the fancy showrooms like B&Q, nor does it have to deal with
Joe Public walking around for 30 minutes bothering the staff before not
buying anything (or shoplifting anything).

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

Should have used B&Q as an example. They have a trade card. So they must
discriminate against low spenders/non tradesmen.

Or screwfix, they appear to discriminate tradesmen as the select card they
sent me shows, I have never registered as a tradesman or anything like that
with them BTW.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

All products are sold via channels, where you buy in the channel may
determine 1) your status in law re Business or Consumer and 2) Price
and Minimum Quantity, ie, Terms & Conditions. The law makes a very
clear distinction between Trader/Business & Consumer/Retail... would
be interesting to know if the "trade cards" diminish your rights as
implied to B2B buyer in place or B2C re Screwfix "trade", B&Q "trade"
and so on.

Most "trade outlets" whilst often selling to consumer want to apply
trade terms, most consumers buying at trade outlets want trade prices;
an interesting conflict. The trade place usually covers themselves re
"just getting a price off the computer".. followed by 15 minutes with
a calculator... slide rule... gordon brown telephone call... teeth
sucking... wallet weight check... stubble rub... and a sky high
price :-)

A solution if you want quality work is 1) buy the stuff you want
installed yourself 2) define how you want it done or at least the end
result 3) that which you do not inspect or monitor, you do not
control. So a photo of wiring to roofing before, during & after is a
very good idea. Since we lost manufacturing, and underlying cost of
living is so high, we have lost a lot of skilled people in terms of
they move into other areas. Hence £100/hr and £70/hr can buy the
difference between a very experienced tradesman and a complete
imbecile - or no difference whatsoever.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 15, 11:15*am, "dennis@home"
wrote:

I did tell TS you were claiming to have harassed a customer, the same as I
would phone 999 and report any other crime against a person that I saw.

Wow, Dennis.

Just, Wow.

You must miss your old life in East Germany.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Nov 15, 11:15 am, "dennis@home"
wrote:

I did tell TS you were claiming to have harassed a customer, the
same as I would phone 999 and report any other crime against a
person that I saw.

Wow, Dennis.

Just, Wow.

You must miss your old life in East Germany.

I'll bet he never phoned the police to report that couple who put the CCTV
recording of Mary Bale putting their a cat into a bin onto youtube.
According to Dennis broadcasting the video was a crime against Miss Bale.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message

[...]

Take a breath FFS, that sounds as though you're trying to convince yourself
that you did the right thing. I doubt you'll convince many of us and I
presume you haven't had the balls to leave a paper trail to yourself. What a
nasty, vindictive ******* you are. There's also a procedure for removing
chips on shoulders, if I were you I'd get a rear view mirror fitted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

Or screwfix, they appear to discriminate tradesmen as the select card they
sent me shows, I have never registered as a tradesman or anything like that
with them BTW.

Everyone gets the same deal at Screwfix YTC.
****es me off if I have to go in the store to see a queue of people as
the one at the front is choosing between 3 lights and cannot decide
which one they want.
The general public get in the way, thats why I wont go into Screwfix any
more.

Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A.Lee wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

Or screwfix, they appear to discriminate tradesmen as the select
card they sent me shows, I have never registered as a tradesman or
anything like that with them BTW.

Everyone gets the same deal at Screwfix YTC.
****es me off if I have to go in the store to see a queue of people as
the one at the front is choosing between 3 lights and cannot decide
which one they want.
The general public get in the way, thats why I wont go into Screwfix
any more.

Exactly my experience last week. Wanted half a dozen items, already had the
part numbers written down, filed in the slip....

A bloke of about 94 with a catalogue 4 years out of date was clogging up one
till while they tried to sort out what he wanted & a couple at the other had
three boxes of taps open.

Bloody nuisance.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

Take a breath FFS, that sounds as though you're trying to convince
yourself that you did the right thing.

I know I did the right thing.

I doubt you'll convince many of us

That is a problem with you.

and I presume you haven't had the balls to leave a paper trail to
yourself. What a nasty, vindictive ******* you are. There's also a
procedure for removing chips on shoulders, if I were you I'd get a rear
view mirror fitted.

If that is intended to be a threat you had better hope I don't take it
seriously.

TS know how to contact me.
They don't need to, TMH claimed to have committed the offense.

I am surprised you think a trader that claims to bully and harass customers
should be on a list of approved traders.
It is unfair to other traders on the list to have the list made worthless by
listing people who do not behave in an appropriate way.
You may also note that I am not making the decision as to what is
appropriate or if anything was inappropriate, I just asked for expert
advice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

Take a breath FFS, that sounds as though you're trying to convince
yourself that you did the right thing.

I know I did the right thing.

I doubt you'll convince many of us

That is a problem with you.

and I presume you haven't had the balls to leave a paper trail to
yourself. What a nasty, vindictive ******* you are. There's also a
procedure for removing chips on shoulders, if I were you I'd get a rear
view mirror fitted.

If that is intended to be a threat you had better hope I don't take it
seriously.

You can take it any way you like sweetheart (that's your problem) I'm simply
pointing out that you're a ****ehawk and would be wise to watch your back. I
certainly would if I'd done what you have.

TS know how to contact me.

??
They don't need to, TMH claimed to have committed the offense.

??

I am surprised you think a trader that claims to bully and harass
customers should be on a list of approved traders.
It is unfair to other traders on the list to have the list made worthless
by listing people who do not behave in an appropriate way.
You may also note that I am not making the decision as to what is
appropriate or if anything was inappropriate, I just asked for expert
advice.

So if you have difficulty getting paid for work done, you just write it off.
Very good Dennis, that's the way to run a business sure enough.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , A.Lee
writes
dennis@home wrote:

Or screwfix, they appear to discriminate tradesmen as the select card they
sent me shows, I have never registered as a tradesman or anything like that
with them BTW.

Everyone gets the same deal at Screwfix YTC.

Just denise being his usual eejit self

****es me off if I have to go in the store to see a queue of people as
the one at the front is choosing between 3 lights and cannot decide
which one they want.
The general public get in the way, thats why I wont go into Screwfix any
more.

Alan.

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Of course its avoiding it,

Not in the evasive sense that you are implying

I never implied anything, if you want to change avoided to evaded than
its you that is implying something.
I expect its because you have been trying to evade it and think someone
thinks you have making you read stuff into posts that haven't been said.

Is that a direct accusation denise?

Watch your step

[...]

You said

"Incidentally claiming VAT back on stuff that is not passed on to a
third party is also fraud."

Which is patently wrong and displays a total lack of understanding of
how VAT works

I posted a quote from the HMRC site

"Generally, you can reclaim VAT that you pay when you buy goods or
services for your business. This VAT is called input tax by HMRC"

which shows you are wrong

You just don't have the backbone to admit it

but then ... you're a dickhead who bought an induction hob and didn't
realise how it worked as well

how many other threads are there going at the moment where your
stupidity has come to light?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
A.Lee wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

Or screwfix, they appear to discriminate tradesmen as the select
card they sent me shows, I have never registered as a tradesman or
anything like that with them BTW.

Everyone gets the same deal at Screwfix YTC.
****es me off if I have to go in the store to see a queue of people
as the one at the front is choosing between 3 lights and cannot
decide which one they want.
The general public get in the way, thats why I wont go into Screwfix
any more.

Exactly my experience last week. Wanted half a dozen items, already
had the part numbers written down, filed in the slip....

A bloke of about 94 with a catalogue 4 years out of date was clogging
up one till while they tried to sort out what he wanted & a couple at
the other had three boxes of taps open.

Bloody nuisance.

You were stood behind Denise?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

So now you are saying this group is full of thugs then?
That would prove i was correct to do what I did, thanks.

I'll bet your friends don't realise what an enemy they have.

snip

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

So now you are saying this group is full of thugs then?

TMH only kept asking for the money he was owed. That does not make him a
thug.

how come you associate him with a thug?
I never mentioned him.

8

How does asking for your money turn you into a thug? He did not threaten
the person who owed him money.

That's twice you have associated TMH with a thug, why?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

I'll bet your friends don't realise what an enemy they have.

My friends aren't criminals, are yours?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

brass monkey wrote:
How does asking for your money turn you into a thug? He did not
threaten the person who owed him money.

--
Adam

I think you're ****ing into the wind with this one, Adam

I'll sleep soundly knowing that Denise bought an induction hob without
owning a set of iron pans and then blamed the pans that he did own when his
induction hob did not work :-)

Have a look at the thread "A few electrical questions"

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

I'll bet your friends don't realise what an enemy they have.

My friends aren't criminals, are yours?

You do not have any friends.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
brass monkey wrote:
How does asking for your money turn you into a thug? He did not
threaten the person who owed him money.

--
Adam

I think you're ****ing into the wind with this one, Adam

I'll sleep soundly knowing that Denise bought an induction hob without
owning a set of iron pans and then blamed the pans that he did own when his
induction hob did not work :-)

Have a look at the thread "A few electrical questions"

And that he can't come to terms with the fact that he was wrong about
VAT despite being presented with irrefutable evidence - he just can't
admit he is wrong, like a bible basher, if one pillar were to fall the
whole illusion crumbles

He's a very sad character

I wonder if we could have a slush fund and buy him a boat ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

brass monkey wrote:
How does asking for your money turn you into a thug? He did not
threaten the person who owed him money.

--
Adam

I think you're ****ing into the wind with this one, Adam

I'll sleep soundly knowing that Denise bought an induction hob without
owning a set of iron pans and then blamed the pans that he did own when
his induction hob did not work :-)

Shame that you don't know much, you don't need iron pans.
You can get stainless pans that work on induction hobs.
Also the really cheap pressed steel ones work well.

Have a look at the thread "A few electrical questions"

He doesn't need to, he can see you are wrong here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

I'll bet your friends don't realise what an enemy they have.

My friends aren't criminals, are yours?

You do not have any friends.

Are you now claiming everyone else is a criminal?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

I'll bet your friends don't realise what an enemy they have.

My friends aren't criminals, are yours?

You do not have any friends.

Are you now claiming everyone else is a criminal?

No

I am claiming that you are a retard that has no friends.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

dennis@home wrote:
"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

I'll bet your friends don't realise what an enemy they have.

My friends aren't criminals, are yours?

You do not have any friends.

Are you now claiming everyone else is a criminal?

Denise - you have such a total lack of logic, I can't believe it

even for a ****tard like you that was ridiculous

are you on your second glass of white wine already ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

dennis@home wrote:
"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

I'll bet your friends don't realise what an enemy they have.

My friends aren't criminals, are yours?

You do not have any friends.

Are you now claiming everyone else is a criminal?

Denise - you have such a total lack of logic, I can't believe it

even for a ****tard like you that was ridiculous

are you on your second glass of white wine already ?

ya hafta laugh.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

I'll bet your friends don't realise what an enemy they have.

My friends aren't criminals, are yours?

Unimportant, with a friend like you, who needs enemies. Lets hope all of
your mates get the money they're owed with little fuss, else it's knife in
the back time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

brass monkey wrote:
How does asking for your money turn you into a thug? He did not
threaten the person who owed him money.

--
Adam

I think you're ****ing into the wind with this one, Adam

I'll sleep soundly knowing that Denise bought an induction hob
without owning a set of iron pans and then blamed the pans that he
did own when his induction hob did not work :-)

Shame that you don't know much, you don't need iron pans.

So what sort of pans did you own when you bought your induction hob?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

now you can admit you are wrong, you stupid retard

OK.

Was that "OK, yes, I was wrong "?

I see dennis is too ****-scared to answer that one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

So what sort of pans did you own when you bought your induction hob?

Prestige.

Probably too expensive for you, Makro have some of their own brand stuff
that looks similar, stainless with a bonded aluminium base if you want some.
The lids don't fit as well but they are probably OK. They claim to work on
all types including induction. Quite cheap at around £70 a pan (but I
expect they will be £25 a pan for xmas in some special cut price offer if
you wait).

The only type you can be sure does work is cast iron, others either have to
say or you have to try.
Don't bother trying aluminium ones as they don't work.
Anything with a base welded on may or may not work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

So what sort of pans did you own when you bought your induction hob?

Prestige.

Probably too expensive for you,

Your chip is showing again, our Dennis.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

So what sort of pans did you own when you bought your induction hob?

Prestige.

Probably too expensive for you, Makro have some of their own brand stuff
that looks similar, stainless with a bonded aluminium base if you want
some. The lids don't fit as well but they are probably OK. They claim to
work on all types including induction. Quite cheap at around £70 a pan
(but I expect they will be £25 a pan for xmas in some special cut price
offer if you wait).

The only type you can be sure does work is cast iron, others either have
to say or you have to try.
Don't bother trying aluminium ones as they don't work.
Anything with a base welded on may or may not work.

So not your non magnetic ones then?

What are you buying £1.99 woks for if you like expensive pans?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I will use anything, the other half wont.
The wok was one I bought to go on the BBQ burner.
The expensive ones were bought very cheaply when an Asda moved and they sold
stuff off cheap.