Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike

Default How Change I Change the Color of Metal Roof Flashing?

The front porch roof of my house was rebuilt. The roofers used snow white
aluminum flashing to seal the area where the new gray shingled roof meets
the front brick wall of the house. The shingles, down spout and gutters
look very good and did not leak during a very bad rain last Thursday. Can
I coat the white finish on the flasing with some sort of dark grey coating
that's durable?

Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Mike" wrote in message
Can I coat the white finish on the flasing with some sort of dark grey
coating that's durable?

Paint.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message

Can I coat the white finish on the flasing with some sort of dark grey
coating that's durable?

Paint.

Hi,
I wonder why he did not choose right color to begin with?
Tony
Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Hi,
I wonder why he did not choose right color to begin with?
Tony

Probably what he had on the truck that day. Aluminum sheeting does come in
different colors.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

\
Hi,
I wonder why he did not choose right color to begin with?
Tony

Good question. The roofing company completely redid the job because the
first job caused severe leaking and dAmage to the interior of my house. It
was thirty degrees outside when they redid the job and I suspect they only
had the white trim on the job site. I told the owner of the company they
had to fix it now because the freezing water/ice would cause even more
severe damage. Any suggestions for a durable flat dark gray coating or
paint?

Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

\
Hi,
I wonder why he did not choose right color to begin with?
Tony

Good question. The roofing company completely redid the job because the
first job caused severe leaking and dAmage to the interior of my house. It
was thirty degrees outside when they redid the job and I suspect they only
had the white trim on the job site. I told the owner of the company they
had to fix it now because the freezing water/ice would cause even more
severe damage. Any suggestions for a durable flat dark gray coating or
paint?

Mike

Oil based EPOXY PAINT.
That stuff will last forever.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike

Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

\
Hi,
I wonder why he did not choose right color to begin with?
Tony

Good question. The roofing company completely redid the job because the
first job caused severe leaking and dAmage to the interior of my house.
It
was thirty degrees outside when they redid the job and I suspect they only
had the white trim on the job site. I told the owner of the company they
had to fix it now because the freezing water/ice would cause even more
severe damage. Any suggestions for a durable flat dark gray coating or
paint?

Mike

BTDT. Exterior latex semi gloss house paint.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike

Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

\
Hi,
I wonder why he did not choose right color to begin with?
Tony

Good question. The roofing company completely redid the job because the
first job caused severe leaking and dAmage to the interior of my house.
It
was thirty degrees outside when they redid the job and I suspect they only
had the white trim on the job site. I told the owner of the company they
had to fix it now because the freezing water/ice would cause even more
severe damage. Any suggestions for a durable flat dark gray coating or
paint?

Mike

Oil based EPOXY PAINT.
That stuff will last forever.

pros and cons of metal roof andympls Home Ownership 6 May 18th 05 08:55 AM
Brick Roof flashing question Art Home Repair 1 April 23rd 04 01:58 AM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 03:43 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 3 February 25th 04 03:43 PM
shingle or metal roof? [email protected] Home Repair 0 August 30th 03 05:15 PM