Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default chrome bathroom pullswitch with chain ?

I am looking the a chrome pullswitch with a metal chain rather than a
string. Obviously the chain needs to be isolated electrically. I bought
a chrome switch with a string, and a separate chain (sold on the same
shelf) from B&Q but the string cannot be replaced with the chain,
unless you are happy with a bit of visible string at the top. I looked
in the innards, and the string runs straight through the switching
mechanism and very near live parts, so I decided not to try and frig
it.
Apart from annoyance at B&Q for the grouping of these products, anyone
know where I can get a contemporary-looking switch ? All the google
ones seem to be Victorian, Crystal, have porcelain bases etc,
definitely not what I want.
Cheers,
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have used and would recommend this company.

http://www.severnvalebathrooms.co.uk/pullchord.htm

Regards
Paul

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking the a chrome pullswitch with a metal chain rather than a
string. Obviously the chain needs to be isolated electrically. I bought
a chrome switch with a string, and a separate chain (sold on the same
shelf) from B&Q but the string cannot be replaced with the chain,
unless you are happy with a bit of visible string at the top. I looked
in the innards, and the string runs straight through the switching
mechanism and very near live parts, so I decided not to try and frig
it.
Apart from annoyance at B&Q for the grouping of these products, anyone
know where I can get a contemporary-looking switch ? All the google
ones seem to be Victorian, Crystal, have porcelain bases etc,
definitely not what I want.
Cheers,
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Paul S wrote:

pullchord.htm

^
Does it play a good tune?

Problem removing chain from Sears chain saw [email protected] Home Repair 7 May 19th 06 03:08 PM
chrome pipe ? In2Minds UK diy 8 February 7th 06 11:22 AM
Bathroom Chrome Heat Lamp Fixture? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 September 22nd 05 02:15 AM
sharpending chain saw chain? Krystonia5 Home Repair 19 January 31st 05 01:11 PM
My chain saw leaks chain oil? Tony Hwang Home Repair 10 October 2nd 04 04:51 AM