Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 17/11/2010 20:23, dennis@home wrote:

"Unbeliever" wrote in message

As a matter of interest, have you ever haggled for a discount off any
goods or services that you wished to buy - or even "paid by cash" to
avoid paying VAT on something? If you have, then you are a hypocrite
and if you say you haven't, then you are telling 'porkies'.

I have haggled over prices lots of times, I have even paid cash.
I expect a receipt, if the trader doesn't put it through his books he
risks getting caught and I will not lie to protect him. If the VAT man
asks for the receipt he will get a copy.

Somehow I get the feeling that you are the type who would haggle and ask
if you can have it cheaper for cash, and when you get it, smile and thank
them, before shopping the trader to HMRC for doing you a favour.

I never ask a trader to do anything illegal, in fact I have never asked
anyone to do anything illegal AFAIK.
If a trader thinks evading tax is a good idea that's his problem.