Old July 15th 17, 01:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

Old July 15th 17, 05:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 05:24:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

Gunner

---

Old July 15th 17, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

You have to ask? g

https://www.google.com/search?num=50...l+demagnetizer

From the Walker surface demagnetizer page: "Plate Type Demagnetizers
are ideal for tool room use to demagnetize drills, cutters, ball and
roller bearings, etc. The part is demagnetized by sliding it smoothly
and slowly over the top of the plate, passing it clear of the
demagnetizing field. The flat surface allows easy demagnetization of
bulk packed nails, drills, screws, and welded parts."

Search time: 5 secs
Site review time: 5 minutes
Post time: 1 minute

Beat you by 5x, buddy. titter

-
If ever the Time should come, when vain and aspiring

Men shall possess the highest Seats in Government,

our Country will stand in Need of its experienced

Patriots to prevent its Ruin.
-- Samuel Adams
Old July 15th 17, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

Gunner

I can't wait for WhoYaKidding to give you some instruction in how to use
this worthless piece of clutter you've picked up.
Old July 15th 17, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

You misspelled it as well, you ****wit: the root word is *magnet*, not
"magnit", so "demagnitizer" is wrong.

Anyway, if you spell the word correctly, how-to hits jump off the page
at you. Here's one:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...etizer-235902/

Don't say I never did anything nice for you, asshole.

Old July 15th 17, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

Gunner

I can't wait for WhoYaKidding to give you some instruction in how to use
this worthless piece of clutter you've picked up.

He should interface it with the Snap-on diagnostic tool he recently
rescued from the dumpster to hoarded. Had a laugh about him planning
"to magnitize things, like screw drivers and so forth." Oh well, it
gives him something new to talk about. Hard to tell if he purposely
tries to avoid being productive, or if that's just another symptom of
his defective brain.
Old July 15th 17, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

At some point, it becomes hard to distinguish between nature and nurture.
Old July 16th 17, 02:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 3:11:07 PM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Had a laugh about him planning
"to magnitize things, like screw drivers and so forth."

Well the laugh is on you. Some demagnetizers can also magnetise things.

Dan
Old July 16th 17, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:26:30 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 3:11:07 PM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Had a laugh about him planning
"to magnitize things, like screw drivers and so forth."

Well the laugh is on you. Some demagnetizers can also magnetise things.

Dan

One hardly needs a device to magnetize screwdrivers, and the laugh's
on you for needing to be told that.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MASTER-MA...6424/203613158

Besides, I'm faaaairyly certain that the ability to magnetize
screwdrivers won't do anything to help Wieber catch up on his rent.

Man, you sure can be counted on to jump in to defend the deadbeat's
dumb decisions... again and again.
Old July 16th 17, 07:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

You have to ask? g

https://www.google.com/search?num=50...l+demagnetizer

From the Walker surface demagnetizer page: "Plate Type Demagnetizers
are ideal for tool room use to demagnetize drills, cutters, ball and
roller bearings, etc. The part is demagnetized by sliding it smoothly
and slowly over the top of the plate, passing it clear of the
demagnetizing field. The flat surface allows easy demagnetization of
bulk packed nails, drills, screws, and welded parts."

Search time: 5 secs
Site review time: 5 minutes
Post time: 1 minute

Beat you by 5x, buddy. titter

"plate type demagnitizers"

that was not for this PARTICULAR 3 module magnitizer. I was asking
about the Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer..not "generic plate demagnitizer"

titter

So tell me..what are the (3) modules used for? There is "NO" plate on
this unit. There are (3) metal gizmos protruding from a plastic
cover.

And how are they used and for what reason?

the 2 small end modules are used differently than the larger center
module?

titter

How are they used?

titter

And so forth.

titter

This is a plate demagnitizer

http://www.shars.com/files/products/...2-1170Main.jpg

This is what I own:

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Plate?

titter

Thank you for your kind commentary however.

titter

---