Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 9:35:04 AM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Except there was no ignorance from me. You pretended there was so that
you could mount your usual sideways defense of anything Wieber, no
matter how ridiculous. I ask again, how much is your life like
Wieber's that you need to whine every time he gets kicked? In this
case, I'm guessing that you, just like Wieber, had no idea that
screwdrivers are easily magnetized.

Well all the readers of RCM knows that you thought that a]l demagnetiser's could not also magnetise. That is your ignorance. You also rummaged around on the internet and found a dinky thing at Home Depot as if that is comparable to an industrial demagnetiser. I would like to see you using that Home Depot item to demagnitise things ground on a surface grinder.

But if you are so knowledgeable how about letting us knew what metal working you have done lately.

My wife decided that our propane fired grill was no good and so I picked up a Webber grill at a tag sale. So now have to light the charcoal. So made a charcoal chimney out of misc stuff I already had. I made it in two parts. The bottom part is made from some stainless tubing with some stainless welding rod to make a grate in the bottom of the tubing. And used some stainless all thread and some wood to make a handle. I did not have any more stainless for the upper stack, but did have an electric motor frame. So drilled out the spot welds to get just the cylinder and welded three bolts so it would sit down in the bottom bit and rest on the bolts. Works pretty well, but is a bit heavier than necessary. Works good , last a long time.

My life is simple as I am retired and just do things for fun.

Dan