Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:36:52 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 09:18:03 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 05:24:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

You have to ask? g

https://www.google.com/search?num=50...l+demagnetizer

From the Walker surface demagnetizer page: "Plate Type Demagnetizers
are ideal for tool room use to demagnetize drills, cutters, ball and
roller bearings, etc. The part is demagnetized by sliding it smoothly
and slowly over the top of the plate, passing it clear of the
demagnetizing field. The flat surface allows easy demagnetization of
bulk packed nails, drills, screws, and welded parts."

Search time: 5 secs
Site review time: 5 minutes
Post time: 1 minute

Beat you by 5x, buddy. titter

"plate type demagnitizers"

that was not for this PARTICULAR 3 module magnitizer. I was asking
about the Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer..not "generic plate demagnitizer"

titter

So tell me..what are the (3) modules used for? There is "NO" plate on
this unit. There are (3) metal gizmos protruding from a plastic
cover.

And how are they used and for what reason?

the 2 small end modules are used differently than the larger center
module?

titter

How are they used?

titter

And so forth.

titter

This is a plate demagnitizer

http://www.shars.com/files/products/...2-1170Main.jpg

This is what I own:

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Plate?

titter

Thank you for your kind commentary however.

titter

---