Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 12:24:03 -0700, Nashville Cats wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 11:17:29 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 9:35:04 AM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Except there was no ignorance from me. You pretended there was so that
you could mount your usual sideways defense of anything Wieber, no
matter how ridiculous. I ask again, how much is your life like
Wieber's that you need to whine every time he gets kicked? In this
case, I'm guessing that you, just like Wieber, had no idea that
screwdrivers are easily magnetized.

Well all the readers of RCM knows that you thought that a]l demagnetiser's could not also magnetise.

No, you made that up, because that's what dopes with nothing useful to
say, are wont to do.

That is your ignorance. You also rummaged around on the internet and found a dinky thing at Home Depot as if that is comparable to an industrial demagnetiser.

No. I've had perhaps a dozen different magnetizers over the years. The
Home Depot link showed the most common type one sees these days, which
is so prolific that it isn't worth rummaging around for a speaker
magnet or whatever to do the job. If I had anything that didn't fit in
my magnetizer, I'd use the magnetic parts bin that lives on the side
of my hoist.

I would like to see you using that Home Depot item to demagnitise things ground on a surface grinder.

Wieber only said that he wanted to magnetize "screw drivers and so
forth." The "so forth" means that he can't even think of anything else
he's going to use his new treasure for. He bought it because in lieu
of being self sufficient, and as a diversion from the reality of his
trailer trash life, he likes hoarding tons of crap, especially crap he
can waste time talking about endlessly. Now all his screwdrivers are
magnetized, and will turn into metal shard furballs the first time he
lays them near any grinding job. On second thought, I don't think that
will be a problem for him because if he was doing any real work, he'd
have learned long ago that magnetizing all his screwdrivers is even
dumber than wasting his money on a demagnetizer to do the job.

But if you are so knowledgeable how about letting us knew what metal working you have done lately.

Why would I do that? I've posted a half dozen projects lately in a
place that kicks nitwits like you and Wieber out to places like this
one. Now, I know you'll say I'm making that up. But your problem with
that approach is that a couple months ago I sent a link to one of
those posts to Huntress, which he can use to search all my dozens of
posts on that site if he likes. Maybe he'll back me up.

Darn. This is not a good computer day for me. I can see the photos of
your motorcycle rack that you linked to, but I can't figure out how to
see the other photos.

Why don't you just post a photo of the Glasair RG you built, and be
done with it? g

Seriously, let me know, here or in email, how to see the other photos.

And then
you'll apologize. LOL Just kidding, I know you'll make up something
new.

My wife decided that our propane fired grill was no good and so I picked up a Webber grill at a tag sale.
So now have to light the charcoal. So made a charcoal chimney out of misc stuff I already had.
My life is simple as I am retired and just do things for fun.

Apparently you find it "fun" to repeatedly put words in others'
mouths, and that's all you've done here, as usual.