DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/593477-re-how-do-i-properly-use-electrical-demagnitizer.html)

[email protected] July 15th 17 02:24 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 15th 17 06:18 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 05:24:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

Gunner

---

Larry Jaques[_4_] July 15th 17 07:36 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

You have to ask? g

https://www.google.com/search?num=50...l+demagnetizer

From the Walker surface demagnetizer page: "Plate Type Demagnetizers
are ideal for tool room use to demagnetize drills, cutters, ball and
roller bearings, etc. The part is demagnetized by sliding it smoothly
and slowly over the top of the plate, passing it clear of the
demagnetizing field. The flat surface allows easy demagnetization of
bulk packed nails, drills, screws, and welded parts."

Search time: 5 secs
Site review time: 5 minutes
Post time: 1 minute

Beat you by 5x, buddy. titter

-
If ever the Time should come, when vain and aspiring

Men shall possess the highest Seats in Government,

our Country will stand in Need of its experienced

Patriots to prevent its Ruin.
-- Samuel Adams

Rudy Canoza[_6_] July 15th 17 07:47 PM

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

Gunner

I can't wait for WhoYaKidding to give you some instruction in how to use
this worthless piece of clutter you've picked up.

Clarence Callahan July 15th 17 08:39 PM

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

You misspelled it as well, you ****wit: the root word is *magnet*, not
"magnit", so "demagnitizer" is wrong.

Anyway, if you spell the word correctly, how-to hits jump off the page
at you. Here's one:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...etizer-235902/

Don't say I never did anything nice for you, asshole.

Nashville Cats July 15th 17 09:11 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

Gunner

I can't wait for WhoYaKidding to give you some instruction in how to use
this worthless piece of clutter you've picked up.

He should interface it with the Snap-on diagnostic tool he recently
rescued from the dumpster to hoarded. Had a laugh about him planning
"to magnitize things, like screw drivers and so forth." Oh well, it
gives him something new to talk about. Hard to tell if he purposely
tries to avoid being productive, or if that's just another symptom of
his defective brain.

Rudy Canoza[_6_] July 15th 17 09:17 PM

wrote:

[...]

At some point, it becomes hard to distinguish between nature and nurture.

[email protected] July 16th 17 03:26 AM

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 3:11:07 PM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Had a laugh about him planning
"to magnitize things, like screw drivers and so forth."

Well the laugh is on you. Some demagnetizers can also magnetise things.

Dan

Nashville Cats July 16th 17 04:00 AM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:26:30 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 3:11:07 PM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Had a laugh about him planning
"to magnitize things, like screw drivers and so forth."

Well the laugh is on you. Some demagnetizers can also magnetise things.

Dan

One hardly needs a device to magnetize screwdrivers, and the laugh's
on you for needing to be told that.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MASTER-MA...6424/203613158

Besides, I'm faaaairyly certain that the ability to magnetize
screwdrivers won't do anything to help Wieber catch up on his rent.

Man, you sure can be counted on to jump in to defend the deadbeat's
dumb decisions... again and again.

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 16th 17 08:52 AM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

You have to ask? g

https://www.google.com/search?num=50...l+demagnetizer

From the Walker surface demagnetizer page: "Plate Type Demagnetizers
are ideal for tool room use to demagnetize drills, cutters, ball and
roller bearings, etc. The part is demagnetized by sliding it smoothly
and slowly over the top of the plate, passing it clear of the
demagnetizing field. The flat surface allows easy demagnetization of
bulk packed nails, drills, screws, and welded parts."

Search time: 5 secs
Site review time: 5 minutes
Post time: 1 minute

Beat you by 5x, buddy. titter

"plate type demagnitizers"

that was not for this PARTICULAR 3 module magnitizer. I was asking
about the Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer..not "generic plate demagnitizer"

titter

So tell me..what are the (3) modules used for? There is "NO" plate on
this unit. There are (3) metal gizmos protruding from a plastic
cover.

And how are they used and for what reason?

the 2 small end modules are used differently than the larger center
module?

titter

How are they used?

titter

And so forth.

titter

This is a plate demagnitizer

http://www.shars.com/files/products/...2-1170Main.jpg

This is what I own:

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Plate?

titter

Thank you for your kind commentary however.

titter

---

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 16th 17 08:54 AM

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 3:11:07 PM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Had a laugh about him planning
"to magnitize things, like screw drivers and so forth."

Well the laugh is on you. Some demagnetizers can also magnetise things.

Dan

Actually..this one does a fair job of magnizing, once I figured out
how its done.

---

[email protected] July 16th 17 01:42 PM

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 10:00:28 PM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Man, you sure can be counted on to jump in to defend the deadbeat's
dumb decisions... again and again.

You certainly have poor insight. I did not jump in to defend anyone, I just pointed out your ignorance.

Dan

Nashville Cats July 16th 17 03:35 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 04:42:29 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 10:00:28 PM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Man, you sure can be counted on to jump in to defend the deadbeat's
dumb decisions... again and again.

You certainly have poor insight. I did not jump in to defend anyone, I just pointed out your ignorance.

Except there was no ignorance from me. You pretended there was so that
you could mount your usual sideways defense of anything Wieber, no
matter how ridiculous. I ask again, how much is your life like
Wieber's that you need to whine every time he gets kicked? In this
case, I'm guessing that you, just like Wieber, had no idea that
screwdrivers are easily magnetized.

Larry Jaques[_4_] July 16th 17 03:37 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

You have to ask? g

https://www.google.com/search?num=50...l+demagnetizer

From the Walker surface demagnetizer page: "Plate Type Demagnetizers
are ideal for tool room use to demagnetize drills, cutters, ball and
roller bearings, etc. The part is demagnetized by sliding it smoothly
and slowly over the top of the plate, passing it clear of the
demagnetizing field. The flat surface allows easy demagnetization of
bulk packed nails, drills, screws, and welded parts."

Search time: 5 secs
Site review time: 5 minutes
Post time: 1 minute

Beat you by 5x, buddy. titter

"plate type demagnitizers"

that was not for this PARTICULAR 3 module magnitizer. I was asking
about the Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer..not "generic plate demagnitizer"

titter

It's not like I sent a link to an aircraft rudder system when you
asked for directions on steering a modern car.

So tell me..what are the (3) modules used for? There is "NO" plate on
this unit. There are (3) metal gizmos protruding from a plastic
cover.

The default picture from eBay led me to believe that it was a plate
type, hence the link to walker.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ideal-13-005...-/111618197553

And how are they used and for what reason?

Best guess: E lamination shape.

the 2 small end modules are used differently than the larger center
module?

titter

The unicorn juice goes in the big one and comes out the two little
ones, of course.

How are they used?

titter

Try putting the tool directly on top of a node and slowly slide it
off. How well does it work? Now try another one between the nodes.
How well does that work? Are you aware of how demagnetizers work?
(and if not, why not, yet?) Play with it to get to know it. Make it
magnetize tools, then demagnetize them. This is supposed to be fun.
It'a a new tool, mon!

And so forth.

titter

Question: Did you try it? Did you turn it on and play with it before
seeing that it was a plate type (still guessing here)? And after I
sent that link did you try the Walker method? And what did you find?

This is a plate demagnitizer

http://www.shars.com/files/products/...2-1170Main.jpg

This is what I own:

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Plate?

Uh, yeah?

Thank you for your kind commentary however.

titter

My GoogleFu is strong. I sense a mild irritation at that, ol' buddy.
chortle

-

[email protected] July 16th 17 08:17 PM

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 9:35:04 AM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Except there was no ignorance from me. You pretended there was so that
you could mount your usual sideways defense of anything Wieber, no
matter how ridiculous. I ask again, how much is your life like
Wieber's that you need to whine every time he gets kicked? In this
case, I'm guessing that you, just like Wieber, had no idea that
screwdrivers are easily magnetized.

Well all the readers of RCM knows that you thought that a]l demagnetiser's could not also magnetise. That is your ignorance. You also rummaged around on the internet and found a dinky thing at Home Depot as if that is comparable to an industrial demagnetiser. I would like to see you using that Home Depot item to demagnitise things ground on a surface grinder.

But if you are so knowledgeable how about letting us knew what metal working you have done lately.

My wife decided that our propane fired grill was no good and so I picked up a Webber grill at a tag sale. So now have to light the charcoal. So made a charcoal chimney out of misc stuff I already had. I made it in two parts. The bottom part is made from some stainless tubing with some stainless welding rod to make a grate in the bottom of the tubing. And used some stainless all thread and some wood to make a handle. I did not have any more stainless for the upper stack, but did have an electric motor frame. So drilled out the spot welds to get just the cylinder and welded three bolts so it would sit down in the bottom bit and rest on the bolts. Works pretty well, but is a bit heavier than necessary. Works good , last a long time.

My life is simple as I am retired and just do things for fun.

Dan

Nashville Cats July 16th 17 09:24 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 11:17:29 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 9:35:04 AM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Except there was no ignorance from me. You pretended there was so that
you could mount your usual sideways defense of anything Wieber, no
matter how ridiculous. I ask again, how much is your life like
Wieber's that you need to whine every time he gets kicked? In this
case, I'm guessing that you, just like Wieber, had no idea that
screwdrivers are easily magnetized.

Well all the readers of RCM knows that you thought that a]l demagnetiser's could not also magnetise.

No, you made that up, because that's what dopes with nothing useful to
say, are wont to do.

That is your ignorance. You also rummaged around on the internet and found a dinky thing at Home Depot as if that is comparable to an industrial demagnetiser.

No. I've had perhaps a dozen different magnetizers over the years. The
Home Depot link showed the most common type one sees these days, which
is so prolific that it isn't worth rummaging around for a speaker
magnet or whatever to do the job. If I had anything that didn't fit in
my magnetizer, I'd use the magnetic parts bin that lives on the side
of my hoist.

I would like to see you using that Home Depot item to demagnitise things ground on a surface grinder.

Wieber only said that he wanted to magnetize "screw drivers and so
forth." The "so forth" means that he can't even think of anything else
he's going to use his new treasure for. He bought it because in lieu
of being self sufficient, and as a diversion from the reality of his
trailer trash life, he likes hoarding tons of crap, especially crap he
can waste time talking about endlessly. Now all his screwdrivers are
magnetized, and will turn into metal shard furballs the first time he
lays them near any grinding job. On second thought, I don't think that
will be a problem for him because if he was doing any real work, he'd
have learned long ago that magnetizing all his screwdrivers is even
dumber than wasting his money on a demagnetizer to do the job.

But if you are so knowledgeable how about letting us knew what metal working you have done lately.

Why would I do that? I've posted a half dozen projects lately in a
place that kicks nitwits like you and Wieber out to places like this
one. Now, I know you'll say I'm making that up. But your problem with
that approach is that a couple months ago I sent a link to one of
those posts to Huntress, which he can use to search all my dozens of
posts on that site if he likes. Maybe he'll back me up. And then
you'll apologize. LOL Just kidding, I know you'll make up something
new.

My wife decided that our propane fired grill was no good and so I picked up a Webber grill at a tag sale.
So now have to light the charcoal. So made a charcoal chimney out of misc stuff I already had.
My life is simple as I am retired and just do things for fun.

Apparently you find it "fun" to repeatedly put words in others'
mouths, and that's all you've done here, as usual.

Neon John July 17th 17 12:57 AM

wrote:

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

That's easy. That's an E-core type demagnetizer. Imagine an E laid
on its back so the legs poke upward. The coil is wound on the center,
larger leg. If at any instant in time the center leg is north
polarity, the three legs will be S-N-S. So you have two magnetic
loops in which to insert something to be demagnetized.

To demagnetize something, energize the unit and move it between the
center pole and either of the outside legs. Move it slowly and in
several directions. Slowly move it an arm's length away before
cutting power.

To magnetize something, place it on the center pole or between poles
and interrupt the current at its peak. This will require some custom
electronics. Three approaches. A peak switching solid state switch
using 60hz line voltage, a capacitor discharge device that switches a
high joule capacitor across the coil or a peak firing SCR (silicon
controlled rectifier).

The most effective would be a capacitor discharge unit. An MSD MS-6AL
racing ignition box and a 12 volt magnet would do the job unmodified.
Easiest and least expensive would be a heavy duty lamp dimmer with the
TRIAC replaced with an SCR so that it only fires on half the 60
cycles.

I can tell you how to do it either way. I'd prefer the MSD racing
box. Here are what the boxes look like in order of preference.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-6201

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-5520

Though not made anymore, the old analog MSD-6A would work perfectly.
You should be able to find one at any auto swap meet or on sleazebay.

John

John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address

Mike Colangelo July 17th 17 02:32 AM

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 3:11:07 PM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Had a laugh about him planning
"to magnitize things, like screw drivers and so forth."

Well the laugh is on you. Some demagnetizers can also magnetise things.

Dan

Actually..this one does a fair job of magnizing, [sic]

Of doing what?

[email protected] July 17th 17 02:45 AM

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 3:24:07 PM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Why would I do that? I've posted a half dozen projects lately in a
place that kicks nitwits like you and Wieber out to places like this
one. Now, I know you'll say I'm making that up. But your problem with
that approach is that a couple months ago I sent a link to one of
those posts to Huntress, which he can use to search all my dozens of
posts on that site if he likes. Maybe he'll back me up. And then
you'll apologize. LOL Just kidding, I know you'll make up something
new.

Every one that reads RCM believes you. Honest they do. No one would dare think that you made up some mythical place where you posted mythical projects.

Dan

Martin Eastburn July 17th 17 03:11 AM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

You have three poles. Two on the ends are weaker.
Center is the other end of both ends.

Harder material is put there - stronger field. All are
alternating field / ac power plug.

put anything on the square and it is cleaned.

Martin

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

---

Try searching on " Ideal 13-001 demgnitizer " I found more than I care to copy and paste.

Dan

I did..for a full 30 minutes before posting the question here. No data
on that unit other than photos.

Was the misspelling intentional..or accidental "demgnitzer" ?

You have to ask? g

https://www.google.com/search?num=50...l+demagnetizer

From the Walker surface demagnetizer page: "Plate Type Demagnetizers

Martin Eastburn July 17th 17 03:17 AM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

Just don't leave anything in the blue magnetizer it will turn into a
magnet. Ok for some things.

The 'ac'/demag part - vary the field is your arm jacking in / out the
screwdriver to make a changing field. Changing the point where the
field line 'focus'.

Martin

DoN. Nichols[_2_] July 17th 17 03:47 AM

wrote:

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:18:53 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked one of these up this week and dont really know the proper way
to use it.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Its an Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer.

Thanks

Gunner

[ ... ]

that was not for this PARTICULAR 3 module magnitizer. I was asking
about the Ideal 13-001 demagnitizer..not "generic plate demagnitizer"

titter

So tell me..what are the (3) modules used for? There is "NO" plate on
this unit. There are (3) metal gizmos protruding from a plastic
cover.

What you have is a coil wound on the "E" laminations of a
transformer core. Shape of a single one is rather like this:

XXXX XXXXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXXXX XXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you look closely at the "modules" you will see that they are
made of multiple pieces of thin metal (a metal which is easy to
magnetize and demagnize.) They are stacked together and usually
combined with "I" laminations (which look like this:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And in normal transformer constructions one 'E' lamination will
put the bar at the bottom and the next will put it at the top, which
the 'I' laminations joining across the the three pole pieces.

For the demagnetizer, you throw out (or never purchase) the 'I'
laminations, and point all of the "E" ones the same way. Wind a coil on
a square bobbin and slide it onto the center pole piece. This produces
a magnetic circuit which puts the North pole on the center and the South
on the two end ones for one half cycle, and then reversed on the next
half cycle.

Once the coil is wound and put over the center pole, the whole
thing is put in a box (poles down), and epoxy is poured in and allowed
to harden. Then maybe go to a belt sander once it is hardened and grind
a little off so the pole pieces are exposed. (Or, maybe put a slab of
plastic over the end so nothing gets hooked on the edges of the pole
pieces.)

(Oh yes -- connect an AC cord to the winding first. :-)

I made such a demagnetizer once.

Depending on how many turns, you may be able to leave it
connected to the AC line full time, or maybe have to limit it to no more
than perhaps five minutes, to keep it from overheating.

And how are they used and for what reason?

Plug it in, and slowly draw the piece of metal over all three
pole pieces until you are fully off them by maybe 6 to 8 inches. Then
turn off the power, or draw a second object over it.

If you want to magnetize instead, add a rectifier in series with
the power line and put the piece there, apply power for a few seconds
and remove the power. This will magnetize it where the pole pieces are
and between them. With the DC -- you may need a lower voltage to keep
the current within reason.

the 2 small end modules are used differently than the larger center
module?

They are used together -- to demagnetize or magnetize.

titter

How are they used?

Described above.

titter

And so forth.

titter

This is a plate demagnitizer

http://www.shars.com/files/products/...2-1170Main.jpg

Same thing, but with a stainless steel cover plate over the pole
pieces.. (likely 300 series non-magnetic stainless.)

This is what I own:

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.co...d4/540x360.jpg

Plate?

As I described above. You can see the ends of the pole pieces
and the epoxy (or perhaps poured tar). And a partial cover over the
edges.

titter

Thank you for your kind commentary however.

titter

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Ed Huntress July 17th 17 04:10 AM

wrote:

[...]

Darn. This is not a good computer day for me. I can see the photos of
your motorcycle rack that you linked to, but I can't figure out how to
see the other photos.

Why don't you just post a photo of the Glasair RG you built, and be
done with it? g

Seriously, let me know, here or in email, how to see the other photos.

Ed Huntress July 17th 17 04:11 AM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 17:45:11 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 3:24:07 PM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Why would I do that? I've posted a half dozen projects lately in a
place that kicks nitwits like you and Wieber out to places like this
one. Now, I know you'll say I'm making that up. But your problem with
that approach is that a couple months ago I sent a link to one of
those posts to Huntress, which he can use to search all my dozens of
posts on that site if he likes. Maybe he'll back me up. And then
you'll apologize. LOL Just kidding, I know you'll make up something
new.

Every one that reads RCM believes you. Honest they do. No one would dare think that you made up some mythical place where you posted mythical projects.

Dan

Oh, they're not mythical.

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 17th 17 04:42 AM

wrote:

[...]

Many thanks John!! Much obliged!!

---

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 17th 17 04:47 AM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

wrote:

[...]

Many thanks!

I found that if I simply stand the tool vertically on the center mass,
and turn the power on for 5-10 seconds, then turn it off..it
magnitizes the tool well enough for my purposes.

Thank you for your clear description and suggestions!

Gunner

---

Nashville Cats July 17th 17 03:21 PM

wrote:

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 3:24:07 PM UTC-4, Nashville Cats wrote:

Why would I do that? I've posted a half dozen projects lately in a
place that kicks nitwits like you and Wieber out to places like this
one. Now, I know you'll say I'm making that up. But your problem with
that approach is that a couple months ago I sent a link to one of
those posts to Huntress, which he can use to search all my dozens of
posts on that site if he likes. Maybe he'll back me up. And then
you'll apologize. LOL Just kidding, I know you'll make up something
new.

Every one that reads RCM believes you.

So you're speaking for "everyone" now, eh?

Honest they do.

LOL You should banish the word honest from your vocabulary.

No one would dare think that you made up some mythical place where you posted mythical projects.

Yawn You responded exactly as I predicted, even with full warning
that you'd probably be proven wrong. What is it with rightards' need
to make things up so they can be on the wrong side of the facts? What
does it get you?

Nashville Cats July 17th 17 03:29 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

wrote:

But if you are so knowledgeable how about letting us knew what metal working you have done lately.

Why would I do that? I've posted a half dozen projects lately in a
place that kicks nitwits like you and Wieber out to places like this
one. Now, I know you'll say I'm making that up. But your problem with
that approach is that a couple months ago I sent a link to one of
those posts to Huntress, which he can use to search all my dozens of
posts on that site if he likes. Maybe he'll back me up.

Darn. This is not a good computer day for me. I can see the photos of
your motorcycle rack that you linked to, but I can't figure out how to
see the other photos.

Looks like you need to be a member to search. I'll send you direct
links.

Why don't you just post a photo of the Glasair RG you built, and be
done with it? g

No need. I'd hate to post anything that rightards might enjoy since
the main reason I come here is to bash them by burning down their
poster boy. Anyway, Dan et al. would just make up something new, same
as I see in the climate change thread. I'll never understand why some
people work so hard to be on the wrong side of facts and history.

[email protected] July 17th 17 04:39 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 10:12:01 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Oh, they're not mythical.

--
Ed Huntress

You I believe. But you can't blame me for being skepical of posts from someone that uses a pseudo name, claims to have posted stuff months ago while google only turns up very recent posts by his current nym. Also who posts a lot on RCM that is not metal related and will not post thing that are on topic.

Dan

Ed Huntress July 17th 17 05:15 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 07:39:18 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 10:12:01 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Oh, they're not mythical.

--
Ed Huntress

You I believe. But you can't blame me for being skepical of posts from someone that uses a pseudo name, claims to have posted stuff months ago while google only turns up very recent posts by his current nym. Also who posts a lot on RCM that is not metal related and will not post thing that are on topic.

Dan

There's a lot of stress around these days, Dan -- fallout from the
tribalization of culture and a spreading infestation of situational
ethics.

It's too bad in many ways. For example, Whoyakidding has some primo
metalworking and building experience. It could be fun. If Gunner
hadn't threatened him with death, that is.

--
Ed Huntress

Nashville Cats July 17th 17 06:02 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 11:15:17 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

google only turns up very recent posts by his current nym

Did you at least listen to the song after looking up its title?

will not post thing that are on topic

Boo hoo.

What are you offering those who please you here? Why would I want to
please someone who will make up fallacious **** whenever it suits him,
and who is fine with death threats so long as they're from a deadbeat
member of his tribe?

Nashville Cats July 17th 17 06:07 PM

wrote:

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 10:12:01 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Oh, they're not mythical.

--
Ed Huntress

You I believe. But you can't blame me for being skepical of posts from someone that uses a pseudo name, claims to have posted stuff months ago while google only turns up very recent posts by his current nym. Also who posts a lot on RCM that is not metal related and will not post thing that are on topic.

Dan

There's a lot of stress around these days, Dan -- fallout from the
tribalization of culture and a spreading infestation of situational
ethics.

It's too bad in many ways. For example, Whoyakidding has some primo
metalworking and building experience. It could be fun. If Gunner
hadn't threatened him with death, that is.

Dan is so busy complaining about serious stuff like nyms that he can't
spare any outrage about minor things like death threats. :)

Rudy Canoza[_6_] July 17th 17 06:15 PM

On 7/17/2017 9:02 AM, Nashville Cats wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 11:15:17 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

Something got messed up in the attributions. The response is to Dan,
not Ed.

google only turns up very recent posts by his current nym

Did you at least listen to the song after looking up its title?

will not post thing that are on topic

Boo hoo.

What are you offering those who please you here? Why would I want to
please someone who will make up fallacious **** whenever it suits him,
and who is fine with death threats so long as they're from a deadbeat
member of his tribe?

That sense of tribalism is incomprehensible and dismaying. It really is
bizarre the way Dan, Wieber, Gardner, Jaques, Terrell and others all
hang tightly together. Wieber is simply beyond the pale in terms of his
death threats and bull****ting, and none of the others will say one word
against him. They are assenting and condoning by their silence.
Essentially, they let Wieber speak for them, then deny it when
challenged. It's cowardice.

Ed Huntress July 17th 17 06:22 PM

wrote:

google only turns up very recent posts by his current nym

Did you at least listen to the song after looking up its title?

will not post thing that are on topic

Boo hoo.

What are you offering those who please you here? Why would I want to
please someone who will make up fallacious **** whenever it suits him,
and who is fine with death threats so long as they're from a deadbeat
member of his tribe?

You've got the wrong attribution here. That was Dan, not me.

--
Ed Huntress

Nashville Cats July 17th 17 06:31 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

wrote:

Something got messed up in the attributions. The response is to Dan,
not Ed.

Oops.

[...]

Yeah, but on the plus side they know where they can get their
screwdrivers somewhat magnetized for only the cost of shipping. :)

Ed Huntress July 17th 17 06:34 PM

wrote:

[...]

I've been reading quite a few columns by pundits addressing this
question, because it looks incompehensible to me, too. I haven't seen
anything that's fully convincing yet. And I lived for eight years in
the Midwest, and spent more than half of my childhood living in rural
areas and small rural towns. I can see the origins of it but not how
it's developed into a subculture.

If I find anything interesting, I'll post a link.

Meantime, an interesting sociology paper was published very recently
that clearly defines some of the US gun culture, which is an important
element of it. BTW, according to the paper, I'm Gun Culture 1.0. When
the discussions of terminal ballistics in human flesh run over five or
ten posts here, I want to puke. g

"The sociology of U.S. gun culture"
by David Yamane

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...oc4.12497/epdf

Yamane also has a blog, titled "Gun Culture 2.0":

https://gunculture2point0.wordpress....ology-of-guns/

--
Ed Huntress

Nashville Cats July 17th 17 06:37 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

wrote:

google only turns up very recent posts by his current nym

Did you at least listen to the song after looking up its title?

will not post thing that are on topic

Boo hoo.

What are you offering those who please you here? Why would I want to
please someone who will make up fallacious **** whenever it suits him,
and who is fine with death threats so long as they're from a deadbeat
member of his tribe?

You've got the wrong attribution here. That was Dan, not me.

Right. Sorry. I don't think anyone sensible will confuse his writing
or thinking with yours though. :) Will I be banned from Usenet for
admitting a mistake? :)

Ed Huntress July 17th 17 06:42 PM

wrote:

google only turns up very recent posts by his current nym

Did you at least listen to the song after looking up its title?

will not post thing that are on topic

Boo hoo.

What are you offering those who please you here? Why would I want to
please someone who will make up fallacious **** whenever it suits him,
and who is fine with death threats so long as they're from a deadbeat
member of his tribe?

You've got the wrong attribution here. That was Dan, not me.

Right. Sorry. I don't think anyone sensible will confuse his writing
or thinking with yours though. :) Will I be banned from Usenet for
admitting a mistake? :)

No, but your punishment is that you have to actually read Red Pecker's
posts for a month...

--
Ed Huntress

tyre biter July 17th 17 07:33 PM

May you have a lot more like it too, ****dress.

Nashville Cats July 17th 17 07:33 PM

How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

wrote:

google only turns up very recent posts by his current nym

Did you at least listen to the song after looking up its title?

will not post thing that are on topic

Boo hoo.

What are you offering those who please you here? Why would I want to
please someone who will make up fallacious **** whenever it suits him,
and who is fine with death threats so long as they're from a deadbeat
member of his tribe?

You've got the wrong attribution here. That was Dan, not me.

Right. Sorry. I don't think anyone sensible will confuse his writing
or thinking with yours though. :) Will I be banned from Usenet for
admitting a mistake? :)

No, but your punishment is that you have to actually read Red Pecker's
posts for a month...

Surely that's against the Geneva Convention or something! I decline.
Instead, next time I come up behind a VW bus, I'll stay there until my
turnoff.