Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Walk-in tub

I remember when I first saw walk-in tubs I laughed thinking they were
for really old people. Well, guess what...they look pretty good now!
Does anybody have any experience with them? I see they go for $1500 - $20k.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 31 May 2017 15:10:07 -0400
Tom Gardner wrote:

I remember when I first saw walk-in tubs I laughed thinking they were
for really old people. Well, guess what...they look pretty good now!
Does anybody have any experience with them? I see they go for $1500 - $20k.

I'll stay with my old hard-water-stained model that isn't very slippery
anymore. Cost $0

Those nice clean and shiny tubs remind me of this old Thurber tale ;-)

http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~lyman/e..._Chipmunks.htm

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner on Wed, 31 May 2017 15:10:07 -0400 typed
I remember when I first saw walk-in tubs I laughed thinking they were
for really old people. Well, guess what...they look pretty good now!
Does anybody have any experience with them? I see they go for $1500 - $20k.

Main issue - you have to get in, then fill, then drain, then exit.
That's a long time to sit, waiting.

One problem is that no matter who big the drain on the tub is , it
often connects to a smaller drain pipe. SO after that first rush
fills the pipe - then you have to wait for the drain to clear. YMMV.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I remember when I first saw walk-in tubs I laughed thinking they were
for really old people. Well, guess what...they look pretty good now!
Does anybody have any experience with them? I see they go for $1500 - $20k.

One of my clients bought one. It took her from 10am to noon just to
get out of bed, her back was so bad. She bought the $17,000 model
with jacuzzi, music, lights, and shower combo. It helped her cope
with massive pain, in addition to her pharmacy of strong painkillers.
She felt it was worth it.

I'd bet that most people could get by just fine with a couple of grab
rails over their tub. I installed many dozens during the decade I
worked as a handyman.

Um, you're ****in' and moanin' about 5% of pocket change and are
willing to spring $20k for a tub? OooooK. Fascinating budget plan
you have there, Tawm. bseg

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 31 May 2017 20:19:53 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Um, you're ****in' and moanin' about 5% of pocket change and are
willing to spring $20k for a tub? OooooK. Fascinating budget plan
you have there, Tawm. bseg

What's really amazing is reading that there's an RCM "conservative"
who can afford a deluxe tub. That's about as rare as an albino dodo
bird. Unless Tom is talking about buying the tub the same way Wieber
talked about buying $600 jeans...

More affordable than a walk-in tub... install a receiver hitch on the
front of your car. Strap a self-lifting recliner chair onto one of
these. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/hitch-mount-wheelchair-carrier Lay
back into the chair and get scrubbed and waxed at the same time your
car gets washed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 31 May 2017 20:14:51 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Tom Gardner on Wed, 31 May 2017 15:10:07 -0400 typed
I remember when I first saw walk-in tubs I laughed thinking they were
for really old people. Well, guess what...they look pretty good now!
Does anybody have any experience with them? I see they go for $1500 - $20k.

Main issue - you have to get in, then fill, then drain, then exit.
That's a long time to sit, waiting.

The American Standard that they've been promoting on TV advertises a 2
minute drain from full. I think the use a water jet pump to force the
drain speed. They claim that it's patented.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Neon John on Thu, 01 Jun 2017 10:36:49 -0400 typed in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
wrote:

Tom Gardner on Wed, 31 May 2017 15:10:07 -0400 typed
I remember when I first saw walk-in tubs I laughed thinking they were
for really old people. Well, guess what...they look pretty good now!
Does anybody have any experience with them? I see they go for $1500 - $20k.

Main issue - you have to get in, then fill, then drain, then exit.
That's a long time to sit, waiting.

The American Standard that they've been promoting on TV advertises a 2
minute drain from full. I think the use a water jet pump to force the
drain speed. They claim that it's patented.

Two minutes sounds fast - when you're kissing your wife. Sitting
in a tub while it drains, knowing you're going to need to shower off
the soap when done ... too long.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
Tom Gardner on Wed, 31 May 2017 15:10:07 -0400
typed
I remember when I first saw walk-in tubs I laughed thinking they
were
for really old people. Well, guess what...they look pretty good
now!
Does anybody have any experience with them? I see they go for
$1500 - $20k.

Main issue - you have to get in, then fill, then drain, then exit.
That's a long time to sit, waiting.

One problem is that no matter who big the drain on the tub is , it
often connects to a smaller drain pipe. SO after that first rush
fills the pipe - then you have to wait for the drain to clear.
YMMV.
--
pyotr filipivich

My simple answer is a Rubbermaid step stool as a shower seat and an
extended sink spray replacing the shower head.
https://www.farmandfleet.com/product...ePswod oJEAKQ
The stool is low enough to reach the spray head resting on the tub
floor or my crossed feet. Unlike a bulky multinozzle shower spray the
sink spray shuts off when released, saving hot water that would be
wasted down the drain.

The sink spray hose extension is a replacement hose for the fancy
units. The ones I bought have the straight version of pipe threads and
seal well enough with TFE tape in a brass pipe coupler, which I padded
with rubber hose to protect the walls. Even if they drip it's into
the tub.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message news
[...]

I haven't needed the shower seat yet, but I've narrowed my choices down to a
couple that look like they will fit my tub and hold my weight for when the
time comes. I installed a shower wand several years ago, and really loved
it compared to the stationary shower head. However, the wand was low flow
like most shower heads these days, so when it broke 3-4 years ago I got a
"Camco 43712 RV Shower Head with On/Off Switch (Off-White)" from amazon for
about $12 ($15 now) and I love it. It has two positions, regular shower and
a pulse massage setting but I almost never use the pulse. However, it flows
much more water than the low flow wand did, basically as much as the old
high flow shower head I started with, which is great, and it has a slide
valve so I can shut off the flow when I don't need it without disturbing the
temperature setting. I figure I save about enough by turning the flow off
to balance out the higher flow when on, and I'm much happier :-). It fits
on the end of the old wand hose, and fits into the hose adaptor socket
assembly that replaces a regular shower head so installation was trivial and
it still works as a fixed shower head if you want that (you can buy all
those pieces separately if you aren't starting with a dead wand like I was).
I never thought about adapting a sink spray head to get the shutoff valve,
that's a great idea. However, the RV wand delivers at least twice as much
water as the sink spray in my kitchen sink, so I don't think I would be
happy with the lower flow.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Carl Ijames" wrote in message
news
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message news ...
I never thought about adapting a sink spray head to get the shutoff
valve, that's a great idea. However, the RV wand delivers at least
twice as much water as the sink spray in my kitchen sink, so I don't
think I would be happy with the lower flow.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Showering is personal preference, but you might find that the diverter
valve is limiting the flow in the kitchen. My shower sprays 1.5
gallons per minute at 40PSI.

I originally installed the spray hose on a Y fitting to wash the dog,
who would stand still for a tub bath as long as she could keep her
face outside the curtain. She was an intelligent and mostly
cooperative Golden Retriever who was easy to teach to shake the water
off only on command, in the tub and then outdoors. It was funny to
watch peoples' reactions when they asked her to "shake", expecting a
raised paw.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 09:34:41 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

The American Standard that they've been promoting on TV advertises a 2
minute drain from full. I think the use a water jet pump to force the
drain speed. They claim that it's patented.

Two minutes sounds fast - when you're kissing your wife. Sitting
in a tub while it drains, knowing you're going to need to shower off
the soap when done ... too long.

You know what the solution is, Pyotr? YOU should not buy one. But
for those of us with back, hip and/or knee problems that makes getting
into a regular tub painful or dangerous, this thing is just what the
doctor ordered. See, now wasn't that easy?
--
pyotr filipivich

You ought to consider your sig line before posting.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 14:30:03 -0400, "Carl Ijames"
wrote:

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message news
.. .

================================================= =========

[...]

I have a shower wand, too. The low flow fix is easy. You can either
remove the little PVC washer with the small hole in it, or drill it
out larger. I did the former for my shower and the latter for my
aerators in the sinks. I don't waste water (shutoff valve on wand and
I know how to regulate the flow in the kitchen to quickly fill the
sink or gently wash my hands) and am on a well, so it would have been
free anyway. There really isn't a shutoff valve on the wand, but in
between settings (rain or hard spray) the head shuts off the water, so
it works as a valve, saving water while I soap up and shampoo. My Air
Force dad taught me about GI showers early on, and it stuck with me.

You'd be surprised how many people aren't aware how simple it is to
increase the flow of water, Carl.

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!
--anon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 18:21:52 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

[...]

Har! Especially when she was wet, huh? And as they're blinking the
water out of their eyes, she's all friendly and wants to shake hands
now, too, huh? g

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!
--anon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I have been using the "water-pik" hand held shower massage for over
forty years.
Several years ago I had a lower leg/foot cast; the day it came off, I
made a seat - 2x4 s notched to rest on the top surface of the tub,
corners chamfered to clear the shower slidding doors and 1x2s to form
a seat, all made of white cedar and held together with brass screws.
After I no longer needed it a relative with knee replacements admired
it so I sent it home with him; then discovered I had nothing to stand
on when working above the tub so duplicated my seat in 2x4 s and 1/2"
plywood. After a recent hospitalization I am determined to go back to
my cedar one.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Neon John on Thu, 01 Jun 2017 19:01:11 -0400 typed in
wrote:

The American Standard that they've been promoting on TV advertises a 2
minute drain from full. I think the use a water jet pump to force the
drain speed. They claim that it's patented.

Two minutes sounds fast - when you're kissing your wife. Sitting
in a tub while it drains, knowing you're going to need to shower off
the soap when done ... too long.

You know what the solution is, Pyotr? YOU should not buy one. But
for those of us with back, hip and/or knee problems that makes getting
into a regular tub painful or dangerous, this thing is just what the
doctor ordered. See, now wasn't that easy?

Yep.

Some people love them, some people like Marmite on their
sandwiches.

People ask for opinions - that's mine. I have others if you'd
like to heart them. Also mine - for the most part.
--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 23:25:17 -0400, Gerry
wrote:

I have been using the "water-pik" hand held shower massage for over
forty years.
Several years ago I had a lower leg/foot cast; the day it came off, I
made a seat - 2x4 s notched to rest on the top surface of the tub,
corners chamfered to clear the shower slidding doors and 1x2s to form
a seat, all made of white cedar and held together with brass screws.
After I no longer needed it a relative with knee replacements admired
it so I sent it home with him; then discovered I had nothing to stand
on when working above the tub so duplicated my seat in 2x4 s and 1/2"
plywood. After a recent hospitalization I am determined to go back to
my cedar one.

Ayup. Cedar is good stuff, it's light, it has a long life around
water, and smells good wet or dry. It's hard to beat.

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!
--anon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/31/2017 11:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
worked as a handyman.

Um, you're ****in' and moanin' about 5% of pocket change and are
willing to spring $20k for a tub? OooooK. Fascinating budget plan
you have there, Tawm. bseg

At least I have my priorities straight!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Um, you're ****in' and moanin' about 5% of pocket change and are
willing to spring $20k for a tub? OooooK. Fascinating budget plan
you have there, Tawm. bseg

What's really amazing is reading that there's an RCM "conservative"
who can afford a deluxe tub. That's about as rare as an albino dodo
bird. Unless Tom is talking about buying the tub the same way Wieber
talked about buying $600 jeans...

More affordable than a walk-in tub... install a receiver hitch on the
front of your car. Strap a self-lifting recliner chair onto one of
these. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/hitch-mount-wheelchair-carrier Lay
back into the chair and get scrubbed and waxed at the same time your
car gets washed.

Can't get a front hitch so I'd have to back in...the way you do at the
bath house.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Um, you're ****in' and moanin' about 5% of pocket change and are
willing to spring $20k for a tub? OooooK. Fascinating budget plan
you have there, Tawm. bseg

What's really amazing is reading that there's an RCM "conservative"
who can afford a deluxe tub. That's about as rare as an albino dodo
bird. Unless Tom is talking about buying the tub the same way Wieber
talked about buying $600 jeans...

More affordable than a walk-in tub... install a receiver hitch on the
front of your car. Strap a self-lifting recliner chair onto one of
these. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/hitch-mount-wheelchair-carrier Lay
back into the chair and get scrubbed and waxed at the same time your
car gets washed.

Can't get a front hitch so I'd have to back in...the way you do at the
bath house.

At an early age I learned to back away from excess food, so now in
retirement my joints are thanking me. Bonus, I can still do the high
kick it takes to get on my bike with a top case. I'll be thinking of
you next time I see the giant price tag on a walk-in tub, and whenever
some lardo is using his old-lady-grabber to pluck merchandise into the
basket of his mobility scooter.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 17:21:44 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 5/31/2017 11:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
worked as a handyman.

Um, you're ****in' and moanin' about 5% of pocket change and are
willing to spring $20k for a tub? OooooK. Fascinating budget plan
you have there, Tawm. bseg

At least I have my priorities straight!

g I got those coin wrappers, so shoot me your address and I'll mail
'em out to you. 50 or 100 of each, penny, nickel, dime, quattah?

--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Um, you're ****in' and moanin' about 5% of pocket change and are
willing to spring $20k for a tub? OooooK. Fascinating budget plan
you have there, Tawm. bseg

What's really amazing is reading that there's an RCM "conservative"
who can afford a deluxe tub. That's about as rare as an albino dodo
bird. Unless Tom is talking about buying the tub the same way Wieber
talked about buying $600 jeans...

More affordable than a walk-in tub... install a receiver hitch on the
front of your car. Strap a self-lifting recliner chair onto one of
these. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/hitch-mount-wheelchair-carrier Lay
back into the chair and get scrubbed and waxed at the same time your
car gets washed.

Can't get a front hitch so I'd have to back in...the way you do at the
bath house.

You bend over and back into the bath house? Whatever floats yer boat.

I bought one of the little hitch receivers but haven't yet modified my
Tundra skid plate to fit it in. One of these days, though... I'm up
to 60sf of open space in the shop now. (No, total, in 3 places.)

--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,
Or who said it,
Even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense.
-- Buddha
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Um, you're ****in' and moanin' about 5% of pocket change and are
willing to spring $20k for a tub? OooooK. Fascinating budget plan
you have there, Tawm. bseg

What's really amazing is reading that there's an RCM "conservative"
who can afford a deluxe tub. That's about as rare as an albino dodo
bird. Unless Tom is talking about buying the tub the same way Wieber
talked about buying $600 jeans...

$600 jeans????

Oh...you mean how Rudy talks about sucking little boys penis.

RIght?

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Um, you're ****in' and moanin' about 5% of pocket change and are
willing to spring $20k for a tub? OooooK. Fascinating budget plan
you have there, Tawm. bseg

What's really amazing is reading that there's an RCM "conservative"
who can afford a deluxe tub. That's about as rare as an albino dodo
bird. Unless Tom is talking about buying the tub the same way Wieber
talked about buying $600 jeans...

$600 jeans????

What, you forgot another one of your lies? Too bad for you, the
archives remembered.

____________________________
So, how many pairs can we put you down for...at "only" $600/pr?

Idiot Wieber: "Perhaps I might consider a pair"
________________________________
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec....Q/VMnWtlOoDwAJ
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Um, you're ****in' and moanin' about 5% of pocket change and are
willing to spring $20k for a tub? OooooK. Fascinating budget plan
you have there, Tawm. bseg

What's really amazing is reading that there's an RCM "conservative"
who can afford a deluxe tub. That's about as rare as an albino dodo
bird. Unless Tom is talking about buying the tub the same way Wieber
talked about buying $600 jeans...

$600 jeans????

chuckle Yeah, you did. Don't worry, he'll find it and remind you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/3/2017 8:51 PM, Neighborhood number 3 wrote:

At an early age I learned to back away from excess food, so now in
retirement my joints are thanking me. Bonus, I can still do the high
kick it takes to get on my bike with a top case. I'll be thinking of
you next time I see the giant price tag on a walk-in tub, and whenever
some lardo is using his old-lady-grabber to pluck merchandise into the
basket of his mobility scooter.

Joints and weight aren't a problem, especially after reaching normal
weight about 10 years ago. My problem it that I have slipped in the tub
three times now and I found that there in nothing soft to land on in a
bathroom. Besides those walk-in look really comfortable. You can
continue to use the garden hose like you mom did for you.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/3/2017 8:51 PM, Neighborhood number 3 wrote:

At an early age I learned to back away from excess food, so now in
retirement my joints are thanking me.

I always thought that drinking a lot of water helped, too. But even so, its not so easy if you worked down the street from a smokehouse all those years and you smell all that nice brisket and roasted chicken all the time...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 02:46:15 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 6/3/2017 8:51 PM, Neighborhood number 3 wrote:

At an early age I learned to back away from excess food, so now in
retirement my joints are thanking me. Bonus, I can still do the high
kick it takes to get on my bike with a top case. I'll be thinking of
you next time I see the giant price tag on a walk-in tub, and whenever
some lardo is using his old-lady-grabber to pluck merchandise into the
basket of his mobility scooter.

Joints and weight aren't a problem, especially after reaching normal
weight about 10 years ago. My problem it that I have slipped in the tub
three times now and I found that there in nothing soft to land on in a
bathroom.

If it's not joints or weight, then what the hell is it? It isn't
normal to be slipping in the tub so often. Duh.

Besides those walk-in look really comfortable.

Same as any Japanese style tub, which doesn't have all the
complication of a walk-in.

You can
continue to use the garden hose like you mom did for you.

I've always had nice big tubs. No mystery slipping.

You may as well get ahead of the problem and buy one of these.
http://tinyurl.com/y9jxr68q
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/6/2017 10:42 AM, Neighborhood number 3 wrote:

If it's not joints or weight, then what the hell is it? It isn't
normal to be slipping in the tub so often. Duh.

Besides those walk-in look really comfortable.

Same as any Japanese style tub, which doesn't have all the
complication of a walk-in.

You can
continue to use the garden hose like you mom did for you.

I've always had nice big tubs. No mystery slipping.

You may as well get ahead of the problem and buy one of these.
http://tinyurl.com/y9jxr68q

When we bought the condo, the tub was never used by the previous owners,
it's slippery even after i used "tub safe" a commercial product for anti
slip. But the skin on my feet is like parchment paper. Besides, what
else can I spend my money on? I finally have all the guns and art I
want. I had a Hoyer lift for my mother that I cared for for 13 years,
they are great for the disabled! I wonder if you could get a mental Hoyer?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 22:30:15 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 6/6/2017 10:42 AM, Neighborhood number 3 wrote:

If it's not joints or weight, then what the hell is it? It isn't
normal to be slipping in the tub so often. Duh.

Besides those walk-in look really comfortable.

Same as any Japanese style tub, which doesn't have all the
complication of a walk-in.

You can
continue to use the garden hose like you mom did for you.

I've always had nice big tubs. No mystery slipping.

You may as well get ahead of the problem and buy one of these.
http://tinyurl.com/y9jxr68q

When we bought the condo, the tub was never used by the previous owners,
it's slippery even after i used "tub safe" a commercial product for anti
slip.

Oh c'mon. You can't defeat a slippery tub? Anyway, mine has minimal
anti-slip, and I've never fallen. You're leaving something out of this
story.

But the skin on my feet is like parchment paper.

Then wear some thin booties.

Besides, what
else can I spend my money on?

Something more interesting to fall off of, and a gopro so you can put
the video on Youtube.

I finally have all the guns and art I
want.

Are you sure? I thought folks like you could never have enough dogs
playing poker stuff.

I had a Hoyer lift for my mother that I cared for for 13 years,
they are great for the disabled!

I wonder if you could get a mental Hoyer?

Holy ****, Tom Gardner wrote a non-homo insult! Tell the truth, did
somebody else write that for you, or is it something you plagiarized
from your newest Alex Jones DVD?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

I use a "rubber"tub mat with suction cups on the bottom, have for
years.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 21:23:51 -0400, Gerry
wrote:

[...]

The last time I stepped on one of those, I almost broke a toe and
almost died. Y'see, it slid and my other foot tried to come up to
balance me, when it hit the side of the tub. If it hadn't come up, I
would have fallen in the tub and could have died. I hate those bloody
things. They're downright dangerous!

Here's a picture everyone needs to see. (about orcs, not attack mats)
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...69&oe=59DE7A9B

--
Average # of people killed in mass shooting when stopped by police: 18.25
Average # of people killed when stopped by civilians: 2

Save lives: Keep Civilians Armed!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/7/2017 9:23 PM, Gerry wrote:

When we bought the condo, the tub was never used by the previous owners,
it's slippery even after i used "tub safe" a commercial product for anti
slip. But the skin on my feet is like parchment paper. Besides, what
else can I spend my money on? I finally have all the guns and art I
want. I had a Hoyer lift for my mother that I cared for for 13 years,
they are great for the disabled! I wonder if you could get a mental Hoyer?

I use a "rubber"tub mat with suction cups on the bottom, have for
years.

---

I had one and like Larry's mine slipped around. I tried few things to
make it secure but nothing worked, I could have tried a different one
but the well was poisoned.

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/7/2017 10:22 AM, Neighborhood number 3 wrote:
Then wear some thin booties.

I tried my golf shoes

Besides, what
else can I spend my money on?

Something more interesting to fall off of, and a gopro so you can put
the video on Youtube.

So, you like to watch people get hurt, why am I not surprised?

I finally have all the guns and art I
want.

Are you sure? I thought folks like you could never have enough dogs
playing poker stuff.

Or enough first editions!

I had a Hoyer lift for my mother that I cared for for 13 years,
they are great for the disabled!

I wonder if you could get a mental Hoyer?

Holy ****, Tom Gardner wrote a non-homo insult! Tell the truth, did
somebody else write that for you, or is it something you plagiarized
from your newest Alex Jones DVD?

I have yet to hurl any real insults, not worth my time.

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/8/2017 12:16 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

The last time I stepped on one of those, I almost broke a toe and
almost died. Y'see, it slid and my other foot tried to come up to
balance me, when it hit the side of the tub. If it hadn't come up, I
would have fallen in the tub and could have died. I hate those bloody
things. They're downright dangerous!

My experience also. I tried my aqua socks with success but then I have
to wash my feet another way. (dip into toilet and flush? I'm just
starting to look at tubs and may or may not get one. A new furnace and
air conditioner and a gas range come first. They are just starting to
run gas lines into our all electric community. I wonder what all that
will cost?

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
news
On 6/7/2017 9:23 PM, Gerry wrote:

When we bought the condo, the tub was never used by the previous
owners,
it's slippery even after i used "tub safe" a commercial product
for anti
slip. But the skin on my feet is like parchment paper. Besides,
what
else can I spend my money on? I finally have all the guns and art
want. I had a Hoyer lift for my mother that I cared for for 13
years,
they are great for the disabled! I wonder if you could get a
mental Hoyer?

I use a "rubber"tub mat with suction cups on the bottom, have for
years.

---

I had one and like Larry's mine slipped around. I tried few things
to make it secure but nothing worked, I could have tried a different
one but the well was poisoned.

Sitting on a stepstool avoids the problem as long as I remember to
rinse the soap off the floor before standing up.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 01:16:48 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 6/7/2017 10:22 AM, Neighborhood number 3 wrote:
Then wear some thin booties.

I tried my golf shoes

Might have worked if you'd drilled a grid of mating holes in the tub
floor.

Besides, what
else can I spend my money on?

Something more interesting to fall off of, and a gopro so you can put
the video on Youtube.

So, you like to watch people get hurt, why am I not surprised?

Not people, just helpless phony conservative rightards who are
addicted to non sequiturs. Anyway, engaging in something more physical
than golf could be the key to fewer tub pratfalls.

I finally have all the guns and art I
want.

Are you sure? I thought folks like you could never have enough dogs
playing poker stuff.

Or enough first editions!

I'm thinking there might be a lot more velvet Elvis.

I had a Hoyer lift for my mother that I cared for for 13 years,
they are great for the disabled!
I wonder if you could get a mental Hoyer?

Holy ****, Tom Gardner wrote a non-homo insult! Tell the truth, did
somebody else write that for you, or is it something you plagiarized
from your newest Alex Jones DVD?

I have yet to hurl any real insults,

LOL Exactly right.

not worth my time.

Yeah, it's better spent writing about rolling coins and tub drain
times.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 01:09:08 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 6/7/2017 9:23 PM, Gerry wrote:

I use a "rubber"tub mat with suction cups on the bottom, have for
years.

---

I had one and like Larry's mine slipped around. I tried few things to
make it secure but nothing worked, I could have tried a different one
but the well was poisoned.

You guys need to get serious and stop applying feeble consumer
solutions to what is apparently an industrial problem. Something like
this maybe.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-4-in-x...36NA/100211722

Although, my sense is that the real issue is old fart lack of
coordination. So you might want to use one of these modified for bath
use.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-Ro...1201/203907961
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 03:49:20 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 6/8/2017 12:16 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

The last time I stepped on one of those, I almost broke a toe and
almost died. Y'see, it slid and my other foot tried to come up to
balance me, when it hit the side of the tub. If it hadn't come up, I
would have fallen in the tub and could have died. I hate those bloody
things. They're downright dangerous!

My experience also. I tried my aqua socks with success but then I have
to wash my feet another way. (dip into toilet and flush? I'm just
starting to look at tubs and may or may not get one. A new furnace and
air conditioner and a gas range come first.

Do it right. Build it new from scratch, and net-zero. How is that
someone you guys call useless can do it and you bozos can't? Less time
on Usenet yapping about nothing and more building already!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/8/2017 10:14 AM, A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall wrote:

Yeah, it's better spent writing about rolling coins and tub drain
times.

---
http://www.avg.com

I see you follow and read intently every word I write every day! It's
lovely that I live in your head rent free.

Do I need to vent a walk in shower that is replacing a tub/shower combo? [email protected] Home Repair 6 April 7th 18 10:44 PM
Walk-in-tub Chuck[_15_] Home Repair 38 January 30th 14 11:49 PM
walk-in TUB [email protected] Home Repair 9 April 1st 11 06:18 AM
Water leaks from underneath bath tub when tub spout is connected CJ Home Repair 6 August 13th 06 01:04 AM
how to remove old tub drain/strainer from tub waste shoe TimR Home Repair 4 March 24th 06 12:44 AM