Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Neighborhood number 3 Neighborhood number 3 is offline

Default Walk-in tub

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 02:46:15 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 6/3/2017 8:51 PM, Neighborhood number 3 wrote:

At an early age I learned to back away from excess food, so now in
retirement my joints are thanking me. Bonus, I can still do the high
kick it takes to get on my bike with a top case. I'll be thinking of
you next time I see the giant price tag on a walk-in tub, and whenever
some lardo is using his old-lady-grabber to pluck merchandise into the
basket of his mobility scooter.

Joints and weight aren't a problem, especially after reaching normal
weight about 10 years ago. My problem it that I have slipped in the tub
three times now and I found that there in nothing soft to land on in a
bathroom.

If it's not joints or weight, then what the hell is it? It isn't
normal to be slipping in the tub so often. Duh.

Besides those walk-in look really comfortable.

Same as any Japanese style tub, which doesn't have all the
complication of a walk-in.

You can
continue to use the garden hose like you mom did for you.

I've always had nice big tubs. No mystery slipping.

You may as well get ahead of the problem and buy one of these.
http://tinyurl.com/y9jxr68q