Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Walk-in tub

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 23:25:17 -0400, Gerry
wrote:

I have been using the "water-pik" hand held shower massage for over
forty years.
Several years ago I had a lower leg/foot cast; the day it came off, I
made a seat - 2x4 s notched to rest on the top surface of the tub,
corners chamfered to clear the shower slidding doors and 1x2s to form
a seat, all made of white cedar and held together with brass screws.
After I no longer needed it a relative with knee replacements admired
it so I sent it home with him; then discovered I had nothing to stand
on when working above the tub so duplicated my seat in 2x4 s and 1/2"
plywood. After a recent hospitalization I am determined to go back to
my cedar one.

Ayup. Cedar is good stuff, it's light, it has a long life around
water, and smells good wet or dry. It's hard to beat.

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!