Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default The Two Brain Dead Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 04:27:56 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic blather

--
Typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish ****** and the senile
Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse **** doesn't stink."

Senile Rodent: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky ****, but then why does vegetarian human **** stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rodent: "Nope, some cow **** stinks too."

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 04:29:45 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:36:59 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Number one from assholes on usenet is..
"Ask them, they're here"
Number two...
Anything from Peeler. Anything.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 15:48:27 -0500, Kelly Phillips posted for all of us to
digest...

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 15:49:41 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

I don't tap or click my computer I operate it with the keyboard. I get
annoyed by sites that say for more info tap here, then hide it way down the
tab order in a page so you loose the will to live trying to focus it to
operate it.

loose versus lose

+1

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 12 Jun 2021 11:21:58 +0100, "NY"
wrote:

"Buck Fiden" wrote in message
On 6/12/21 2:06 AM, micky wrote:
Just this past week I heard someone say on the news, "This was obviously
the hardest decision of my life". We don't know what other decisions
he's had to make, or how hard that one was. There are other examples
that are even worse.

"This was obviously the hardest decision of my life" may be hyperbole, but
it could be taken at face value: the speaker knows what decisions he's had
to make up to now in his life, and judges the one he's talking about to be
the hardest of those (without enumerating all the decisions).

For sure. He can decide it was the hardest, and I'm not challenging
that. But no way is that obvious to the people he's talking to.

He didn't mean that it was obvious to himself.

Obviously
no-one can compare it with decisions in the future which they have not yet
faced, but I'd take "of my life" to mean "of my life *so far*".

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What words or phrases annoy you?

"Marilyn Manson" wrote in message
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 1:52:22 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges
be
classified as such...

I sort of knew that, but I wonder what they do now.

Intellectually disabled mostly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

I've not heard that term. The usual euphemism is "learning
difficulties"

That's more for kids rather than adults.
which tends to refer to people who are unkindly and humorously referred
as "the hard of thinking"

That's more of an insult.

I know a number of people who work in that segment of the health care
field.

The correct term is "adults with disabilities".

There is no such animal as the correct term and disabled is just as valid.

Many of the people they work with have physical disabilities,
intellectual disabilities, and many times, both.

Yes, some of the more common causes do affect both.

God bless their souls - the health care workers, I mean. I watch what
they do day after day and witness the caring hearts and especially the
patience these people have. I am humbled when I watch them in action.

Just yesterday I attended a wedding of two such people and sat at the
table with
a bunch of their coworkers. Many of them have worked in group homes and
day-habs
for decades. Besides the daily care that they provide, they are also
trained in take-down
techniques, restraint holds, etc. Depending on the environment, some
workers always
wear clothes that they can easily slip out of, like loose fitting pullover
shirts. I'm not
talking about criminally violent individuals, I'm talking about normally
very gentle
individuals that occasionally exhibit behaviors that can be harmful to
themselves or
others. One minute an aide could be helping a client clean themselves
after using the
bathroom and the next minute they could be involved - with the same
client - in a 2
person takedown maneuver.

I thank them for their service just like I thank those that serve(d) in
the military.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 19:58:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 6/11/2021 6:24 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 6/11/21 4:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Those terms are useful. What other term would you use that is better ?

I also get annoyed with a gradual change to the names of organisations
for blind people calling themselves. Vision Australia, or London
Vision, or Vision foundation etc,* Vision loss is fine, but these
organisations sound like some kind of hippy think tank, not a charity
to help blind people, what is wrong with blind, or vision loss or
partially sighted??

Too long.

You get the same problem with disabled, the worst of the fools don?t
like
to admit that they are disabled and use other silly terms.

It's not the disabled who wantb other terms. It's those who "feel"
for them.

Yes, the world is a better place since we no longer have retarded or
crippled people.

Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges to be
classified as such...

And I worked with all of them over the years.

I had a collection too. I have found that when one leaves it is quickly
replaced by another of lesser ability. I compare it to a staircase - it only
goes down.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 05:35:10 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 2:29:54 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 20:01:07 +0100, FromTheRafters
wrote:

Rod Speed explained on 6/10/2021 :
gareth evans wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be
down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say
hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

Visitation instead of visit.

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.

Cayn't get theyah from heeyah.

Do some actually believe that can be true?

Some have been known to say that, not clear why.

Because, based on the context/present situation it's somewhat true.

It basically means that the route that you are on is not going to get you
to your destination. Sure, technically, there is *always* a way to get from
one point to another, but it may not be as convenient as one might hope.

I recently took a drive to visit some friends who were camping at a site
that was (in the past) accessible by 2 routes:

1 - Put your boat in at a boat ramp and head across the pond directly to
the front of the camp site.

2 - Drive around to the other side of the pond, take a dirt road for a ways
and then hike about 15 minutes, arriving at the camp site from the back.

We don't have a boat and didn't feel like renting one for the day, so we
tried the drive/hike route, which we have done a few times in years past.

This time, when we got to the trailhead at the end of the dirt road we saw
something new:

A chain across the opening and a sign that read:

"Private Property. No Trespassing."

I turned to the folks I was with and calmly said "Looks like we can't get
there from here."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges
be
classified as such...

I sort of knew that, but I wonder what they do now.

Intellectually disabled mostly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

I've not heard that term. The usual euphemism is "learning
difficulties"
That's more for kids rather than adults.
which tends to refer to people who are unkindly and humorously referred
as "the hard of thinking"
That's more of an insult.

I know a number of people who work in that segment of the health care
field.

The correct term is "adults with disabilities".

There is no such animal as the correct term and disabled is just as valid.

What does ADA stand for?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 12:07:57 -0700 (PDT), Dumbass, another brain dead
troll-feeding senile asshole.

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:36:59 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Number one from assholes on usenet is..
"Ask them, they're here"
Number two...
Anything from Peeler. Anything.

Number one: anything from troll-feeding senile assholes like you, Dumbass! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

But the reality is that there is always a way to get there, even to the moon
or mars.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
[...]

https://www.google.com/search?q=ADA

Posted to alt.home.repair

"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
[...]

Wow! He knows how to copy/paste!

The letters stand for "Americans *with Disabilities* Act".

The age 18+ subset of Americans protected by that act are therefore
American Adults with Disabilities.

Let's take that worldwide:

What does CRPD stand for?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

Rod Speed explained on 6/10/2021 :
gareth evans wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be
down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say
hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

Visitation instead of visit.

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.

Cayn't get theyah from heeyah.

Do some actually believe that can be true?

For practical purposes...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/12/2021 01:58 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
It basically means that the route that you are on is not going to get you
to your destination. Sure, technically, there is *always* a way to get from
one point to another, but it may not be as convenient as one might hope.

Getting from the North Rim to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon comes to
mind. It's only about 20 miles...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
[...]

Doesnt make that term the only correct term.

The age 18+ subset of Americans protected by that
act are therefore American Adults with Disabilities.

Let's take that worldwide:

What does CRPD stand for?

https://www.google.com/search?q=CRPD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges
be
classified as such...

I sort of knew that, but I wonder what they do now.

Intellectually disabled mostly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

I've not heard that term. The usual euphemism is "learning
difficulties"
That's more for kids rather than adults.
which tends to refer to people who are unkindly and humorously referred
as "the hard of thinking"
That's more of an insult.

I know a number of people who work in that segment of the health care
field.

The correct term is "adults with disabilities".

There is no such animal as the correct term and disabled is just as valid.

What does ADA stand for?

Americans with Disabilities Act. I have a quadriplegic friend who
thinks parts of that are well intentioned disasters.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 06/12/2021 01:36 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

Inverted Peter Principle?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 06:20:55 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

What idiotic, off topic **** are you quarrelling now about, senile ****head?

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's Eternal Senile Whore!

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:54:54 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Do some actually believe that can be true?

For practical purposes...

What? Only three words from you, gossip girl? Are you sick or what? BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:58:30 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Getting from the North Rim to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon comes to
mind. It's only about 20 miles...

I'm sure you senile blabbermouth can talk 20 miles a minute... BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:02:17 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
[...]

Being disabled I agree with that. I once contacted the ACLU to see what they
would do, if anything, about a problem. If anything applied, replied we don't
get involved... WTF I thought that is what they were there for? Another bunch
of maroons.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:03:17 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

Good analogy. On second thought some do rise to mismanagement. Dilbert bears a
mention with the pointy haired boss.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
[...]

Ahh...more of that copy/paste prowess. Your mom would be proud.

Note how they use the word "with".

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Improvised Bull**** by the Senile "Expert" in Everything!

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 07:00:29 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:02:17 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Americans with Disabilities Act. I have a quadriplegic friend who
thinks parts of that are well intentioned disasters.

You have a "friend" who doesn't mind your endless gossiping? Are we to
believe you? G
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:03:17 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I had a collection too. I have found that when one leaves it is quickly
replaced by another of lesser ability. I compare it to a staircase - it only
goes down.

Inverted Peter Principle?

Admit it, you just wanted to her yourself saying those words, senile gossip!
LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 4:58:37 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 06/12/2021 01:58 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
It basically means that the route that you are on is not going to get you
to your destination. Sure, technically, there is *always* a way to get from
one point to another, but it may not be as convenient as one might hope.

Getting from the North Rim to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon comes to
mind. It's only about 20 miles...

SWMBO did it in about 5 hours, with a layover in Page, AZ. ;-)

We chose to see the North Rim first because we hate crowds. While there,
we were chatting with one of the NPS Rangers.

"Should we visit the South Rim? We hate crowds."

"I've worked for the NPS for close to 40 years. I've always chosen the quietest, most
remote assignments because I hate crowds, so I know what you mean. That said,
you're here. You'll regret coming all the way out here and not seeing the South Rim.
It's worth the drive. Get there early, see what want and leave when you want."

So we drove to Page, got up early enough to be one of the first cars through the gate,
with a plan to stay for a few hours. We ended up being the one of the last cars out
of the parking lot. We had a great time. We were hiking the rim trail when we were told
to evacuate because of approaching thunderstorms. We took the bus down to the
Village and had a fantastic and very reasonably priced lunch in the lodge. By the
time were were done, the storms had past so we took the bus back up and continued
our hike to Hermit's Nest. Most of the crowds had left when the rains came so we
basically had the trail to ourselves.

Knowing what I know now, I see what he meant about regrets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
[...]

What a stunning line in rational argument you have there.

Note how they use the word "with".

Doesnt make that term the only correct term.

You sure you arent one of those disabled that have a
severe intellectual disability as well as the physical ones ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
[...]

Wait, didn't you say "There is no such animal as the correct term..."?

How there be more than one correct term if there is no such thing
as the correct term?

You sure do contradict yourself quite often.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, more than one term is valid for people like that.

How there be more than one correct term
if there is no such thing as the correct term?

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof
of my comment about intellectual disability.

You sure do contradict yourself quite often.

No contradiction at all there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/12/2021 04:24 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
We chose to see the North Rim first because we hate crowds. While there,
we were chatting with one of the NPS Rangers.

"Should we visit the South Rim? We hate crowds."

"I've worked for the NPS for close to 40 years. I've always chosen the quietest, most
remote assignments because I hate crowds, so I know what you mean. That said,
you're here. You'll regret coming all the way out here and not seeing the South Rim.
It's worth the drive. Get there early, see what want and leave when you want."

If you want quiet and remote, go to Toroweap.

https://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/tuweep.htm
http://www.zionnational-park.com/toroweap.htm

The ranger said he had to go to the South Rim once or twice a year for
meetings and that's exactly how he liked it. I did have a flat and as
soon as I got back to civilization, if Kanab qualifies, I replaced the
joke that Ford provides for a jack with a bottle jack.

I bit the bullet and went to the South Rim a couple of years ago. It was
in the fall so it wasn't too bad. No way am I going to Phantom Ranch
unless I'm heavily sedated and tied to a mule.

We went there when I was a kid and my mother was one of those people
hanging ten off the edge for a photo op. My father and I hung back about
twenty feet. otoh she hated boats. We got her out in a boat once and it
was pretty tense.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 06/12/2021 03:30 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Good analogy. On second thought some do rise to mismanagement. Dilbert bears a
mention with the pointy haired boss.

I'm reading a novel by Francis Porretto in which the protagonist asks
his boss 'How badly to I have to screw up a project to never get
promoted to management?'

I know the feeling. Theoretically I am a manager but everyone I'm
supposed to manage has been diverted to another project and I'm happy as
a clam doing actual programming.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 21:56:13 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

If you want quiet and remote, go to Toroweap.

https://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/tuweep.htm
http://www.zionnational-park.com/toroweap.htm

The ranger said he had to go to the South Rim once or twice a year for
meetings and that's exactly how he liked it. I did have a flat and as
soon as I got back to civilization, if Kanab qualifies, I replaced the
joke that Ford provides for a jack with a bottle jack.

I bit the bullet and went to the South Rim a couple of years ago. It was
in the fall so it wasn't too bad. No way am I going to Phantom Ranch
unless I'm heavily sedated and tied to a mule.

We went there when I was a kid and my mother was one of those people
hanging ten off the edge for a photo op. My father and I hung back about
twenty feet. otoh she hated boats. We got her out in a boat once and it
was pretty tense.

It's amazing about what idiotic **** you can blather endlessly in your known
wordy manner, senile blabbermouth. LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 13:02:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

You sure do contradict yourself quite often.

No contradiction at all there.

In fact, you constantly contradict yourself. It's because you always
auto-contradict everyone. If two or several people have contradicting
opinions, you will auto-contradict every single one of them and thus
auto-contradict YOURSELF. You are just way too senile to notice it, you
endlessly quarrelling senile sociopathic ****head.

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 22:02:34 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I'm reading a novel by Francis Porretto in which the protagonist asks

Oh, no!!! Is this pathological blabbermouth for real?

FLUSH rest of senile drivel unread again
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 06/12/2021 03:30 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Good analogy. On second thought some do rise to mismanagement. Dilbert
bears a
mention with the pointy haired boss.

I'm reading a novel by Francis Porretto in which the protagonist asks his
boss 'How badly to I have to screw up a project to never get promoted to
management?'

I know the feeling. Theoretically I am a manager but everyone I'm supposed
to manage has been diverted to another project and I'm happy as a clam
doing actual programming.

Exactly. I would much rather *do* something (produce something) than watch
and manage other people doing it. And any job which involves spending a
large part of each day in meetings with other people would be my idea of
hell: my definition of a meeting is a means of getting more work dumped on
me after the meeting than I had before it, but then "imprisoning" me in the
meeting room while everyone else waffles on, preventing me from actually
working on that increased workload.

I'm very much a details person: I would rather get on and make *something*
(even if that something is the wrong thing) than spend all day discussing
what the right thing is to do without actually making anything (even the
wrong thing). I find it very hard to stand back and take an overall
"helicopter view", mainly because doing so bores me rigid: I'm itching to
get into the details.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 13/06/2021 10:10, NY wrote:
"rbowman" wrote in message
[...]