Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default What words or phrases annoy you?

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 19:58:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 6/11/2021 6:24 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 6/11/21 4:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Those terms are useful. What other term would you use that is better ?

I also get annoyed with a gradual change to the names of organisations
for blind people calling themselves. Vision Australia, or London
Vision, or Vision foundation etc,* Vision loss is fine, but these
organisations sound like some kind of hippy think tank, not a charity
to help blind people, what is wrong with blind, or vision loss or
partially sighted??

Too long.

You get the same problem with disabled, the worst of the fools don?t
like
to admit that they are disabled and use other silly terms.

It's not the disabled who wantb other terms. It's those who "feel"
for them.

Yes, the world is a better place since we no longer have retarded or
crippled people.

Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges to be
classified as such...

And I worked with all of them over the years.

I had a collection too. I have found that when one leaves it is quickly
replaced by another of lesser ability. I compare it to a staircase - it only
goes down.

--
Tekkie