Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default What words or phrases annoy you?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:02:17 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/12/2021 02:06 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 3:35:18 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"Marilyn Manson" wrote in message
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 1:52:22 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges
be
classified as such...

I sort of knew that, but I wonder what they do now.

Intellectually disabled mostly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

I've not heard that term. The usual euphemism is "learning
difficulties"
That's more for kids rather than adults.
which tends to refer to people who are unkindly and humorously referred
as "the hard of thinking"
That's more of an insult.

I know a number of people who work in that segment of the health care
field.

The correct term is "adults with disabilities".
There is no such animal as the correct term and disabled is just as valid.

What does ADA stand for?

Americans with Disabilities Act. I have a quadriplegic friend who
thinks parts of that are well intentioned disasters.

Being disabled I agree with that. I once contacted the ACLU to see what they
would do, if anything, about a problem. If anything applied, replied we don't
get involved... WTF I thought that is what they were there for? Another bunch
of maroons.

--
Tekkie