Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default What words or phrases annoy you?

On 06/13/2021 03:10 AM, NY wrote:
I'm very much a details person: I would rather get on and make
*something* (even if that something is the wrong thing) than spend all
day discussing what the right thing is to do without actually making
anything (even the wrong thing). I find it very hard to stand back and
take an overall "helicopter view", mainly because doing so bores me
rigid: I'm itching to get into the details.

Never work on a DoD project. You'll spend a year or more talking about
what you're going to do before doing something. When you finally get
around to doing it, if you discover problems you're going to to what was
decided anyway because of all the ego involvement.

That process brought us the F-35, Zumwalt, and the matched pair of LCS
turkeys.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidax...terms-with-it/

I quit after 6 months of meetings and thumb twiddling and move on to a
real project.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 17:20:30 +0100, Scribbles wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:36:57 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Jabbed instead of vaccinated - presumably, a tabloid sub-editor's term to assist those readers too stupid to cope with words of more than one syllable.

I say jabbed (or jagged) because it's a horrid thing to have done to you. I ain't getting a piece of steel shoved into my insides. You want something inside me, give me a tablet.

Elderly - makes me grind my teeth. Why not just say "old"?

Indeed. It used to be worse. "My elder brother". The word elder always makes me think of a tree.

Tha Aussies call their parents "olds" which is amusing.

Passed away, passed on, passed over or left us. FFS, if you mean died, say so!

I must admit I use those, for example when my neighbour's elderly (ROFL) brother died. I wanted to show I was being polite, without having to bother with a long sentence describing my feelings.

Not sure why religious people care about death, aren't you meant to get another one like in a computer game?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:36:57 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click. App instead of program. Fewer instead of less
(even though more has no equivalent). Slowed up instead of slowed down
(slow is less speed, so must be down). People who write computer
programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that
program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello. Bothering to
distinguish between burned and burnt. Forward instead of forwards.

Jabbed instead of vaccinated - presumably, a tabloid sub-editor's term
to assist those readers too stupid to cope with words of more than one
syllable.

I say jabbed (or jagged) because it's a horrid thing to have done to you.
I ain't getting a piece of steel shoved into my insides. You want
something inside me, give me a tablet.

Not every thing can be in tablet form.

Elderly - makes me grind my teeth. Why not just say "old"?

Indeed. It used to be worse. "My elder brother". The word elder always
makes me think of a tree.

How strange. I think of elder as a Church of Scotland 'rank'.

Tha Aussies call their parents "olds" which is amusing.

My younger daughter calls us "groans"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 10:35:20 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Never work on a DoD project. You'll spend a year or more talking

Well, you are doing that here already, you endlessly babbling senile gossip!

FLUSH the rest of the usual verbose senile bull**** unread again
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 18:37:09 +0100, charles, another mentally
deficient, troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered:

Not every thing can be in tablet form.

But troll bait can take on any form, you demented, troll-feeding senile
asshole!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 1:24:41 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 17:20:30 +0100, Scribbles wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:36:57 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Jabbed instead of vaccinated - presumably, a tabloid sub-editor's term to assist those readers too stupid to cope with words of more than one syllable.

I say jabbed (or jagged) because it's a horrid thing to have done to you. I ain't getting a piece of steel shoved into my insides.

What a coward. I've done worse to myself with a kitchen knife.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

"charles" wrote in message
I say jabbed (or jagged) because it's a horrid thing to have done to you.
I ain't getting a piece of steel shoved into my insides. You want
something inside me, give me a tablet.

Not every thing can be in tablet form.

Exactly: if it gets destroyed by the stomach acid or doesn't get absorbed
through the stomach or small intestine, then there's no point in giving it
orally (by mouth). I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the
"sharp scratch". Giving blood (as a donor or for a blood test) is more of a
problem because my veins seem to be either very deep or very fine: sometimes
the nurse has to try a couple of times in different arms to manage to get
the tip of the needle *inside* the vein rather than into the wall - and
that's a comment on my veins, not their skill. The exception was a qualified
blood donor doctor who attempted to insert the canula for me to give my pint
(very nearly an armful) and caused me a lot of pain with her fumbling;
eventually a nurse tactfully suggested the doctor needed to attend to
another patient, and the nurse got the needle into a vein quickly and
painlessly. Put me off doctors who looked like Rosa Klebb, but not off being
a blood donor ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop,alt.usage.english

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 12 Jun 2021 18:39:57 +0100, "Commander
Kinsey" wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 02:45:39 +0100, micky wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 12:08:12 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:01:13 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
Rod Speed explained on 6/10/2021 :

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.
Cayn't get theyah from heeyah.

I don't think he means "Yankee" the way we mean "Yankee".

He'll probably think of it at some point and enlighten us.

Cindy Hamilton

To the rest of the world, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a northerner.
To a Northerner, a Yankee is someone from New England.
To a New Englander, a Yankee is someone from Maine.
To someone from Maine, a Yankee is someone who eats apple pie for
breakfast.

Better to say Merkin for unambiguity.

That might work for the first line, but for the next 4 lines, almost no
one in the USA knows what that word means. Where do you live?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop,alt.usage.english

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:46:42 -0400, micky mouse, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile ASSHOLE, blathered again:

That might work for the first line, but for the next 4 lines, almost no
one in the USA knows what that word means. Where do you live?

In troll's land, you demented troll-feeding senile asshole!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

NY wrote:

I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp scratch".

For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing at
the time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or it
didn't go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

Maybe Peter would like it in suppository form?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On 14/06/2021 09:19, Andy Burns wrote:
NY wrote:

I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp
scratch".

For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing at
the time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or it
didn't go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

Maybe Peter would like it in suppository form?

Nurse : Doctor, why have you got a suppository behind your ear?

Doctor (after fumbling and examining said article) : Damn!
Some bum's got my pencil!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
NY wrote:

I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp
scratch".

For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing at the
time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or it didn't
go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

Maybe Peter would like it in suppository form?

Now that *would* be painful to inject by needle ;-)

I meant to add to my earlier comment that while I hardly felt the injection,
the site of the injection felt bruised and tender for a couple of day
afterwards. Conventional flu jabs sometimes affect me like that as well.

But a very small price to pay for knowing that I'm better (not necessarily
completely) protected.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On 13/06/2021 21:01, NY wrote:
"charles" wrote in message
I say jabbed (or jagged) because it's a horrid thing to have done to
you.
*I ain't getting a piece of steel shoved into my insides.* You want
something inside me, give me a tablet.

Not every thing can be in tablet form.

Exactly: if it gets destroyed by the stomach acid or doesn't get
absorbed through the stomach or small intestine, then there's no point
in giving it orally (by mouth). I have no problem with injections and
can barely feel the "sharp scratch".

That one annoys me. Surely a medic should know the difference between a
prick and a scratch. The last time they administered inoculation via a
scratch they put live smallpox pus in.

--
Max Demian
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:19:21 AM UTC-4, Andy Burns wrote:
NY wrote:

I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp scratch".

For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing at
the time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or it
didn't go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet Injector.

https://jetinfectors.files.wordpress...c-training.png

As long as the medic knew what he was doing and you didn't flinch as the shot
was given, they were, usually, pain free. However, if the point of contact wasn't flush
with the surface of the skin in all directions, any given shot could hurt like hell.

I say "usually pain free" because there was a certain shot that didn't fit that category.
I don't recall what the shot was for, but it was nicked named the "water fountain shot".

We'd stand in line, waiting to enter the room where the shot was given. About 10'
outside the door of the room there was a water fountain built into the wall. Service
members would enter the room, get the shot, feel no pain and walk out just like they
walked in - until right about when they passed the water fountain on the way out. That's
when you'd see people suddenly suddenly clutching their arm and hear something like
"Holy sh*t!" or "Damn! That f'ing hurts!"

Even the toughest guys that would never admit to being in pain would sort of visibly
tighten up or change their gait just enough that you could tell that the pain had started.

The pain usually lasted about 24 hours, during which time, of course, the drill instructors
would make sure that all activities included copious use of the painful arm.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:36:57 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click. App instead of program. Fewer instead of less
(even though more has no equivalent). Slowed up instead of slowed down
(slow is less speed, so must be down). People who write computer
programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that
program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello. Bothering to
distinguish between burned and burnt. Forward instead of forwards.

Jabbed instead of vaccinated - presumably, a tabloid sub-editor's term
to assist those readers too stupid to cope with words of more than one
syllable.

I say jabbed (or jagged) because it's a horrid thing to have done to you.
I ain't getting a piece of steel shoved into my insides. You want
something inside me, give me a tablet.

Not every thing can be in tablet form.

We're in the 21st century, come on....

Elderly - makes me grind my teeth. Why not just say "old"?

Indeed. It used to be worse. "My elder brother". The word elder always
makes me think of a tree.

How strange. I think of elder as a Church of Scotland 'rank'.

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/tre...h-trees/elder/

I'm an athiest so would have no reason to know about church ranks.

Tha Aussies call their parents "olds" which is amusing.

My younger daughter calls us "groans"

That may also be descriptive.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:01:57 +0100, NY wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
I say jabbed (or jagged) because it's a horrid thing to have done to you.
I ain't getting a piece of steel shoved into my insides. You want
something inside me, give me a tablet.

Not every thing can be in tablet form.

Exactly: if it gets destroyed by the stomach acid or doesn't get absorbed
through the stomach or small intestine, then there's no point in giving it
orally (by mouth). I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the
"sharp scratch".

Oh it's not painful. It's the thought of it being in there.

Giving blood (as a donor or for a blood test) is more of a
problem because my veins seem to be either very deep or very fine: sometimes
the nurse has to try a couple of times in different arms to manage to get
the tip of the needle *inside* the vein rather than into the wall - and
that's a comment on my veins, not their skill. The exception was a qualified
blood donor doctor who attempted to insert the canula for me to give my pint
(very nearly an armful) and caused me a lot of pain with her fumbling;
eventually a nurse tactfully suggested the doctor needed to attend to
another patient, and the nurse got the needle into a vein quickly and
painlessly. Put me off doctors who looked like Rosa Klebb, but not off being
a blood donor ;-)

I've just been told that for kidney dialysis, they have to check your veins are compatible!

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

NY wrote:

I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp scratch".

For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing at
the time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or it
didn't go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

NY wrote:

I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp scratch".
For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing at
the time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or it
didn't go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

You probably should learn the difference between intravenous and intramuscular.
Many, many injections (including the COVID vaccine) are intramuscular and do
not require finding a blood vessel.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

news

wrote:
[...]

The century doesn't change basic chemistry/biology.

Elderly - makes me grind my teeth. Why not just say "old"?

Indeed. It used to be worse. "My elder brother". The word elder
always makes me think of a tree.

How strange. I think of elder as a Church of Scotland 'rank'.

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/tre...h-trees/elder/

I'm an athiest so would have no reason to know about church ranks.

Just noticed that the stupid anglicans have a Most Reverend rank.

Tha Aussies call their parents "olds" which is amusing.

My younger daughter calls us "groans"

That may also be descriptive.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

NY wrote:

I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp
scratch".
For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing at
the time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or it
didn't go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You
would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it
requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to fine a blood vessel.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet
Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You
would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it
requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to find a blood vessel.

Yes, there is a great deal of difference between the normal intra-muscular
injection (upper arm, buttocks etc) and an intra-venous injection (*) or
withdrawal of a blood sample. I've never tried either, but I imagine the
second take a *lot* more skill and practice.

(*) I don't think I've ever had one, but I imagine they are used to get a
drug into the bloodstream as fast as possible.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default The Two Brain Dead Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 05:08:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:52:22 -0700 (PDT), , another
brain dead, troll-feeding, senile ASSHOLE, blathered:

You probably should learn the difference between intravenous and intramuscular.
Many, many injections (including the COVID vaccine) are intramuscular and do
not require finding a blood vessel.

You probably should learn NOT to feed the troll, demented senile Yankietard!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 05:06:41 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Jun 14, 2021 at 12:09:34 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

NY wrote:

I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp
scratch".
For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing at
the time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or it
didn't go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You
would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it
requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to fine a blood vessel.

Do any?

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

NY wrote
Rod Speed wrote

When I was in the service, a lot of
shots were given with a Jet Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen?
You would think every injection would be using those. The
person giving it requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to find a blood vessel.

Yes, there is a great deal of difference between the normal
intra-muscular injection (upper arm, buttocks etc) and an
intra-venous injection (*) or withdrawal of a blood sample.

I've never tried either,

I have a blood sample most years as part of the regular checkup.

but I imagine the second take a *lot* more skill and practice.

Yeah, particularly with those with difficult veins. Mine are very
difficult inside my elbows, non straight and hard to get a needle
into according to one of those who appears to know what she
is doing. Some do get it first time every time but few manage
that and we don't see the same one that often so it isnt clear
how often the first time success is just luck. One did claim
that its skill and I usually say I am hard to get a blood sample
from every time they need to get one.

(*) I don't think I've ever had one, but I imagine they are used
to get a drug into the bloodstream as fast as possible.

Yeah, I have a couple of times have had them put a canella
in the back of my hand in case they needed to use it for that,
but no one has ever actually needed to use it.

One time he actually managed to do it without me actually
noticing while asking me some questions. I was amazed and
said that he was brilliant. He just grinned and appeared to
realise that he did that deliberately.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

NY wrote:
I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp
scratch".
For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing
at
the time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or
it
didn't go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet
Injector.
Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You
would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it
requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to fine a blood vessel.

Do any?

Apparently not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccin...administration

I did wonder when writing that, rebreeding some mention
that the covid vaccinations are intramuscular but didnt actually
check. It appears that the distinction is between intramuscular
and subcutaneous etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intramuscular_injection

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:58:05 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
NY wrote
Rod Speed wrote
[...]

I did not read all but how about 'in these trying times'. Sick of it
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 05:57:57 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?
man" on the InterNet."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On 14/06/2021 19:22, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

I think they connect an artery to a vein to form a 'shunt' - the vein
balloons out so they have a big volume to connect the cannula. Sounds
horrible.

--
Max Demian
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 11:38:13 +0100, ~BD~
wrote:

In what kind of work are you engaged?

Yes, really annoying. Specially on Usenet.
Good example BD.

------------------------------------
BD: I want people to "get to know me better. I have nothing to
hide".
I'm always here to help, this page was put up at BD's request,
rather, he said "Do it *NOW*!":

87 confirmed #FAKE_NYMS, most used in cybercrimes!
Google "David Brooks Devon"
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:51:04 +0100, Max Dumb, the REAL dumb, notorious,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

I think

No, you don't, you demented troll-feeding senile ASSHOLE!

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Jun 14, 2021 at 12:57:57 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

NY wrote
Rod Speed wrote

[...]

I am the same. When my wife and I go to get blood taken the people who do it
will ask which of us it is... and if it is her they give out a sigh of relief.
They hate getting my blood because my veins are thin and "wonder". It does
help to be very hydrated -- but my autonomic nervous system disorder tends to
lead to my body dehydrating itself some. That has improved with time and
things are not as bad now as they were 10 years ago.

(*) I don't think I've ever had one, but I imagine they are used
to get a drug into the bloodstream as fast as possible.

Yeah, I have a couple of times have had them put a canella
in the back of my hand in case they needed to use it for that,
but no one has ever actually needed to use it.

One time he actually managed to do it without me actually
noticing while asking me some questions. I was amazed and
said that he was brilliant. He just grinned and appeared to
realise that he did that deliberately.

I have had them use the back of my hand a number of times. That is easier but
can be a bit more of a "pinch"... but as you found not always.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow
superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to alt.home.repair

NY wrote:

I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp scratch".

For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing at
the time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or it
didn't go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet Injector.

https://jetinfectors.files.wordpress...c-training.png

As long as the medic knew what he was doing and you didn't flinch as the shot
was given, they were, usually, pain free. However, if the point of contact wasn't flush
with the surface of the skin in all directions, any given shot could hurt like hell.

I say "usually pain free" because there was a certain shot that didn't fit that category.
I don't recall what the shot was for, but it was nicked named the "water fountain shot".

The one in your butt tended to result in soreness. The USMC answer to
that was a three mile run.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You
would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it
requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

No, it's like a GrayCo airless sprayer.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 06/14/2021 01:29 PM, NY wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet
Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen?
You would think every injection would be using those. The person
giving it requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to find a blood vessel.

Yes, there is a great deal of difference between the normal
intra-muscular injection (upper arm, buttocks etc) and an intra-venous
injection (*) or withdrawal of a blood sample. I've never tried either,
but I imagine the second take a *lot* more skill and practice.

(*) I don't think I've ever had one, but I imagine they are used to get
a drug into the bloodstream as fast as possible.

Note of caution... OR nurses suck at starting an IV. Three tried and
failed on me. The fourth was the charm. When I complimented her skill
she said she was a phlebotomist before moving to the OR staff.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 2021-06-14, rbowman wrote:
On 06/14/2021 01:29 PM, NY wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
[...]

If I get blood drawn at my doctor's office, it's hit or miss as my
veins are buried and my arms thin. I turn into a human pin cushion.

If I get blood drawn at the lab, Quest, they get it right every single
time.
When that's pretty much all you do all day long, you tend to get good
at it and they are.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024