Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On 06/14/2021 10:45 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:19:21 AM UTC-4, Andy Burns wrote:
NY wrote:

I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp scratch".

For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing at
the time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or it
didn't go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet Injector.

https://jetinfectors.files.wordpress...c-training.png

As long as the medic knew what he was doing and you didn't flinch as the shot
was given, they were, usually, pain free. However, if the point of contact wasn't flush
with the surface of the skin in all directions, any given shot could hurt like hell.

I say "usually pain free" because there was a certain shot that didn't fit that category.
I don't recall what the shot was for, but it was nicked named the "water fountain shot".

The one in your butt tended to result in soreness. The USMC answer to
that was a three mile run.