Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cutting in reverse

On Sun, 22 May 2016 07:52:40 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/21/2016 9:56 PM, Micky wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2016 22:07:27 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Do you not look back when you reverse your car? Do you not look back when you reverse your mower? Is your child too thick to get out of the way of a big noisy machine?

What a moron you are. Do you think they did this before plenty of
children had already been hurt?

You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't
remember ever meeting (or first generation
reliable source hearing about) a child
injured by a lawn mower.

I have. My kid brother lost a finger. on a push mower.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 5/21/2016 9:56 PM, Micky wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2016 22:07:27 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Do you not look back when you reverse your car? Do you not look back when you reverse your mower? Is your child too thick to get out of the way of a big noisy machine?

What a moron you are. Do you think they did this before plenty of
children had already been hurt?

You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't
remember ever meeting (or first generation
reliable source hearing about) a child
injured by a lawn mower.

I have. My kid brother lost a finger. on a push mower.

How is that even possible?

--
CO2 emissions aren't a problem. CO2 is supposed to be there. It feeds plants for ****s sake! If greenies want plants to be healthy, we need MORE CO2! They pump CO2 into greenhouses to make plants grow better!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/21/2016 08:56 PM, Micky wrote:

[snip]

You may not be old enough** to remember that that was a compromise.
One side wanted to ban cigarettes completely. Would that have been
better? Don't you think a stupid 12 or 15-year old should be told
smoking is bad for him by someone other than his parents, if they did?
(FWIW, it's those who are "conservative" now who brought about the ban
on alcohol, which didn't work well.)

I'd rather have cigarettes than alcohol banned. Both can harm the user,
but cigarettes directly harm other people (they stink too).

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving
medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine, THE CRISIS
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 May 2016 21:44:28 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 05/21/2016 08:56 PM, Micky wrote:

[snip]

You may not be old enough** to remember that that was a compromise.
One side wanted to ban cigarettes completely. Would that have been
better? Don't you think a stupid 12 or 15-year old should be told
smoking is bad for him by someone other than his parents, if they did?
(FWIW, it's those who are "conservative" now who brought about the ban
on alcohol, which didn't work well.)

I'd rather have cigarettes than alcohol banned. Both can harm the user,
but cigarettes directly harm other people (they stink too).

Only if you continue to sit next to the person smoking. Are you tied up or something?

--
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/2016 4:34 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I bypassed the two handed switch system on my hedge trimmer. Now I can
reach at arm's length to cut further.

What if there is a child with a long nose standing on the other side of
the hedge?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/2016 5:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/22/2016 4:34 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I bypassed the two handed switch system on my hedge trimmer. Now I can
reach at arm's length to cut further.

What if there is a child with a long nose standing on the other side of
the hedge?

Pinocchio told me had his nose trimmed, but he's a liar.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 May 2016 22:19:37 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/22/2016 4:34 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I bypassed the two handed switch system on my hedge trimmer. Now I can
reach at arm's length to cut further.

What if there is a child with a long nose standing on the other side of
the hedge?

Then he must pay for the trim.

--
I like bagpipes. I also like violins when played with a hammer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 4:53:05 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 21:44:28 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 05/21/2016 08:56 PM, Micky wrote:

[snip]

You may not be old enough** to remember that that was a compromise.
One side wanted to ban cigarettes completely. Would that have been
better? Don't you think a stupid 12 or 15-year old should be told
smoking is bad for him by someone other than his parents, if they did?
(FWIW, it's those who are "conservative" now who brought about the ban
on alcohol, which didn't work well.)

I'd rather have cigarettes than alcohol banned. Both can harm the user,
but cigarettes directly harm other people (they stink too).

Only if you continue to sit next to the person smoking. Are you tied up or something?

Good Gawd! You are such a frigging idiot. There should be a Mr. Birdbrain ban.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 May 2016 16:17:48 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/22/2016 10:20 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 9:11:58 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 4:45:12 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2016 18:20:14 +0100, Frank "frank wrote:

On 5/21/2016 12:58 PM, wrote:
When I`m using the riding mower and put it in reverse

Er..... how is cutting in reverse more dangerous than cutting going forwards?

Going backwards you could fall off backwards and have the mower go over
you. Going forward that can't happen, or at least it's much harder to
happen.

So, you're sitting on your riding mower, and then
put your riding mower in reverse, as you're sitting.
Fall off backwards? Well, I guess it's possible.

My Dad used to see people pulling walk-behind mowers
backwards. He'd go have a safety lecture at them.
The walking mowers, much more dangerous if pulled.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.
www.lds.org
.
.

Particularly the old "toe-nail clipper" like the mower on my web-site.
Front and rear discharge - circa 1957
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 22 May 2016 17:55:36 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

What on earth is a clutch switch? I've driven two cars with no clutch cable, you start it in 1st then change gear carefully.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Clutch+switch
The switch that makes sure you have your foot on the clutch before
the engine will crank

In 1972 I bought a Dodge with that switch. I had driven manual shift
cars over the years and had had that one for several days. I got some
gas and could not get it started. It was as if the battery was dead.
The service station man told me to push in the clutch. I did and it
started.

I had a habit of puting a 4 speed in neutral and starting the car. I
must have been doing that and pushing in the clutch for the 2 or 3 days
I had had that car. That was the first manual car I had been in that
has that clutch switch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-05-22 5:52 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/21/2016 9:56 PM, Micky wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2016 22:07:27 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Do you not look back when you reverse your car? Do you not look back
when you reverse your mower? Is your child too thick to get out of
the way of a big noisy machine?

What a moron you are. Do you think they did this before plenty of
children had already been hurt?

You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't
remember ever meeting (or first generation
reliable source hearing about) a child
injured by a lawn mower.

Your display of personal ignorance does not mean it doesn't happen.

http://www.amputee-coalition.org/law...s-amputations/

https://www.verywell.com/lawn-mower-accidents-2633674

http://www.adph.org/injuryprevention/index.asp?id=4469

http://fox4kc.com/2015/06/02/more-ch...-than-in-past/

https://canadasafetycouncil.org/camp...mower-injuries

So just because your head is stuck in the sand does not mean it doesn't
happen.

--
"It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it's
been through a blender first.

Berkely Breathed
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 22/05/2016 21:44, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 05/21/2016 08:56 PM, Micky wrote:

[snip]

You may not be old enough** to remember that that was a compromise.
One side wanted to ban cigarettes completely. Would that have been
better? Don't you think a stupid 12 or 15-year old should be told
smoking is bad for him by someone other than his parents, if they did?
(FWIW, it's those who are "conservative" now who brought about the ban
on alcohol, which didn't work well.)

I'd rather have cigarettes than alcohol banned. Both can harm the user,
but cigarettes directly harm other people (they stink too).

[snip]

On the other hand it's alcohol that causes the vast majority of fights
and fill up the A&E depts every friday and saturday nights plus drink
drivers kill and mame many people every day.

--
Bod

Cutting in reverse Herb Eneva Home Repair 4 May 12th 13 06:58 PM
Reverse Air con [email protected][_2_] UK diy 28 October 21st 11 06:09 PM
Looking for a Reverse Mortgage in N.CA A VFW Home Ownership 0 August 15th 08 02:18 PM
Reverse tap? goodolpete UK diy 11 July 24th 08 12:46 PM
reverse gloat Grant Erwin Metalworking 2 September 14th 05 05:16 PM