Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bird Brain''s personal subject lines

On Thu, 26 May 2016 14:55:16 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 5:42:29 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2016 11:09:29 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

I apparently made a mistake in snipping. Sorry.

What trade are you proposing, that you will remove the "" at the beginning of all the subject lines you rename if I never
make another mistake? It's a deal!

Wait! Don't take that deal. I'm not a lawyer, but I do play one on usenet.

Based on the terms of your proposed deal "if I never make another mistake"
means that Stormy doesn't have to remove the "" until you "never make
another mistake". We won't know if that has happened until the end of time.

Well, at least until the end of your time if we are speaking in the terrestrial
sense, even longer if we believe in an after-life.

Your deal should be structured such that Stormy will remove the "" *now*
based on your promise not to make another mistake, along with a clause that
states what will happen if you do.

Stormy, based on the advice of my esteemed counsel I hereby wish to withdraw my previous proposal and submit the following
for your consideration if approved by DerbyDad03:

"From the moment you, Stormin Mormon, agree to this proposal; when changing a subject line for any reason you, Stormin
Mormon, conceive you will remove the " " at the beginning of the new subject line. This is not limited to only the " "
at the beginning, but any and all indication that there was a prior original post. And I, Gordon Shumway (my name is as real
as Stormy's too) will never ever admit to another mistake for the rest of my life."

Does that new proposal pass your inspection Derbydad03?

Stormy, I'm switching sides. Don't take this deal. He's asking you to do what he wants and
all he has to do is not admit to further mistakes. He's not saying he won't make mistakes,
just that he won't admit to them. I don't like it.

P.S.: Your retainer is in the mail.

I lost my retainer back when I was a teenager. Had to go to the orthodontist to get
a new one. Dad was ****ed. Where did you find it?

Wait just a minute! Whose side are you on?

How about if I amend it to this:

"From the moment you, Stormin Mormon, agree to this proposal; when changing a subject line for any reason you, Stormin
Mormon, conceive you will remove the " " at the beginning of the new subject line. This is not limited to only the " "
at the beginning, but any and all indication that there was a prior original post. And I, Gordon Shumway (my name is as real
as Stormy's too) will admit to a mistake if I make one."

Does that satisfy my shyster ambulance chaser?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2016 5:41 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
[...]

Will have to submit that to counsel for approval,
but at first read it seems reasonable.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2016 5:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Hmm. Well, I'll have to get a second usenet
attorney's advice. Your opinion does show
considerable merit.
--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 May 2016 18:28:18 +0100, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2016 12:20:52 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2016 10:05:29 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2016 11:53:27 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

Would you believe I made a mistake?

Golly Gee. It can't be the first one.

Yes it was! It all depends on when you start counting. ;-)

The last time I was wrong it was a mistake.

People aren't usually wrong on purpose.

--
WinError: Unable to exit Windows. Try the door.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cutting in reverse

On Thu, 26 May 2016 16:48:56 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 11:19:06 AM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2016 16:16:23 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 9:20:34 AM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2016 13:57:00 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 1:01:09 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 15:20:50 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 9:11:58 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 4:45:12 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2016 18:20:14 +0100, Frank "frank wrote:

On 5/21/2016 12:58 PM, wrote:
When I`m using the riding mower and put it in reverse with the blades engaged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and then back up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clear. How can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb

Government mandated rules are to protect the dumbest among us.

Er..... how is cutting in reverse more dangerous than cutting going forwards?

Going backwards you could fall off backwards and have the mower go over
you. Going forward that can't happen, or at least it's much harder to
happen.

That implies the mower has poor stability.

No it doesn't.

Then why does it fall over?

Reading comprehension problem? I never said the mower falls over, I said
it's possible to fall over backwards while in reverse and have the mower
run you over with the blades engaged. Another reason would be that you
can't see behind you well when backing up.

I assumed you meant the mower falls over tipping you off, because otherwise you have a basic misunderstanding of the laws of physics, especially momentum.

I understand physics very well. With a tractor backing up at a constant
speed, in a straight line, there is no momentum issue with regard to falling one way or the other. Newton figured that out 400 years ago.

So like I said, no danger of falling off. Apart from the acceleration/deceleration of the mower. To fall backwards while the mower reverses would be when you STOP. This means the blades aren't spinning.

--
What do you call kinky sex with chocolate?
S&M&M

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mom! Billy's getting car sick!

On 5/26/2016 4:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/26/2016 11:08 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

As for your analogy, I'd not expect a book to be entirely on one topic.
Other things would get mentioned.

Really? I have a book on 1950's automobiles and now find out it is
defective. There is no mention of ships or airplanes and not a single
meatloaf recipe. Damn, nothing but cars.

I guess there were better manners back then.
People stayed on topic. I used to have a book
that stayed on topic. Like yours, from the
fifties. A couple generations later, we have
new math, common core, thread drift.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Would you believe I made a mistake?

Golly Gee. It can't be the first one.

Yes it was! It all depends on when you start counting. ;-)

The last time I was wrong it was a mistake.

People aren't usually wrong on purpose.

You are wrong so often I was beginning to think that you were doing it on purpose.
I didn't realize anyone could actually be so wrong so often without trying to be.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2016 12:58 PM, wrote:
[...]

Falling off a tractor or falling in general does not require the tractor
or object you're involved with to be moving. Only one object needs to be
moving, you. Capiche?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2016 12:58 PM, wrote:
When I`m using the riding mower and put it in reverse with the blades engaged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and then back up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clear. How can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb

Please seek out the untrimmed Text Anonymous chapter near year.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2016 12:58 PM, wrote:
[...]

I've already said that. Re-read what I wrote. "To fall backwards while the mower reverses would be when you STOP. This means the blades aren't spinning."

--
Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2016 12:58 PM, wrote:
When I`m using the riding mower and put it in reverse with the blades engaged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and then back up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clear. How can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb

Please seek out the untrimmed Text Anonymous chapter near year.

It was trimmed enough for me. Seek psychiatric help.

--
Why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor when you can't drink and drive?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 May 2016 01:50:25 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/26/2016 4:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/26/2016 11:08 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

As for your analogy, I'd not expect a book to be entirely on one topic.
Other things would get mentioned.

Really? I have a book on 1950's automobiles and now find out it is
defective. There is no mention of ships or airplanes and not a single
meatloaf recipe. Damn, nothing but cars.

I guess there were better manners back then.
People stayed on topic. I used to have a book
that stayed on topic. Like yours, from the
fifties. A couple generations later, we have
new math, common core, thread drift.

Do you never change subject while talking to someone?

--
Hey diddle diddle the cat took a piddle,
All over the bedside clock.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:40:43 AM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Falling off a tractor or falling in general does not require the tractor
or object you're involved with to be moving. Only one object needs to be
moving, you. Capiche?

I've already said that. Re-read what I wrote. "To fall backwards while the mower reverses would be when you STOP. This means the blades aren't spinning."

--
Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.

I read what you wrote and it's just as wrong now as before.
Why does the mower have to be stopped and not backing up when you fall off?
Clearly you can fall off whether it's moving or not. Are you daft? And
regarding the blades spinning, the whole issue was why some safety folks
thought an interlock to prevent the mower from backing up with the blades
spinning was the whole point.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 May 2016 16:43:07 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:40:43 AM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Falling off a tractor or falling in general does not require the tractor
or object you're involved with to be moving. Only one object needs to be
moving, you. Capiche?

I've already said that. Re-read what I wrote. "To fall backwards while the mower reverses would be when you STOP. This means the blades aren't spinning."

--
Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.

I read what you wrote and it's just as wrong now as before.
Why does the mower have to be stopped and not backing up when you fall off?
Clearly you can fall off whether it's moving or not. Are you daft?

What makes you fall? You need to be shoved. That can only happen by the mower accelerating forwards or decelerating backwards.

And regarding the blades spinning, the whole issue was why some safety folks
thought an interlock to prevent the mower from backing up with the blades
spinning was the whole point.

But if it's stopped, they aren't spinning.

--
It is OK to let your mind go blank, but please turn off the sound.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 12:34:57 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
[...]

People fall off chairs, stools and similar all the time. A drunk guy
falls off a bar stool, was the stool moving? A person has a dizzy
spell and falls off a chair, was the chair moving?

And regarding the blades spinning, the whole issue was why some safety folks
thought an interlock to prevent the mower from backing up with the blades
spinning was the whole point.

But if it's stopped, they aren't spinning.

Obviously you don't even know how a riding mower works. The mower can
be stationary, not moving, with the blades spinning.

Next idiot!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 May 2016 18:04:43 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

[...]

So why is this more likely in reverse than going forwards?

And regarding the blades spinning, the whole issue was why some safety folks
thought an interlock to prevent the mower from backing up with the blades
spinning was the whole point.

But if it's stopped, they aren't spinning.

Obviously you don't even know how a riding mower works. The mower can
be stationary, not moving, with the blades spinning.

If the mower is stationary, how does it go over you?

Next idiot!

Win your argument before you pronounce someone an idiot, otherwise you look stupid.

--
We've had a hot, dry summer this year. It was so hot that one of my neighbors said his wife even thawed out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:08:33 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
[...]

I never said it was, nor was that the issue.

That isn't what you said, nor what I responded to. This is what you said:

"But if it's stopped, they aren't spinning."

Which of course is wrong. You really are the village idiot. The guy's
mower has an interlock to prevent it from going backwards with the
blades spinning. If you try to do that, it kills the engine. He wants
to override it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 May 2016 18:22:16 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

[...]

That's what the OP was asking about, the blades cutting out when he reversed the mower.

And regarding the blades spinning, the whole issue was why some safety folks
thought an interlock to prevent the mower from backing up with the blades
spinning was the whole point.

But if it's stopped, they aren't spinning.

Obviously you don't even know how a riding mower works. The mower can
be stationary, not moving, with the blades spinning.

If the mower is stationary, how does it go over you?

That isn't what you said, nor what I responded to. This is what you said:

"But if it's stopped, they aren't spinning."

Which of course is wrong. You really are the village idiot. The guy's
mower has an interlock to prevent it from going backwards with the
blades spinning. If you try to do that, it kills the engine. He wants
to override it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Because you can't fall under it while it's moving. You fall off the back when you stop the mower and you continue moving.

--
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:30:05 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
[...]

No **** Sherlock. Of course that's what he was asking about,
he was seeking a way to bypass the safety so that he could move in reverse
with the blades running. But that has nothing to do with your
insistence that one can't fall of a mower backwards or that the
mower can't have the blades running with the mower not moving, etc.

And regarding the blades spinning, the whole issue was why some safety folks
thought an interlock to prevent the mower from backing up with the blades
spinning was the whole point.

But if it's stopped, they aren't spinning.

Obviously you don't even know how a riding mower works. The mower can
be stationary, not moving, with the blades spinning.

If the mower is stationary, how does it go over you?

That isn't what you said, nor what I responded to. This is what you said:

"But if it's stopped, they aren't spinning."

Which of course is wrong. You really are the village idiot. The guy's
mower has an interlock to prevent it from going backwards with the
blades spinning. If you try to do that, it kills the engine. He wants
to override it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Because you can't fall under it while it's moving.

Of course you can silly rabbit.

You fall off the back when you stop the mower and you continue moving.

As all those examples I showed with bar stools and similar, you can
fall of something whether it's moving forward, backward or not moving
at all. Capiche?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 May 2016 18:43:02 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

[...]

It's everything to do with it. You only fall off backwards when the mower stops. The mower can't run you over if it's not moving. So if the blades are spinning or not is irrelevant.

[...]

Then you can fall under it while it's going forwards too.

A mower is far easier to balance on than a bar stool. And you tend to be less drunk at the time. Anyone who falls off a mower is a ****ing retard.

you can
fall of something whether it's moving forward, backward or not moving
at all. Capiche?

Please speak English. Using foreign words to sound smart doesn't make you sound smart. Понимаю?

--
If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:52:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

It's everything to do with it. You only fall off backwards when the mower stops.

Once again, that isn't true. I gave you a good example. People fall
off bar stools, don't they? Was the bar moving in reverse?
And a mower is even more problematic than a bar stool. When it's moving
in reverse, you can hit a bump, the other wheel goes into a low spot, etc.
Clearly the mower does not have to be stopped for you to fall off. Idiot.

The mower can't run you over if it's not moving. So if the blades are spinning or not is irrelevant.

No **** Sherlock, that's why the put that interlock there that he
wants to defeat. Capiche?

Then you can fall under it while it's going forwards too.

Now you can't. You'd have to do some real gymnastics to wind up
under the mower deck if you fall forward. Forward you have the steering
wheel and the whole front of the tractor. You have basically three
directions you can fall off, either side and backwards. Falling
backwards, you go directly to the ground, behind the mower. I take
it you've never actually been on one.

You fall off the back when you stop the mower and you continue moving.

As all those examples I showed with bar stools and similar,

A mower is far easier to balance on than a bar stool. And you tend to be less drunk at the time. Anyone who falls off a mower is a ****ing retard.

That's probably true in most cases. But many of these modern safety
interlocks are there to prevent injury to those retards. And as I pointed
out, but again you ignore, people could have a medical event that causes
them to fall off. Pl,enty of people like to mow after a few beers. IDK
if that classifies as retard or not.

you can
fall of something whether it's moving forward, backward or not moving
at all. Capiche?

Please speak English. Using foreign words to sound smart doesn't make you sound smart. Понимаю?

The choice of language doesn't matter when one is conversing with the
village idiot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 May 2016 19:25:35 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:52:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

It's everything to do with it. You only fall off backwards when the mower stops.

Once again, that isn't true. I gave you a good example. People fall
off bar stools, don't they? Was the bar moving in reverse?
And a mower is even more problematic than a bar stool. When it's moving
in reverse, you can hit a bump, the other wheel goes into a low spot, etc.
Clearly the mower does not have to be stopped for you to fall off. Idiot.

The only idiot is someone who can't remain seated on a mower.

The mower can't run you over if it's not moving. So if the blades are spinning or not is irrelevant.

No **** Sherlock, that's why the put that interlock there that he
wants to defeat. Capiche?

No, the thing he wants to defeat stops him from cutting while reversing. If he's still on the mower, it should allow cutting.

Then instead of ****ing about with interlocks, simply make the back impossible to fall off. That'll take care of the ****wits with no sense of balance who need to be removed from the gene pool anyway.

Whatever the reason, it's their fault. There is no sense in restricting what sensible people can do with their mowers just for a few ****wits.

you can
fall of something whether it's moving forward, backward or not moving
at all. Capiche?

Please speak English. Using foreign words to sound smart doesn't make you sound smart. Понимаю?

The choice of language doesn't matter when one is conversing with the
village idiot.

I'm providing logical answers, you're just repeating yourself like a troll.

--
Mary had a little lamb, it walked into a pylon. 10,000 volts went up its arse, and turned its wool to nylon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:22:26 AM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:08:33 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 18:04:43 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

snippage

That isn't what you said, nor what I responded to. This is what you said:

"But if it's stopped, they aren't spinning."

Which of course is wrong. You really are the village idiot. The guy's
mower has an interlock to prevent it from going backwards with the
blades spinning. If you try to do that, it kills the engine. He wants
to override it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Okay, I have read many of he posts, still confused. Why doesn't he just push the dash button? Has something changed in mower safety devices? I have a fairly new rider mower that has a button on thie dash to push - keeps blades running when in reverse. Have they done away with that?

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 May 2016 19:35:53 +0100, Harry K wrote:

[...]

Well if the concern is falling under the blades, you can't do that while holding the button.

If such a button exists, the OP could simply short that button?

--
Australia - 2030 ?????
HEADLINES FROM THE YEAR 2030
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 3:42:42 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 19:25:35 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:52:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

It's everything to do with it. You only fall off backwards when the mower stops.

Once again, that isn't true. I gave you a good example. People fall
off bar stools, don't they? Was the bar moving in reverse?
And a mower is even more problematic than a bar stool. When it's moving
in reverse, you can hit a bump, the other wheel goes into a low spot, etc.
Clearly the mower does not have to be stopped for you to fall off. Idiot.

The only idiot is someone who can't remain seated on a mower.

That must be you.

The mower can't run you over if it's not moving. So if the blades are spinning or not is irrelevant.

No **** Sherlock, that's why the put that interlock there that he
wants to defeat. Capiche?

No, the thing he wants to defeat stops him from cutting while reversing. If he's still on the mower, it should allow cutting.

No what? You said that the mower can't run you over if it's not moving,
so whether the blades are spinning or not doesn't matter. The whole
point was that he wants to DEFEAT the INTERLOCK so that the blades will
spin while it's moving backwards. So, if he does that and someone falls
off backwards it does matter if the blades are spinning or not. Capiche?

Then instead of ****ing about with interlocks, simply make the back impossible to fall off. That'll take care of the ****wits with no sense of balance who need to be removed from the gene pool anyway.

You think maybe he figured it's easier to defeat the interlock than do
that? IDK what he thinks, you can ask him, but it's irrelevant.

Whatever the reason, it's their fault. There is no sense in restricting what sensible people can do with their mowers just for a few ****wits.

You can take that up with the mower safety folks. It doesn't change
physics and the fact that you can fall off a mower without regard to
which direction it's moving or even if it's moving at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 2:35:58 PM UTC-4, Harry K wrote:

Okay, I have read many of he posts, still confused. Why doesn't he just push the dash button? Has something changed in mower safety devices? I have a fairly new rider mower that has a button on thie dash to push - keeps blades running when in reverse. Have they done away with that?

Harry K

IDK, what makes you think that feature is in all riding mowers? When
you push it does it then keep them running without you having to
continue pushing on it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 May 2016 20:05:45 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 3:42:42 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 19:25:35 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:52:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

It's everything to do with it. You only fall off backwards when the mower stops.

Once again, that isn't true. I gave you a good example. People fall
off bar stools, don't they? Was the bar moving in reverse?
And a mower is even more problematic than a bar stool. When it's moving
in reverse, you can hit a bump, the other wheel goes into a low spot, etc.
Clearly the mower does not have to be stopped for you to fall off. Idiot.

The only idiot is someone who can't remain seated on a mower.

That must be you.

I don't fall off mowers.

The mower can't run you over if it's not moving. So if the blades are spinning or not is irrelevant.

No **** Sherlock, that's why the put that interlock there that he
wants to defeat. Capiche?

No, the thing he wants to defeat stops him from cutting while reversing. If he's still on the mower, it should allow cutting.

No what? You said that the mower can't run you over if it's not moving,
so whether the blades are spinning or not doesn't matter. The whole
point was that he wants to DEFEAT the INTERLOCK so that the blades will
spin while it's moving backwards. So, if he does that and someone falls
off backwards it does matter if the blades are spinning or not. Capiche?

I'm not replying to an Italian.

Then instead of ****ing about with interlocks, simply make the back impossible to fall off. That'll take care of the ****wits with no sense of balance who need to be removed from the gene pool anyway.

You think maybe he figured it's easier to defeat the interlock than do
that? IDK what he thinks, you can ask him, but it's irrelevant.

I'm talking about mower design, do keep up at the back.

Whatever the reason, it's their fault. There is no sense in restricting what sensible people can do with their mowers just for a few ****wits.

You can take that up with the mower safety folks. It doesn't change
physics and the fact that you can fall off a mower without regard to
which direction it's moving or even if it's moving at all.

No sensible person would fall off the mower.

--
Backup not found. A)bort, R)etry or P)anic?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 May 2016 11:35:53 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

[...]

Vast majority of riders do not have that button in North America.
Some shut off the engine. Some shut off the blade.
Posted to alt.home.repair
JAS JAS is offline

wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:22:26 AM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:08:33 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 18:04:43 +0100, trader_4

snippage

said:

"But if it's stopped, they aren't spinning."

Which of course is wrong. You really are the village idiot. The guy's
mower has an interlock to prevent it from going backwards with the
blades spinning. If you try to do that, it kills the engine. He wants
to override it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Okay, I have read many of he posts, still confused. Why doesn't he
just push the dash button? Has something changed in mower safety
devices? I have a fairly new rider mower that has a button on thie
dash to push - keeps blades running when in reverse. Have they done
away with that?

Harry K

Vast majority of riders do not have that button in North America.
Some shut off the engine. Some shut off the blade.

My Sears Craftsman in Nebraska has the feature on the key switch. 1st
position-off 2nd position- mow in reverse 3rd position-Start. You start
the mower and then turn the key back to number 2 position and you can
mow in reverse without the motor shutting down.

JAS

Also to add to my previous post you have to set the park brake and shut
off the mower if you want to get off the rider with the engine running.

JAS

--
You either teach people to treat you with dignity and respect, or
you don't. This means you are partly responsible for the mistreatment

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's how my son's Craftsman was, but that was back in the mid 2000's. I
have no idea if they still have that feature.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 May 2016 15:10:59 +0100, JAS wrote:

wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:22:26 AM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:08:33 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 18:04:43 +0100, trader_4

snippage

said:

[...]

"Shut off the mower" and "with the engine running". What?!

--
What does Michael Jackson like about twenty-eight year olds?
The fact that there are twenty of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:22:26 AM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:08:33 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 18:04:43 +0100, trader_4

snippage

said:

[...]

I assume he means stopping the mower blades turning whilst leaving the
engine running.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:22:26 AM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:08:33 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 18:04:43 +0100, trader_4

snippage

said:

[...]

So the seat has a pressure switch and the engine cuts out if you get off it? Bloody hell, why so many safety mechanisms? Can't we just let incapable people die off and get off our planet? It's not a bloody jumbo jet, it's not rocket science to drive a mower.

--
For the really paranoid who want to destroy data there's nothing like taking the lid off the disk drive and rearranging the sectors with a hammer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:22:26 AM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:08:33 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 18:04:43 +0100, trader_4

snippage

said:

[...]

Actually, I like that safety feature. When I'm mowing along my ditch,
I know that when the engine starts to stall I'd better adjust my
trajectory (or the position of my butt on the seat) or some other factor.

The first thing when we got the mower, my husband disabled the "can't
mow in reverse" interlock. Chipmunks beware!

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 May 2016 17:16:01 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

So the seat has a pressure switch and the engine cuts out if you get off it?
Bloody hell, why so many safety mechanisms?
Can't we just let incapable people die off and get off our planet?
It's not a bloody jumbo jet, it's not rocket science to drive a mower.

On my rider circa 1990 the seat switch is electrical
not a pressure switch which only stops the engine if
the blades are engaged - an important and perfectly simple and
logical safety feature - and one that has been common since
long before 1990, I suspect ...
There is no interlock with the motion conrol - I can mow in forward
or reverse, with no over-ride - I fail to see the logic in the
reverse interlock ...
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 May 2016 20:06:07 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 31 May 2016 17:16:01 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

So the seat has a pressure switch and the engine cuts out if you get off it?
Bloody hell, why so many safety mechanisms?
Can't we just let incapable people die off and get off our planet?
It's not a bloody jumbo jet, it's not rocket science to drive a mower.

On my rider circa 1990 the seat switch is electrical
not a pressure switch which only stops the engine if
the blades are engaged - an important and perfectly simple and
logical safety feature

For people stupid enough to get off the mower without stopping it. Why do you care for stupid people?

First thing I do when I get a tool is remove all safety switches, that way I'm in control of the tool, not the safety conscious designer.

- and one that has been common since
long before 1990, I suspect ...
There is no interlock with the motion conrol - I can mow in forward
or reverse, with no over-ride - I fail to see the logic in the
reverse interlock ...
John T.

--
Steve Ryder covering the US Masters: "Ballesteros felt much better today after a 69 yesterday."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:22:26 AM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:08:33 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 18:04:43 +0100, trader_4

snippage

said:

[...]

Huh?

The first thing when we got the mower, my husband disabled the "can't
mow in reverse" interlock. Chipmunks beware!

Have you ever seen the film "Caddy Shack"?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080487/

--
CO2 emissions aren't a problem. CO2 is supposed to be there. It feeds plants for ****s sake! If greenies want plants to be healthy, we need MORE CO2! They pump CO2 into greenhouses to make plants grow better!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 12:08:03 PM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 2:35:58 PM UTC-4, Harry K wrote:

Okay, I have read many of he posts, still confused. Why doesn't he just push the dash button? Has something changed in mower safety devices? I have a fairly new rider mower that has a button on thie dash to push - keeps blades running when in reverse. Have they done away with that?

Harry K

IDK, what makes you think that feature is in all riding mowers? When
you push it does it then keep them running without you having to
continue pushing on it?

I "assuimed" (yes I know) dthat all mowers had some method of keepingthe blades turning. Mine is a JD.

Nope, push once and let go while pusshing on the reverse pedal.

I don't know how it would work if one needs to, or has and urge to, fall off the mower.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:22:26 AM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:08:33 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 18:04:43 +0100, trader_4

snippage

said:

[...]

Cutting in reverse Herb Eneva Home Repair 4 May 12th 13 06:58 PM
Reverse Air con [email protected][_2_] UK diy 28 October 21st 11 06:09 PM
Looking for a Reverse Mortgage in N.CA A VFW Home Ownership 0 August 15th 08 02:18 PM
Reverse tap? goodolpete UK diy 11 July 24th 08 12:46 PM
reverse gloat Grant Erwin Metalworking 2 September 14th 05 05:16 PM