Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - car safety switches

On Mon, 23 May 2016 15:40:36 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

US PGA Commentator - "One of the reasons Arnie is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."

.... And Johnny Carson famously commented "That must make his little
putter stand up"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 May 2016 21:19:30 +0100, wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 15:40:36 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

US PGA Commentator - "One of the reasons Arnie is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."

... And Johnny Carson famously commented "That must make his little
putter stand up"

:-)

--
You are The One. But not The One. The One who is not The One, but is Another One. But you are that One who is The One who is The Other One who is, in fact, The One. All is lost.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cutting in reverse

On Mon, 23 May 2016 08:19:51 -0700 (PDT), TimR wrote:

I know of two.

When I was very small, the neighbor's kid was hit by a thrown stone and killed.

So that's one.

Because of that, my Dad refused to ever have a power mower, so I mowed the lawn with a manual push mower until I left the house.

that's two.

The janitor at my elementary school was killed by a power mower when he ran
over a wire coat hanger and it cut his carotid artery.

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 May 2016 22:12:27 +0100, Mike Duffy wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 08:19:51 -0700 (PDT), TimR wrote:

I know of two.

When I was very small, the neighbor's kid was hit by a thrown stone and killed.

So that's one.

Because of that, my Dad refused to ever have a power mower, so I mowed the lawn with a manual push mower until I left the house.

that's two.

The janitor at my elementary school was killed by a power mower when he ran
over a wire coat hanger and it cut his carotid artery.

That had to be the most unlikely thing ever.

--
He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a dustcart reversing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 May 2016 09:56:34 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 12:24:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 09:18:33 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 11:23:59 AM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 16:19:51 +0100, TimR wrote:

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 7:52:36 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't
remember ever meeting (or first generation
reliable source hearing about) a child
injured by a lawn mower.

.

I know of two.

When I was very small, the neighbor's kid was hit by a thrown stone and killed.

So that's one.

Which wouldn't have been helped by any kind of cutout switch.

A push mower can throw a stone just as easily. Neither of them would usually kill anyone. Probably just as likely to be killed by a fly entering your eye while cycling, causing you to be temporarily blinded and crash headlong into a tree.

Because of that, my Dad refused to ever have a power mower, so I mowed the lawn with a manual push mower until I left the house.

that's two.

How is it two? You weren't injured.

Whoosh!

A "push mower" is not a "power mower"
It works on muscle power.

Clare, just curious...

This is the second time today that you have responded to *my* response
to Mr. Birdbrain with a comment that seems to be directed at him.

I don't mind hearing from you, but I'm wondering why you aren't responding
directly to his (ridiculous) posts instead of mine.

Because I don't see birdbrain's posts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's funny because he doesn't see mine!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

He doesn't see mine because I plonked him ages ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Uh.... if you plonked me, that means YOU don't see ME, not the other way round. Are you thinking of facebook?

--
Phone answering machine message: 'If you want to buy marijuana, press the hash key.'
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No, because you want to respond to me even though you've killfiled me. You lack conviction.

--
Peter is listening to "Who's the best - DJ Mad Dog feat. Tommyknocker"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/23/2016 04:11 AM, Bod wrote:

[snipPPPPPP]

A clutch switch!? Sensible people start their cars in neutral.
Checking if a car is in neutral is the FIRST thing you should check
before attempting to start a car.

[retroposted from April 23 3016]

In 2895, they passed a law requiring that all vehicles must me started
in reverse.

--
"Prayer, the last refuge of a scoundrel" -- Lisa Simpson

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/23/2016 05:00 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

[snip]

Yah, kids don't use lawnmowers they play video games. Sheeeesh!

Do Americans still do those "chore" things? When I was a kid in the UK,
I was always amazed that American kids had to do regular work around the
house. If UK kids did anything like that, they were paid for it, or
they refused to do it.

When I was a kid in central US, I wished my parents wanted me to mow the
lawn.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Illusions die hard and it is painful to yield to the insight that a
grown-up can be no man's disciple." [Sheldon B. Kopp]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2016 7:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 7:05:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 09:56:34 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Clare, just curious...

This is the second time today that you have responded to *my* response
to Mr. Birdbrain with a comment that seems to be directed at him.

I don't mind hearing from you, but I'm wondering why you aren't responding
directly to his (ridiculous) posts instead of mine.

Because I don't see birdbrain's posts.

That's funny because he doesn't see mine!

This has all the makings of a really great comedy.
"Who sees McCaw?"
"I don't know."
"Hoo!"
"I don't know Hoo."
"Hoo don't you know?"
"I see."
"I don't see."
"What?"
"I don't see hoo, no matter what."
"You don't what, hoo?"
"Hoo's the guy?"
"Right. I don't see hoo."
"You don't see Hoo, what?"

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Can you see the problem when you killfile someone, Clare?
Killfiling creates its own communication problems :-)

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cutting in reverse / Who sees McCaw?

wrote:

[...]

(non posted, as yours was.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It's some silly game that trolls play. They like to reply with no text, I think it means they're giving a blank look or something. Whatever it is, they think they're being clever.

--
Just got back from my mate's funeral. He died after being hit on the head with a tennis ball. It was a lovely service.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 May 2016 03:30:36 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[...]

That sounds like a Marx Brothers sketch. A bit dated really.

--
America remains the international benchmark for institutionalised stupidity. -- Neil Allen, circa 2014

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Idiot. It was nothing more that an inadvertent tap of the post button on an iPad.

You think you're so smart, but you're just a fool.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 May 2016 02:38:54 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 05/23/2016 05:00 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

[snip]

Yah, kids don't use lawnmowers they play video games. Sheeeesh!

Do Americans still do those "chore" things? When I was a kid in the UK,
I was always amazed that American kids had to do regular work around the
house. If UK kids did anything like that, they were paid for it, or
they refused to do it.

When I was a kid in central US, I wished my parents wanted me to mow the
lawn.

Because you found it a fun thing to do?
Because you were bored?
Because they made you do worse things?

--
Love conquers all, except in tennis.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 May 2016 02:36:42 +0100, hah wrote:

On 05/23/2016 04:11 AM, Bod wrote:

[snipPPPPPP]

A clutch switch!? Sensible people start their cars in neutral.
Checking if a car is in neutral is the FIRST thing you should check
before attempting to start a car.

[retroposted from April 23 3016]

In 2895, they passed a law requiring that all vehicles must me started
in reverse.

Quite likely the way things are going.

--
A penny saved is ridiculous.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 May 2016 23:38:34 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2016 23:30:12 -0400, Micky
wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2016 19:18:35 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2016 16:13:07 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/22/2016 9:30 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 07:46:51 -0400, Stormin Mormon
In my life, mower pull cords are a disposable
item like gasoline and spark plugs.
Usually get 10 years on a cord - 5 or more on a plug

Mine has gone through two or three cords and
one recoil in the last year.
The last engine on my mawer was a Briggs and Stratton. I have owned
the mower for about 25 years. I replaved the recoil clutch on it about
15 years ago, and the rope about 8 years ago. I replacewd the engine 4
or 5 years ago. It was about 12 or 15 years old when I bought it -
wirh a new rope abd carb rebuild just before I got it.

I think I replaced the plug once in the years I had it..

I broke the rope on my last big snow-blower once in the 30 years I
owned it (it also was a used unit - over 10 years old, when I bought
it. I replaced the engine once as well. Tecumseh HS50.

I had a B&S for a push mower and the recoil spring broke. Bought 2
new ones and each one broke. the T-part at the end, that holds the end
in place, broke off.

What was I don't wrong?

My English is failing. I think the word should have been "doing"!

Likely winding it too tight.

I'm trying to remember details. Maybe that was it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

FrozenNorth wrote in
:

In article ,
KenK wrote:

I use a Battery Tender charger to keep my deep discharge 12V backup
battery charged. This battery is used to provide me with a fan and a
light, if needed, at home during a power outage.

After no problems for years the past few days the charger has started
blinking its green light for a while, the steady green again after a
few hours. The manual says the light blinks when the battery reaches
70% charge. This is occuring during a normal period of no power
outages. So it seems to only be supposed to happen when charging.
Normal charge condition is shown by steady creen light, which was the
usual condition in the past.

Anyone familiar with this charger? Any suggestions? Just ignore it?

KenK-

As others mentioned, you need to keep tabs on the fluid level in a
lead-acid battery.

I do, usually monthly. Once in a great while it needs a bit of water.
That's the first thing I looked at when this problem started - water
level normal.

I have a "Battery Tender Plus" charger connected to the battery in a
Honda generator. I do not remember the symptoms, but the first
battery died after several years. The battery is a gel-cell, the kind
used in a motorcycle.

It is always possible the charger has malfunctioned, but I would
suspect the battery first.

Fred

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 1:38:01 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
FrozenNorth wrote in
:

In article ,
KenK wrote:

[...]

What is this doing in the Cutting In Reverse thread?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Storming moron's personal subject lines

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 May 2016 11:40:38 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

You left out red bellied Brit trolls
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

You left out red bellied Brit trolls

Well, I certainly would have left out "Brit" in any description where
nationality wasn't relevant.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bird Brain''s personal subject lines

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

Thanks, Derby. As to McCaw, I presume you never
write about battery chargers under the subject
line of mower stops in reverse?

You won't see my post, cause Derby plonked
you. Or some thing like that.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 12345678

On Wed, 25 May 2016 21:06:36 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

Thanks, Derby. As to McCaw, I presume you never
write about battery chargers under the subject
line of mower stops in reverse?

You are the only person I have ever seen that likes to change the subject line. It's utterly pointless and stands out like a sore thumb

--
"The man who invented cats eyes got the idea when he saw a cat facing him in the middle of the road. If the cat had been facing the other way, he would have invented the pencil sharpener." - Ken Dodd.
/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 May 2016 21:06:36 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

Thanks, Derby. As to McCaw, I presume you never
write about battery chargers under the subject
line of mower stops in reverse?

You won't see my post, cause Derby plonked
you. Or some thing like that.

I plonked him, Clare and Gunner plonked me.

--
Two crows together is an attempted murder.

Cutting in reverse Herb Eneva Home Repair 4 May 12th 13 06:58 PM
Reverse Air con [email protected][_2_] UK diy 28 October 21st 11 06:09 PM
Looking for a Reverse Mortgage in N.CA A VFW Home Ownership 0 August 15th 08 02:18 PM
Reverse tap? goodolpete UK diy 11 July 24th 08 12:46 PM
reverse gloat Grant Erwin Metalworking 2 September 14th 05 05:16 PM