Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting in reverse

This spring I got a new bolens model 760 riding lawnmower and am very
satisfied with it except that when I put it in reverse with the blades
engaged the engine dies. I assume this is normal. Since I don`t have
any kids or pets I would like to be able to cut in reverse. What do I
need to do to fix the problem? Thank you
for any info Herb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/12/2013 12:11 PM, Herb Eneva wrote:
This spring I got a new bolens model 760 riding lawnmower and am very
satisfied with it except that when I put it in reverse with the blades
engaged the engine dies. I assume this is normal. Since I don`t have
any kids or pets I would like to be able to cut in reverse. What do I
need to do to fix the problem? Thank you
for any info Herb

If the ignition key has three positions the one in the middle allows
cutting in both directions. Sears brand made by Husqvarna is the one
what I have.

John
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/12/13 12:11 PM, Herb Eneva wrote:
This spring I got a new bolens model 760 riding lawnmower and am very
satisfied with it except that when I put it in reverse with the blades
engaged the engine dies. I assume this is normal. Since I don`t have
any kids or pets I would like to be able to cut in reverse. What do I
need to do to fix the problem? Thank you
for any info Herb

According to MTD/Bolens web site re Troubleshooting:

"Mower will not cut in reverse"
Possible Causes Corrective Actions
Safety switch It is a safety feature. You
must disengage cutting deck
before putting mower in reverse.

Our John Deere has a push button to allow cutting in reverse as needed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/12/2013 1:12 PM, Retired wrote:
On 5/12/13 12:11 PM, Herb Eneva wrote:
This spring I got a new bolens model 760 riding lawnmower and am very
satisfied with it except that when I put it in reverse with the blades
engaged the engine dies. I assume this is normal. Since I don`t have
any kids or pets I would like to be able to cut in reverse. What do I
need to do to fix the problem? Thank you
for any info Herb

According to MTD/Bolens web site re Troubleshooting:

"Mower will not cut in reverse"
Possible Causes Corrective Actions
Safety switch It is a safety feature. You
must disengage cutting deck
before putting mower in reverse.

Our John Deere has a push button to allow cutting in reverse as needed.

If so I would rule out that brand.

Too bad, I have a Bolens weed eater that I have been trying to kill for
years by using way over sized line but it refuses to die once started.

Starting the 2 stroke sucker is the issue and the reason I am trying to
find an excuse to replace it. The instructions say prime it with 10
shots which just floods it. Sometimes 3, sometimes 5, sometimes
uncountable primes & pulls needed.

But no matter how far I fling the leaky little sucker cause it wont
start, it just keeps wackin' those weeds w/ double .095 line.

Sigh,
John

Reverse Air con [email protected][_2_] UK diy 28 October 21st 11 06:09 PM
Reverse tap? goodolpete UK diy 11 July 24th 08 12:46 PM
Reverse Polarity Bill[_7_] Electronic Schematics 32 September 20th 07 11:52 PM
The one that got away - reverse gloat lens Metalworking 0 May 10th 06 06:59 AM
R/C car wont go in reverse Leonard Caillouet Electronics Repair 5 May 9th 05 08:20 AM