Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default cutting in reverse

On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 1:38:01 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
FrozenNorth wrote in
:

In article ,
KenK wrote:

I use a Battery Tender charger to keep my deep discharge 12V backup
battery charged. This battery is used to provide me with a fan and a
light, if needed, at home during a power outage.

After no problems for years the past few days the charger has started
blinking its green light for a while, the steady green again after a
few hours. The manual says the light blinks when the battery reaches
70% charge. This is occuring during a normal period of no power
outages. So it seems to only be supposed to happen when charging.
Normal charge condition is shown by steady creen light, which was the
usual condition in the past.

Anyone familiar with this charger? Any suggestions? Just ignore it?

KenK-

As others mentioned, you need to keep tabs on the fluid level in a
lead-acid battery.

I do, usually monthly. Once in a great while it needs a bit of water.
That's the first thing I looked at when this problem started - water
level normal.

I have a "Battery Tender Plus" charger connected to the battery in a
Honda generator. I do not remember the symptoms, but the first
battery died after several years. The battery is a gel-cell, the kind
used in a motorcycle.

It is always possible the charger has malfunctioned, but I would
suspect the battery first.

Fred

What is this doing in the Cutting In Reverse thread?