Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Storming moron's personal subject lines

On Wed, 25 May 2016 20:28:37 +0100, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 25 May 2016 11:40:38 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

You left out red bellied Brit trolls

Americans have bigger bellies, they're all obese.

--
If god is so amazing, why did the dinosaurs die out?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bird Brain''s personal subject lines

On Wed, 25 May 2016 16:06:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

If you insist on changing subject lines it would be nice if you had the thoughtfulness to remove the "" at the beginning
so one wouldn't have to search for a nonexistent the original post.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/25/2016 6:26 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 16:06:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

If you insist on changing subject lines it would be nice if you had the thoughtfulness to remove the "" at the beginning
so one wouldn't have to search for a nonexistent the original post.

I'll offer a trade. You quote properly, please.
The bottom text is from Derby, and the top
author (me) has no quoted text. A casual reader
might mistakenly think I called McCaw names.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 May 2016 00:48:18 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 6:26 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 16:06:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

If you insist on changing subject lines it would be nice if you had the thoughtfulness to remove the "" at the beginning
so one wouldn't have to search for a nonexistent the original post.

I'll offer a trade. You quote properly, please.
The bottom text is from Derby, and the top
author (me) has no quoted text. A casual reader
might mistakenly think I called McCaw names.

It's quoted perfectly well, you're the one that can't understand simple indents.

--
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca the Younger 4 b.c.- 65 a.d.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 6:27:11 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 16:06:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

If you insist on changing subject lines it would be nice if you had the thoughtfulness to remove the "" at the beginning
so one wouldn't have to search for a nonexistent the original post.

Why did you snip out Stormy's text?

Since your comment was directed at him, it would have been nice if you had
left his text in the post. Things get pretty confusing when you don't.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 7:59:56 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2016 00:48:18 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 6:26 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 16:06:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

If you insist on changing subject lines it would be nice if you had the thoughtfulness to remove the "" at the beginning
so one wouldn't have to search for a nonexistent the original post.

I'll offer a trade. You quote properly, please.
The bottom text is from Derby, and the top
author (me) has no quoted text. A casual reader
might mistakenly think I called McCaw names.

It's quoted perfectly well, you're the one that can't understand simple indents.

The fact is that you are absolutely wrong...

Gordon snipped out Stormy's text when he responded to Stormy's post. Stormy
is correct in chastising Gordon for improperly quoting.

If you had (bird)brains enough to follow the "simple indents" you'd know that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/05/2016 21:14, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 21:06:36 +0100, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

Thanks, Derby. As to McCaw, I presume you never
write about battery chargers under the subject
line of mower stops in reverse?

You won't see my post, cause Derby plonked
you. Or some thing like that.

I plonked him, Clare and Gunner plonked me.

Aagh! we're surrounded by plonkers! ;-)

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 12345678

"Mr Macaw" writes:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 21:06:36 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

Thanks, Derby. As to McCaw, I presume you never
write about battery chargers under the subject
line of mower stops in reverse?

You are the only person I have ever seen that likes to change the subject line. It's utterly pointless and stands out like a sore thumb

To be fair, it was Usenet convention to change the subject line
when the subject changed (e.g. Subject: Fred (was Joe)). The
threading is preserved by the References: header.

However, since eternal september started, the conventions have gone the way
of the Dodo.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 May 2016 13:57:53 +0100, Scott Lurndal wrote:

"Mr Macaw" writes:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 21:06:36 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

Thanks, Derby. As to McCaw, I presume you never
write about battery chargers under the subject
line of mower stops in reverse?

You are the only person I have ever seen that likes to change the subject line. It's utterly pointless and stands out like a sore thumb

To be fair, it was Usenet convention to change the subject line
when the subject changed (e.g. Subject: Fred (was Joe)). The
threading is preserved by the References: header.

However, since eternal september started, the conventions have gone the way
of the Dodo.

I've been using newsgroups since 1995, and I've never seen anyone change the subject line.
Most conventions in usenet are stupid and best ignored.
Adjusting the subject line every time is tedious and amounts to OCD.

--
I thought the wife would be the ideal candidate for a new TV show.
Turns out I got it all wrong and the program's called Fact Hunt.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cutting in reverse

On Thu, 26 May 2016 13:57:00 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 1:01:09 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 15:20:50 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 9:11:58 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 4:45:12 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2016 18:20:14 +0100, Frank "frank wrote:

On 5/21/2016 12:58 PM, wrote:
When I`m using the riding mower and put it in reverse with the blades engaged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and then back up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clear. How can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb

Government mandated rules are to protect the dumbest among us.

Er..... how is cutting in reverse more dangerous than cutting going forwards?

Going backwards you could fall off backwards and have the mower go over
you. Going forward that can't happen, or at least it's much harder to
happen.

That implies the mower has poor stability.

No it doesn't.

Then why does it fall over?

--
"Take off lid and push up bottom." (From a stick deodorant label)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mom! Billy's getting car sick!

On 5/26/2016 8:57 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
"Mr Macaw" writes:

You are the only person I have ever seen that likes to change the subject line. It's utterly pointless and stands out like a sore thumb

To be fair, it was Usenet convention to change the subject line
when the subject changed (e.g. Subject: Fred (was Joe)). The
threading is preserved by the References: header.

However, since eternal september started, the conventions have gone the way
of the Dodo.

What would you think, if you went to the
library to check out "Tom Sawyer". You got
home and found that the book had changed
four times, and now it was a book on
Egyptian pottery. I get the same reaction
when I open a post that says "incandescent
can lights in the unfinished cellar" and
find a post about a lawn mower with a
mystery vibration.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/25/2016 8:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 6:27:11 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
If you insist on changing subject lines it would be nice if you had the thoughtfulness to remove the "" at the beginning
so one wouldn't have to search for a nonexistent the original post.

Why did you snip out Stormy's text?

Since your comment was directed at him, it would have been nice if you had
left his text in the post. Things get pretty confusing when you don't.

Don't we have one thread already about
dishonest editing and agenda based
quoting of interview subjects?

"I've never been fond of the night life,
night clubbing, and the folks who say ooh
baby this sure is the way to seals up a good
time, party to death. I'd rather be home
where there is no one to molest my rights,
and my expenses are small. Know what I mean,
boys?"

AS SEEN ON KATIE COURIC:
"I've been fond of
clubbing,
baby seals
to death. I'd rather be home
molest
small
boys?"

Brought to you by the liberal media, the
number 3, and the letter L.

--
..
Cookie Monster A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/25/2016 8:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Why did you snip out Stormy's text?

Katie Couric would like to know why you
promote violence such as clubbing baby
seals to death and snipping Stormy?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mr Macaw" writes:

You are the only person I have ever seen that likes to change the subject line. It's utterly pointless and stands out like a sore thumb

To be fair, it was Usenet convention to change the subject line
when the subject changed (e.g. Subject: Fred (was Joe)). The
threading is preserved by the References: header.

However, since eternal september started, the conventions have gone the way
of the Dodo.

What would you think, if you went to the
library to check out "Tom Sawyer". You got
home and found that the book had changed
four times, and now it was a book on
Egyptian pottery. I get the same reaction
when I open a post that says "incandescent
can lights in the unfinished cellar" and
find a post about a lawn mower with a
mystery vibration.

Well everybody else doesn't find it a problem. Conversations drift, that's the art of conversation. It's a hassle to rewrite the subject all the time, and impossible if the conversation branches into three within the same post.

As for your analogy, I'd not expect a book to be entirely on one topic. Other things would get mentioned.

--
I was at an ATM yesterday when a little old lady asked if I could check her balance, so I pushed her over.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2016 12:58 PM, wrote:
When I`m using the riding mower and put it in reverse with the blades engaged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and then back up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clear. How can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb

Government mandated rules are to protect the dumbest among us.

Er..... how is cutting in reverse more dangerous than cutting going forwards?

Going backwards you could fall off backwards and have the mower go over
you. Going forward that can't happen, or at least it's much harder to
happen.

That implies the mower has poor stability.

No it doesn't.

Then why does it fall over?

Reading comprehension problem? I never said the mower falls over, I said
it's possible to fall over backwards while in reverse and have the mower
run you over with the blades engaged. Another reason would be that you
can't see behind you well when backing up.

I assumed you meant the mower falls over tipping you off, because otherwise you have a basic misunderstanding of the laws of physics, especially momentum.

--
Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. After marriage, the 'Y' becomes silent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 May 2016 14:54:13 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 8:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Why did you snip out Stormy's text?

Katie Couric would like to know why you
promote violence such as clubbing baby
seals to death and snipping Stormy?

Religion promotes violence, so PKB.

--
I consider exercise vulgar, it makes people smell. -- Alec Yuill Thornton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2016 12:58 PM, wrote:
[...]

I understand physics very well. With a tractor backing up at a constant
speed, in a straight line, there is no momentum issue with regard to falling one way or the other. Newton figured that out 400 years ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.legal

Cutting in reverse, stitching foreskins back on ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 May 2016 17:50:39 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 6:27:11 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 16:06:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

If you insist on changing subject lines it would be nice if you had the thoughtfulness to remove the "" at the beginning
so one wouldn't have to search for a nonexistent the original post.

Why did you snip out Stormy's text?

Since your comment was directed at him, it would have been nice if you had
left his text in the post. Things get pretty confusing when you don't.

Would you believe I made a mistake?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 12:54:16 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 17:50:39 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 6:27:11 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 16:06:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

If you insist on changing subject lines it would be nice if you had the thoughtfulness to remove the "" at the beginning
so one wouldn't have to search for a nonexistent the original post.

Why did you snip out Stormy's text?

Since your comment was directed at him, it would have been nice if you had
left his text in the post. Things get pretty confusing when you don't.

Would you believe I made a mistake?

Yes I would. Thanks for the acknowledgment. Hopefully that will eliminate
the confusion on birdbrain's part, but I doubt it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 May 2016 11:53:27 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

Would you believe I made a mistake?

Golly Gee. It can't be the first one.
--
"Your brain is so scary sometimes... it really is."-Jedediah Bila...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Would you believe I made a mistake?

Golly Gee. It can't be the first one.

Yes it was! It all depends on when you start counting. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Would you believe I made a mistake?

Golly Gee. It can't be the first one.

Yes it was! It all depends on when you start counting. ;-)

The last time I was wrong it was a mistake.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 1:02:16 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 19:48:18 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 6:26 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 16:06:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/25/2016 2:40 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 2:31:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Stop changing the subject line or I'll brand you a troll.

Pot, kettle, idiot

If you insist on changing subject lines it would be nice if you had the thoughtfulness to remove the "" at the beginning
so one wouldn't have to search for a nonexistent the original post.

I'll offer a trade. You quote properly, please.
The bottom text is from Derby, and the top
author (me) has no quoted text. A casual reader
might mistakenly think I called McCaw names.

I apparently made a mistake in snipping. Sorry.

What trade are you proposing, that you will remove the "" at the beginning of all the subject lines you rename if I never
make another mistake? It's a deal!

Wait! Don't take that deal. I'm not a lawyer, but I do play one on usenet.

Based on the terms of your proposed deal "if I never make another mistake"
means that Stormy doesn't have to remove the "" until you "never make
another mistake". We won't know if that has happened until the end of time.

Well, at least until the end of your time if we are speaking in the terrestrial
sense, even longer if we believe in an after-life.

Your deal should be structured such that Stormy will remove the "" *now*
based on your promise not to make another mistake, along with a clause that
states what will happen if you do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2016 12:53 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 17:50:39 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

Why did you snip out Stormy's text?

Since your comment was directed at him, it would have been nice if you had
left his text in the post. Things get pretty confusing when you don't.

Would you believe I made a mistake?

Where's the flame? I mean, this is unheard of!

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 May 2016 19:18:53 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/26/2016 12:53 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 17:50:39 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

Why did you snip out Stormy's text?

Since your comment was directed at him, it would have been nice if you had
left his text in the post. Things get pretty confusing when you don't.

Would you believe I made a mistake?

Where's the flame? I mean, this is unheard of!

Maybe you should adjust your attitude if everybody flames you.

--
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess, Will you marry me? The Princess said; No!!! So the Prince lived happily ever after and rode Harley Davidson motorcycles and banged skinny long-legged big-titted broads and hunted and fished and raced cars and went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and banged cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and ate spam and potato chips and beans and blew enormous farts and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was freak'in cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up.
The end.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2016 11:08 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

As for your analogy, I'd not expect a book to be entirely on one topic.
Other things would get mentioned.

Really? I have a book on 1950's automobiles and now find out it is
defective. There is no mention of ships or airplanes and not a single
meatloaf recipe. Damn, nothing but cars.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 May 2016 11:09:29 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

I apparently made a mistake in snipping. Sorry.

What trade are you proposing, that you will remove the "" at the beginning of all the subject lines you rename if I never
make another mistake? It's a deal!

Wait! Don't take that deal. I'm not a lawyer, but I do play one on usenet.

Based on the terms of your proposed deal "if I never make another mistake"
means that Stormy doesn't have to remove the "" until you "never make
another mistake". We won't know if that has happened until the end of time.

Well, at least until the end of your time if we are speaking in the terrestrial
sense, even longer if we believe in an after-life.

Your deal should be structured such that Stormy will remove the "" *now*
based on your promise not to make another mistake, along with a clause that
states what will happen if you do.

Stormy, based on the advice of my esteemed counsel I hereby wish to withdraw my previous proposal and submit the following
for your consideration if approved by DerbyDad03:

"From the moment you, Stormin Mormon, agree to this proposal; when changing a subject line for any reason you, Stormin
Mormon, conceive you will remove the " " at the beginning of the new subject line. This is not limited to only the " "
at the beginning, but any and all indication that there was a prior original post. And I, Gordon Shumway (my name is as real
as Stormy's too) will never ever admit to another mistake for the rest of my life."

Does that new proposal pass your inspection Derbydad03?

P.S.: Your retainer is in the mail.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 5:42:29 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
[...]

Stormy, I'm switching sides. Don't take this deal. He's asking you to do what he wants and
all he has to do is not admit to further mistakes. He's not saying he won't make mistakes,
just that he won't admit to them. I don't like it.

P.S.: Your retainer is in the mail.

I lost my retainer back when I was a teenager. Had to go to the orthodontist to get
a new one. Dad was ****ed. Where did you find it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bad analogies

On Thu, 26 May 2016 21:46:11 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/26/2016 11:08 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

As for your analogy, I'd not expect a book to be entirely on one topic.
Other things would get mentioned.

Really? I have a book on 1950's automobiles and now find out it is
defective. There is no mention of ships or airplanes and not a single
meatloaf recipe. Damn, nothing but cars.

Now you've changed from fiction book to non-fiction books to suit your argument.

--
Cold showers/baths/swimming:
1) Cure Hayfever. Apparently this is due to the strengthening effect on the mucous membranes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 May 2016 22:41:43 +0100, Gordon Shumway wrote:

[...]

All lawyers should be drowned at birth. Call it a baptising catastrophe if you have to.

--
In 2005 eight Brits (All Scottish) cracked their skulls while throwing up into the toilet.

Cutting in reverse Herb Eneva Home Repair 4 May 12th 13 06:58 PM
Reverse Air con [email protected][_2_] UK diy 28 October 21st 11 06:09 PM
Looking for a Reverse Mortgage in N.CA A VFW Home Ownership 0 August 15th 08 02:18 PM
Reverse tap? goodolpete UK diy 11 July 24th 08 12:46 PM
reverse gloat Grant Erwin Metalworking 2 September 14th 05 05:16 PM