Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mom! Billy's getting car sick!

On 5/26/2016 8:57 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
"Mr Macaw" writes:

You are the only person I have ever seen that likes to change the subject line. It's utterly pointless and stands out like a sore thumb

To be fair, it was Usenet convention to change the subject line
when the subject changed (e.g. Subject: Fred (was Joe)). The
threading is preserved by the References: header.

However, since eternal september started, the conventions have gone the way
of the Dodo.

What would you think, if you went to the
library to check out "Tom Sawyer". You got
home and found that the book had changed
four times, and now it was a book on
Egyptian pottery. I get the same reaction
when I open a post that says "incandescent
can lights in the unfinished cellar" and
find a post about a lawn mower with a
mystery vibration.

-
..