Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default cutting in reverse

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 22 May 2016 17:55:36 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

What on earth is a clutch switch? I've driven two cars with no clutch cable, you start it in 1st then change gear carefully.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Clutch+switch
The switch that makes sure you have your foot on the clutch before
the engine will crank

In 1972 I bought a Dodge with that switch. I had driven manual shift
cars over the years and had had that one for several days. I got some
gas and could not get it started. It was as if the battery was dead.
The service station man told me to push in the clutch. I did and it
started.

I had a habit of puting a 4 speed in neutral and starting the car. I
must have been doing that and pushing in the clutch for the 2 or 3 days
I had had that car. That was the first manual car I had been in that
has that clutch switch.