Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cutting in reverse

On Sun, 22 May 2016 16:13:07 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/22/2016 9:30 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 07:46:51 -0400, Stormin Mormon
In my life, mower pull cords are a disposable
item like gasoline and spark plugs.

Usually get 10 years on a cord - 5 or more on a plug

Mine has gone through two or three cords and
one recoil in the last year.

The last engine on my mawer was a Briggs and Stratton. I have owned
the mower for about 25 years. I replaved the recoil clutch on it about
15 years ago, and the rope about 8 years ago. I replacewd the engine 4
or 5 years ago. It was about 12 or 15 years old when I bought it -
wirh a new rope abd carb rebuild just before I got it.

I think I replaced the plug once in the years I had it..

I broke the rope on my last big snow-blower once in the 30 years I
owned it (it also was a used unit - over 10 years old, when I bought
it. I replaced the engine once as well. Tecumseh HS50.