Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cutting in reverse

On Sun, 22 May 2016 16:14:15 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/22/2016 9:34 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 07:52:40 -0400, Stormin Mormon
You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't
remember ever meeting (or first generation
reliable source hearing about) a child
injured by a lawn mower.

I have. My kid brother lost a finger. on a push mower.

Sorry to hear that. Do you encourage the
mandatory safeties on mowers? Do you ever
tell people how to bypass safeties?

I generally encourage the safeties be maintained. The blade brake on
current machines id a bit of a pain. Mine is old enough not to have
one.

I have dissabled the clutch switch on my truck - I want to be able to
run the truck off the road on the starter if necessary if the engine
fails - and if I loose the clutch I can start the truck in gear and
drive without the clutch to get me home.

I'm the only person who drives the truck (20 years old, 343,000km)