Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amazon Prime Day Is July 15:

FYI

"Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015, with more
deals than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from
electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and
garden, sports and outdoor items and more."

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=11448061011
--
Liberals are like Chameleons. They keep changing colors. -- © Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/13/2015 2:02 PM, Oren wrote:

FYI

"Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015, with more
deals than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from
electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and
garden, sports and outdoor items and more."

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=11448061011

I accidentally signed up for the prime trial period with Amazon last
Christmas season. It was cool to save on shipping but not worth the
prime cost to me. Took a lot of fiddling around on their website to get
off it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 14:50:59 -0400, Frank "frank
wrote:

On 7/13/2015 2:02 PM, Oren wrote:

FYI

"Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015, with more
deals than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from
electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and
garden, sports and outdoor items and more."

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=11448061011

I accidentally signed up for the prime trial period with Amazon last
Christmas season. It was cool to save on shipping but not worth the
prime cost to me. Took a lot of fiddling around on their website to get
off it.

I read some lady figured out her prime account did not actually save
her money on shipping. I guess it matters how much you purchase?

Over ~$35 is often free for shipping.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/13/2015 2:02 PM, Oren wrote:

FYI

"Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015, with more
deals than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from
electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and
garden, sports and outdoor items and more."

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=11448061011

I accidentally signed up for the prime trial period with Amazon last
Christmas season. It was cool to save on shipping but not worth the
prime cost to me. Took a lot of fiddling around on their website to
get off it.

I read some lady figured out her prime account did not actually save
her money on shipping. I guess it matters how much you purchase?

Over ~$35 is often free for shipping.

I thought one of the bennies of Prime was unlimited streaming on Roku and
other streaming services . Isn't it only like 30 bucks a year ?

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-07-13, Terry Coombs wrote:

I thought one of the bennies of Prime was unlimited streaming on Roku and
other streaming services . Isn't it only like 30 bucks a year ?

It began @ $80 yr and then increased to $100 yr. It combines online
movie streaming plus daily movie rentals. If you are remote, like
myself, living 100 mi from closest urban center, it's a good deal.
Jes for giggles, I bought a single Amazon item for $2.55. It arrived
on my doorstep exactly 2 days later. I didn't renew. The extra $20
cost and my overall reduced spending made it not worth while.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-07-13, Terry Coombs wrote:

I thought one of the bennies of Prime was unlimited streaming on
Roku and other streaming services . Isn't it only like 30 bucks a
year ?

It began @ $80 yr and then increased to $100 yr. It combines online
movie streaming plus daily movie rentals. If you are remote, like
myself, living 100 mi from closest urban center, it's a good deal.
Jes for giggles, I bought a single Amazon item for $2.55. It arrived
on my doorstep exactly 2 days later. I didn't renew. The extra $20
cost and my overall reduced spending made it not worth while.

nb

If we could get local channels OTA I'd drop satellite in a heartbeat and go
with Prime or something similar . We have a Roku and a good 'net connection
, but ya can't get local/daily network content online (that I know of) . But
we live in a clearing in the woods down in The Holler , and we can't even
get decent radio reception much less digital TV signals .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/13/2015 3:19 PM, Oren wrote:

I read some lady figured out her prime account did not actually save
her money on shipping. I guess it matters how much you purchase?

Over ~$35 is often free for shipping.

It is not for everyone, but it works for me. Yes, shipping is free over
$35 but it takes about a week. If you need something sooner, it will
cost..We also take advantage of some of the movies and music. I don't
have to wait if I want something until I can group $35 of stuff, like
some medical supplies.

In 2009 I placed 2 order with Amazon. No need for Prime.
In 2014 I placed 40 orders with Amazon. Got my moneys worth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/13/2015 2:02 PM, Oren wrote:

FYI

"Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015, with more
deals than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from
electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and
garden, sports and outdoor items and more."

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=11448061011

I accidentally signed up for the prime trial period with Amazon last
Christmas season. It was cool to save on shipping but not worth the
prime cost to me. Took a lot of fiddling around on their website to get
off it.

I read some lady figured out her prime account did not actually save
her money on shipping. I guess it matters how much you purchase?

Over ~$35 is often free for shipping.

That's basically what I've seen. Once got it on a ~$125 microwave oven.

Also got it once on a $5 USB connector and with warehouse close by it
came in two days.

Prime is now about $100/year and does include benefits beyond shipping
but not worth it to me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/13/2015 02:19 PM, Oren wrote:

I read some lady figured out her prime account did not actually save
her money on shipping. I guess it matters how much you purchase?

If Amazon Prime saves me one ****ing trip to the ****ing mall, I consider it a win.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/14/2015 5:19 AM, Rowan Pope wrote:
On 07/13/2015 02:19 PM, Oren wrote:

I read some lady figured out her prime account did not actually save
her money on shipping. I guess it matters how much you purchase?

If Amazon Prime saves me one ****ing trip to the ****ing mall, I
consider it a win.

You just pay the shipping. I doubt if Amazon has an item that costs
more than the cost of prime to ship.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/13/2015 1:02 PM, Oren wrote:

FYI

"Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015,

Oh, boy. The RWNJs are going to be in a tizzy over this. Amazon's part
of the Jade Helm conspiracy!!!!!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/13/2015 3:56 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

I thought one of the bennies of Prime was unlimited streaming on Roku and
other streaming services . Isn't it only like 30 bucks a year ?

As other posters have mentioned, it's $100/year now. You do get access
to a lot of free online content, including movies, tv shows, and
music. I have it not so much for the free shipping, but for the access
to the free online content. I'm only a casual tv/movie watcher, so
cable never made financial sense for me, but Amazon Prime does. I can
watch a lot of cable tv series via Prime for no additional charge.

I did once buy a MoJack on Amazon, and the free shipping for something
that heavy was definitely a good deal, and getting it in two days was
a nice bonus.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-07-14, Rowan Pope wrote:

If Amazon Prime saves me one ****ing trip to the ****ing mall, I
consider it a win.

Specially if the closest mall is 200 mi, round trip.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

I am not a Prime member.

On Amazon's Prime Day, can I sign up for Prime, order an item then immediately cancel Prime?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/14/2015 2:15 PM, gary wrote:
I am not a Prime member.

On Amazon's Prime Day, can I sign up for Prime, order an item then immediately cancel Prime?

Yes, if it is a trial period, but as I tried to point out, you may have
to scratch around their website quite a bit on how to figure out how to
cancel. If not, they have your credit card on file when you sign up and
they will start charging you.

Funny Pickles cartoon about them this am:

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles

Once my wife asked me how to call them to order something she saw online

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 14:26:56 -0400, Frank "frank
wrote:

Funny Pickles cartoon about them this am:

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles

I like Mallard Fillmore cartoons. On your link I found another that
is funny. http://www.gocomics.com/henrypayne#mutable_1321472

Mallard Fillmore

http://jewishworldreview.com/strips/mallard/2000/mallard060815.php3
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 2:27:04 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 7/14/2015 2:15 PM, gary wrote:
I am not a Prime member.

On Amazon's Prime Day, can I sign up for Prime, order an item then immediately cancel Prime?

Yes, if it is a trial period, but as I tried to point out, you may have
to scratch around their website quite a bit on how to figure out how to
cancel. If not, they have your credit card on file when you sign up and
they will start charging you.

Funny Pickles cartoon about them this am:

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles

Once my wife asked me how to call them to order something she saw online

Just FYI...Your link is updated daily to display the current day's cartoon.

As time goes forward, users will need to backtrack to see the July 14th Amazon related cartoon.

Obviously, if they go back in time, they will have to forward-track to see the July 14th cartoon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/14/2015 2:15 PM, gary wrote:
I am not a Prime member.

On Amazon's Prime Day, can I sign up for Prime, order an item then immediately cancel Prime?

Yes, if it is a trial period, but as I tried to point out, you may have
to scratch around their website quite a bit on how to figure out how to
cancel. If not, they have your credit card on file when you sign up and
they will start charging you.

Funny Pickles cartoon about them this am:

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles

Once my wife asked me how to call them to order something she saw online

Just FYI...Your link is updated daily to display the current day's cartoon.

As time goes forward, users will need to backtrack to see the July 14th Amazon related cartoon.

Obviously, if they go back in time, they will have to forward-track to see the July 14th cartoon.

I knew since link did not point to a specific cartoon. No way to pin it
down.

Another comment on prime:
Listening to woman today on TV discussing.
Trial period is one month and afterwards cost is $99.
Pretty sure when I accidentally signed up for it and cancelled right
away, I still got the full month of use.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 Jul 2015, Frank "frank wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I knew since link did not point to a specific cartoon. No way to
pin it down.

Yes there is. After you go to a specific day's comic, the date will
appear in the URL. Suchly:

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2015/07/14

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2015/07/15
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/15/2015 5:55 PM, Nil wrote:
On 15 Jul 2015, Frank "frank wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I knew since link did not point to a specific cartoon. No way to
pin it down.

Yes there is. After you go to a specific day's comic, the date will
appear in the URL. Suchly:

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2015/07/14

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2015/07/15

Thanks.

Have to make note of that.

I had just googled Pickles cartoon to find and maybe that is why the url
was not specific.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 5:55:31 PM UTC-4, Nil wrote:
On 15 Jul 2015, Frank "frank wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I knew since link did not point to a specific cartoon. No way to
pin it down.

Yes there is. After you go to a specific day's comic, the date will
appear in the URL. Suchly:

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2015/07/14

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2015/07/15

I'm not sure what you are getting at.

When I clicked on Frank's link, the URL in the address bar was just http://www.gocomics.com/pickles

Where/when is it supposed to change to include the date?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 Jul 2015, DerbyDad03 wrote in
alt.home.repair:

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 5:55:31 PM UTC-4, Nil wrote:
On 15 Jul 2015, Frank "frank wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I knew since link did not point to a specific cartoon. No way
to pin it down.

Yes there is. After you go to a specific day's comic, the date
will appear in the URL. Suchly:

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2015/07/14

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2015/07/15

I'm not sure what you are getting at.

When I clicked on Frank's link, the URL in the address bar was
just http://www.gocomics.com/pickles

Yes. It took you to today's comic, which was not the one he wanted to
show.

Where/when is it supposed to change to include the date?

Click on the , , calendar, , or icons above the strip to go
to another day's entry.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 9:02:54 PM UTC-4, Nil wrote:
[...]

Ok, that makes sense. So your response was for Frank, who originally posted the generic link. Me, as the user of Frank's link, had no way of knowing that the Amazon related comic was on the 14th.

Bottom line: When posting a link to "today's" comic that we want to work forever, we have to access today's comic, then back up at least one day and then come forward back to "today" to get the complete link...or add the date manually.

Got it! Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 7/13/2015 3:19 PM, Oren wrote:

I read some lady figured out her prime account did not actually save
her money on shipping. I guess it matters how much you purchase?

Over ~$35 is often free for shipping.

It is not for everyone, but it works for me. Yes, shipping is free over
$35 but it takes about a week. If you need something sooner, it will
cost..We also take advantage of some of the movies and music. I don't
have to wait if I want something until I can group $35 of stuff, like some
medical supplies.

In 2009 I placed 2 order with Amazon. No need for Prime.
In 2014 I placed 40 orders with Amazon. Got my moneys worth.

I don't order enough or watch enough to make it worth while.

I have noticed that for some reason the order will lay around for about a
week before they ship it out on the over $ 35 free shipping, then it gets to
the house in 3 or 4 days.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/15/2015 12:24 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 2:27:04 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 7/14/2015 2:15 PM, gary wrote:
I am not a Prime member.

[Snip]
http://www.gocomics.com/pickles

Once my wife asked me how to call them to order something she saw online

Just FYI...Your link is updated daily to display the current day's cartoon.

As time goes forward, users will need to backtrack to see the July 14th Amazon related cartoon.

Obviously, if they go back in time, they will have to forward-track to see the July 14th cartoon.

Just for future reference. If you want the "permalink" to that drawing,
just place the cursor on the comic, right click the mouse and select

The result is: http://www.gocomics.com/pickles#mutable_1321944

which will always direct you back to THAT particular cartoon until they
take it off the server.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 1:02:08 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
FYI

"Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015, with more
deals than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from
electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and
garden, sports and outdoor items and more."

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=11448061011
--

I actually ordered several items from Amazon on the 15th and I'm assured delivery by the 17th. All were presents for Chromie my cute little Chromebook.. I ordered a 2Gb memory stick to bring the memory up to 4Gb, a rechargeable Bluetooth mouse and Bluetooth headphones equipped with a microphone. I wore out the cord on my USB mouse and the new headset should make it fun for me to experiment with video chat. I've ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon in the last few years and have never had a problem with delivery. Their customer service has always been good to me. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Chrome Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 22:59:34 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

I have noticed that for some reason the order will lay around for about a
week before they ship it out on the over $ 35 free shipping, then it gets to
the house in 3 or 4 days.

Yeah, I just noticed they started doing that. I ordered some PC stuff
from Amazon and Newegg on Sunday.
The Newegg stuff was shipped Monday, and arrived on Thursday.
The Amazon stuff wasn't shipped until Thursday, and arrived the
following Monday.
Big difference.
Since they started charging state sales tax, I only buy from Amazon
when I can't find it elsewhere, or the total Amazon price is the best.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-07-16, Vic Smith wrote:

from Amazon and Newegg on Sunday.

Be aware that Newegg has a 15% restocking charge, should you return
something. When I learned this, I eschewed Newegg for TigerDirect,
which, at the time, did not have a restocking charge. Unfortunately,
TD has lately instituted the very same 15% restocking charge.

jes an FYI,
nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have noticed that for some reason the order will lay around for about a
week before they ship it out on the over $ 35 free shipping, then it gets
the house in 3 or 4 days.

Yeah, I just noticed they started doing that. I ordered some PC stuff
from Amazon and Newegg on Sunday.
The Newegg stuff was shipped Monday, and arrived on Thursday.
The Amazon stuff wasn't shipped until Thursday, and arrived the
following Monday.
Big difference.
Since they started charging state sales tax, I only buy from Amazon
when I can't find it elsewhere, or the total Amazon price is the best.

As for the sales tax, if the order is fulfiled by Amazon they charge tax,
but if from one of their other sources they don't charge tax.

Many places I order from charge tax as they often have a store in the state.
I just ordered a TV on line from Best Buy. They charged tax. There are
some stores around here,but they are at least a 20 to 30 mile trip. That
is about $ 5 or $ 6 worth of gas. The shipping is free and no worry if the
item is in stock or not when I get there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Except for a hidden 3/4 percent transfer tax, we have no sales tax in
Delaware.

Probably a reason that Amazon has a big shipping facility here. Some
state want to charge tax on orders shipped from their state. Not sure
any have implemented but the threat is there.

I get stuff fast but believe some items available from Amazon suppliers
are shipped by the supplier and it may take longer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
Except for a hidden 3/4 percent transfer tax, we have no sales tax in

Delaware.

Probably a reason that Amazon has a big shipping facility here. Some state
want to charge tax on orders shipped from their state. Not sure any have
implemented but the threat is there.

I get stuff fast but believe some items available from Amazon suppliers
are shipped by the supplier and it may take longer.

I don't even know the state tax in NC, but on a $ 150 TV it was $ 10
yesterday shipped from Best Buy.

The suppliers seem to send out within a day or so to me, the Amazon
warehouse is the slowest for me with the free shipping.

I just ordered a $ 20 item and the supplier sent it the next day (ordered
late in the day) and is on the way priority mail .

I have ordered from China (off Ebay) on the same day as from Amazon and the
China order gets here first.

I can't really complain about most of the shipping now. I remember when it
was look at an item in a catalog. Order it by mail and wait for it to come.
Usually took about a month for all that to hapen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 7:38:32 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/13/2015 3:19 PM, Oren wrote:

I read some lady figured out her prime account did not actually save
her money on shipping. I guess it matters how much you purchase?

Over ~$35 is often free for shipping.

It is not for everyone, but it works for me. Yes, shipping is free over
$35 but it takes about a week.

I don't order a lot of Amazon, but the things I have, seemed to me
that while they say free regular shipping can take a week, in
reality it shows up in around 3 days anyway. And like others, I
don't buy enough that it's worth $99 a year for Prime.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-07-16, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Usually took about a month for all that to hapen.

This still happens!!

When I had Prime, Amazon would always have it on my doorstep (UPS)
within 2 days, as promised. This would only occur if Amazon was the
shipper and the customer had Amazon Prime.

Even with Prime, not all shipments are handled this way. I ordered a
used book (not shipped by Amazon) and it took almost one month to get
to me. I didn't even know USPS could be this slow!! And all within
continental US borders. Heck, even an order from Japan (again, Amazon
was not the shipper) only took 10 days.

So, as usual, it's still caveat emptor. Actually, not so much
"beware" of. Mostly "be aware".

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

I don't order a lot of Amazon, but the things I have, seemed to me
that while they say free regular shipping can take a week, in
reality it shows up in around 3 days anyway.

Usually 2 days for me. But the fact that Amazon has a large warehouse
5 miles away may have something to do with it.

And like others, I
don't buy enough that it's worth $99 a year for Prime.

Free ebooks, songs, photo storage, and movies are included.

I already have Netflix and Usenet. So I too pass.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message ...

On 7/13/2015 2:02 PM, Oren wrote:

FYI

"Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015, with more
deals than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from
electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and
garden, sports and outdoor items and more."

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=11448061011

I accidentally signed up for the prime trial period with Amazon last
Christmas season. It was cool to save on shipping but not worth the
prime cost to me. Took a lot of fiddling around on their website to get
off it.

Only because the machine is smarter, Frank.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/15/2015 10:59 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

In 2009 I placed 2 order with Amazon. No need for Prime.
In 2014 I placed 40 orders with Amazon. Got my moneys worth.

I don't order enough or watch enough to make it worth while.

I have noticed that for some reason the order will lay around for about a
week before they ship it out on the over $ 35 free shipping, then it gets to
the house in 3 or 4 days.

Priorities. They get the overnight out first, then the Prime 2 day, and
fill in the rest of the day with the free shipping orders. If it is a
busy day and they had to work OT to finish the priority orders, yours
will just sit.

Also acts as an incentive for borderline customers to decide to get Prime.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/16/2015 12:38 AM, Vic Smith wrote:

Since they started charging state sales tax, I only buy from Amazon
when I can't find it elsewhere, or the total Amazon price is the best.

Technically, they are not "charging" sales tax, but are collecting it
for the state you live in.

Look at the convenience though. Amazon takes the tax for you
eliminating the need for you to file a Use Tax form with your state and
pay them directly.

It is part of our double standard. When we see a wealthy person get
jailed for tax evasion we cheer tha the SOB got caught. When we buy
mail order and don't pay the sales tax, we consider it a benefit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/16/2015 02:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Since they started charging state sales tax, I only buy from Amazon
when I can't find it elsewhere, or the total Amazon price is the best.

Technically, they are not "charging" sales tax, but are collecting it
for the state you live in.

Look at the convenience though. Amazon takes the tax for you
eliminating the need for you to file a Use Tax form with your state and
pay them directly.

It is part of our double standard. When we see a wealthy person get
jailed for tax evasion we cheer tha the SOB got caught. When we buy
mail order and don't pay the sales tax, we consider it a benefit.

Amazon collects Sales Tax only for certain states -- presumably the ones
where they have facilities. I've never paid Sales Tax on Amazon orders,
and there's an option on the state Income Tax form to have Sales/Use Tax
computed as a percentage of income. Even if Amazon did charge Sales/Use
Tax *and* shipping, most things would still be cheaper than buying locally.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

The states not only want to collect the tax from the state the item is
sent to but also the state is was sent from.

Don't think the latter, sender states collect as big shippers like
Amazon threaten to move out of these states taking lots of jobs with them.

Old mail order, catalog days taxes were collected for states shipped to.

Not sure what is happening today with internet orders as mentioned
before, I live in sales tax free Delaware. Shopping centers loaded with
cars from surrounding states.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:12:35 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

Amazon collects Sales Tax only for certain states -- presumably the ones
where they have facilities. I've never paid Sales Tax on Amazon orders,
and there's an option on the state Income Tax form to have Sales/Use Tax
computed as a percentage of income. Even if Amazon did charge Sales/Use
Tax *and* shipping, most things would still be cheaper than buying locally.

Perce

There is no state income tax in Nevada. Amazon has a warehouse ~15
miles locally. NOW Amazon collects the state sales tax for the state.

The Nevada state sales tax rate is 6.85%, and the average NV sales tax
after local surtaxes is 7.94%.

Groceries and prescription drugs are exempt from the Nevada sales tax
Counties and cities can charge an additional local sales tax of up to
1.25%, for a maximum possible combined sales tax of 8.1%
Nevada has 249 special sales tax jurisdictions with local sales taxes
in addition to the state sales tax
Nevada has a lower state sales tax than 75% of states

http://www.tax-rates.org/nevada/sales-tax

Veterans can get exemption for taxes at the DMV in my county.

[OT] Netflix, Amazon Prime, Amazon Fire etc. News UK diy 29 July 30th 15 10:37 PM
OT - Amazon Prime David UK diy 50 December 2nd 14 10:12 PM
TV Streaming Head-to-Head: Netflix vs Hulu vs Amazon Prime Metspitzer Home Repair 1 March 5th 14 03:54 AM
What is Amazon thinking? Yet another Amazon post Mark & Juanita Woodworking 13 December 9th 05 03:52 AM
Window sills: Prime, Paint Caulk or Prime Caulk Paint? Alan Smithee Home Repair 4 April 18th 05 04:03 PM