Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Amazon Prime Day Is July 15:

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
Except for a hidden 3/4 percent transfer tax, we have no sales tax in

Delaware.

Probably a reason that Amazon has a big shipping facility here. Some state
want to charge tax on orders shipped from their state. Not sure any have
implemented but the threat is there.

I get stuff fast but believe some items available from Amazon suppliers
are shipped by the supplier and it may take longer.

I don't even know the state tax in NC, but on a $ 150 TV it was $ 10
yesterday shipped from Best Buy.

The suppliers seem to send out within a day or so to me, the Amazon
warehouse is the slowest for me with the free shipping.

I just ordered a $ 20 item and the supplier sent it the next day (ordered
late in the day) and is on the way priority mail .

I have ordered from China (off Ebay) on the same day as from Amazon and the
China order gets here first.

I can't really complain about most of the shipping now. I remember when it
was look at an item in a catalog. Order it by mail and wait for it to come.
Usually took about a month for all that to hapen.