Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Amazon Prime Day Is July 15:

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 9:02:54 PM UTC-4, Nil wrote:
On 15 Jul 2015, DerbyDad03 wrote in
alt.home.repair:

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 5:55:31 PM UTC-4, Nil wrote:
On 15 Jul 2015, Frank "frank wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I knew since link did not point to a specific cartoon. No way
to pin it down.

Yes there is. After you go to a specific day's comic, the date
will appear in the URL. Suchly:

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2015/07/14

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2015/07/15

I'm not sure what you are getting at.

When I clicked on Frank's link, the URL in the address bar was
just http://www.gocomics.com/pickles

Yes. It took you to today's comic, which was not the one he wanted to
show.

Where/when is it supposed to change to include the date?

Click on the , , calendar, , or icons above the strip to go
to another day's entry.

Ok, that makes sense. So your response was for Frank, who originally posted the generic link. Me, as the user of Frank's link, had no way of knowing that the Amazon related comic was on the 14th.

Bottom line: When posting a link to "today's" comic that we want to work forever, we have to access today's comic, then back up at least one day and then come forward back to "today" to get the complete link...or add the date manually.

Got it! Thanks.