Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_23_] Frank[_23_] is offline

Default Amazon Prime Day Is July 15:

On 7/16/2015 9:58 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 22:59:34 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

I have noticed that for some reason the order will lay around for about a
week before they ship it out on the over $ 35 free shipping, then it gets
the house in 3 or 4 days.

Yeah, I just noticed they started doing that. I ordered some PC stuff
from Amazon and Newegg on Sunday.
The Newegg stuff was shipped Monday, and arrived on Thursday.
The Amazon stuff wasn't shipped until Thursday, and arrived the
following Monday.
Big difference.
Since they started charging state sales tax, I only buy from Amazon
when I can't find it elsewhere, or the total Amazon price is the best.

As for the sales tax, if the order is fulfiled by Amazon they charge tax,
but if from one of their other sources they don't charge tax.

Many places I order from charge tax as they often have a store in the state.
I just ordered a TV on line from Best Buy. They charged tax. There are
some stores around here,but they are at least a 20 to 30 mile trip. That
is about $ 5 or $ 6 worth of gas. The shipping is free and no worry if the
item is in stock or not when I get there.

Except for a hidden 3/4 percent transfer tax, we have no sales tax in
Delaware.

Probably a reason that Amazon has a big shipping facility here. Some
state want to charge tax on orders shipped from their state. Not sure
any have implemented but the threat is there.

I get stuff fast but believe some items available from Amazon suppliers
are shipped by the supplier and it may take longer.