Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amazon Prime Day Is July 15:

On 7/16/2015 3:25 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:12:35 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

Amazon collects Sales Tax only for certain states -- presumably the ones
where they have facilities. I've never paid Sales Tax on Amazon orders,
and there's an option on the state Income Tax form to have Sales/Use Tax
computed as a percentage of income. Even if Amazon did charge Sales/Use
Tax *and* shipping, most things would still be cheaper than buying locally.

Perce

There is no state income tax in Nevada. Amazon has a warehouse ~15
miles locally. NOW Amazon collects the state sales tax for the state.

The Nevada state sales tax rate is 6.85%, and the average NV sales tax
after local surtaxes is 7.94%.

Groceries and prescription drugs are exempt from the Nevada sales tax
Counties and cities can charge an additional local sales tax of up to
1.25%, for a maximum possible combined sales tax of 8.1%
Nevada has 249 special sales tax jurisdictions with local sales taxes
in addition to the state sales tax
Nevada has a lower state sales tax than 75% of states

http://www.tax-rates.org/nevada/sales-tax

Veterans can get exemption for taxes at the DMV in my county.

Delaware does have a transfer fee on cars of about 3.5%. It's not
considered a tax as is a similar house transfer fee of about 2% and you
cannot itemize on a tax return.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 14:55:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/16/2015 12:38 AM, Vic Smith wrote:

Since they started charging state sales tax, I only buy from Amazon
when I can't find it elsewhere, or the total Amazon price is the best.

Technically, they are not "charging" sales tax, but are collecting it
for the state you live in.

Look at the convenience though. Amazon takes the tax for you
eliminating the need for you to file a Use Tax form with your state and
pay them directly.

haha.
I just bought @$800 in computer parts. After figuring prices it was
about $70 cheaper buying from Newegg.
I pay 9.25% sales tax where I live.
Shipping cost is better at Newegg, and it's faster.
Not knocking Amazon. I buy a lot from them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 11:16:34 AM UTC-5, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 14:55:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/16/2015 12:38 AM, Vic Smith wrote:

Since they started charging state sales tax, I only buy from Amazon
when I can't find it elsewhere, or the total Amazon price is the best.

Technically, they are not "charging" sales tax, but are collecting it
for the state you live in.

Look at the convenience though. Amazon takes the tax for you
eliminating the need for you to file a Use Tax form with your state and
pay them directly.

haha.
I just bought @$800 in computer parts. After figuring prices it was
about $70 cheaper buying from Newegg.
I pay 9.25% sales tax where I live.
Shipping cost is better at Newegg, and it's faster.
Not knocking Amazon. I buy a lot from them.

I got the stuff today I ordered from Amazon on the 15th. I got a Bluetooth mouse to replace the little USB mouse I wore out and Bluetooth headphones with built-in mic to use instead of my unwieldy big wired headphones. I also got a 2Gb memory stick to bring my little Chromebook up to 4Gb because I tend to have a lot of tabs open. The Bluetooth devices are working perfectly and the headset may make it possible for me to play around with video chat.. I just got out of bed and wheeled myself to the bathroom and the Bluetooth headphones didn't miss a beat while I listened to streaming talk radio from the little Chromebook. Tomorrow, I'll roll down the hall and check the range of these headphones. These Bluetooth devices are pretty cool. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Blue Monster

[OT] Netflix, Amazon Prime, Amazon Fire etc. News UK diy 29 July 30th 15 10:37 PM
OT - Amazon Prime David UK diy 50 December 2nd 14 10:12 PM
TV Streaming Head-to-Head: Netflix vs Hulu vs Amazon Prime Metspitzer Home Repair 1 March 5th 14 03:54 AM
What is Amazon thinking? Yet another Amazon post Mark & Juanita Woodworking 13 December 9th 05 03:52 AM
Window sills: Prime, Paint Caulk or Prime Caulk Paint? Alan Smithee Home Repair 4 April 18th 05 04:03 PM