Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default What is Amazon thinking? Yet another Amazon post

Got the mail today. I got not one, not two, but three Amazon tools and
hardware catalogs. These are not duplicates to variations on an address,
but each one is a unique catalog with its own catalog number. Haven't
spent any time to compare prices :-)

I realize Christmas season is upon us, but this doesn't make any sense at
all.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

"bob" wrote:

I likewise got three last week....

So far all I've had is a lump of coal.

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Got the mail today. I got not one, not two, but three Amazon tools
and
hardware catalogs. These are not duplicates to variations on an
address, but each one is a unique catalog with its own catalog
number. Haven't spent any time to compare prices :-)

I realize Christmas season is upon us, but this doesn't make any
sense at
all.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robin Lee

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Got the mail today. I got not one, not two, but three Amazon tools and
hardware catalogs. These are not duplicates to variations on an address,
but each one is a unique catalog with its own catalog number. Haven't
spent any time to compare prices :-)

I realize Christmas season is upon us, but this doesn't make any sense

at
all.

-----+

-----+

Mark -

Believe it or not - it makes sense to do from a revenue standpoint. Mutliple
mailings - even if it's the same piece, increases response rates, response
frequency, and total net revenue.

It is, however, a wasteful practice that rewards the practicioner... (we try
to avoid it here).

Cheers -

Rob

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Got the mail today. I got not one, not two, but three Amazon tools and
hardware catalogs. These are not duplicates to variations on an address,
but each one is a unique catalog with its own catalog number. Haven't
spent any time to compare prices :-)

I realize Christmas season is upon us, but this doesn't make any sense at
all.

Lee Valley sent me three within a reasonable time span.
After the Hardware catalogue, the 'Early Christmas Catalogue' before THE
Christmas catalogue was a nice addition.

It just confirmed my earlier suspicions that Robin is dangerous and
resistance is futile.

Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

Robin Lee wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Got the mail today. I got not one, not two, but three Amazon tools and
hardware catalogs.

[snip]
Mark -

Believe it or not - it makes sense to do from a revenue standpoint. Mutliple
mailings - even if it's the same piece, increases response rates, response
frequency, and total net revenue.

It is, however, a wasteful practice that rewards the practicioner... (we try
to avoid it here).

Cheers -

Rob

And I get all kinda gloomy and stuff if I don't get my two or three
Harbor Frights every week.
whine,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robin Lee

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Got the mail today. I got not one, not two, but three Amazon tools

and
hardware catalogs. These are not duplicates to variations on an

address,
but each one is a unique catalog with its own catalog number. Haven't
spent any time to compare prices :-)

I realize Christmas season is upon us, but this doesn't make any sense

at
all.

Lee Valley sent me three within a reasonable time span.
After the Hardware catalogue, the 'Early Christmas Catalogue' before THE
Christmas catalogue was a nice addition.

It just confirmed my earlier suspicions that Robin is dangerous and
resistance is futile.

Ah - but those were three different pieces....that's fair game...

Cheers -

Rob

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Got the mail today. I got not one, not two, but three Amazon tools and
hardware catalogs. These are not duplicates to variations on an address,
but each one is a unique catalog with its own catalog number. Haven't
spent any time to compare prices :-)

I realize Christmas season is upon us, but this doesn't make any sense at
all.

Can I send you my Christmas list? I promise to include only items that
appear in those catalogs. ,g

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
"bob" wrote:

I likewise got three last week....

So far all I've had is a lump of coal.

I got a rock

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Frank Drackman wrote:

I got a rock

are you an island?

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
jo4hn wrote:

And I get all kinda gloomy and stuff if I don't get my two or three
Harbor Frights every week.

You seem like a nice enough guy. Tell you what. I will circle all the numbers on
one of those 'Get More Info' cards you find in magazines sometimes. eMail me
your snail-mail address, I'll take care of the rest.

A friend of mine helped out one of our buddies by doing just that. He ended up
getting him on hundreds of mailing lists that way. The mail kept coming for
years!! By the arm-full! Never a gloomy moment again!

That particular card came out of Bridal Magazine.
I hear that investment-type magazines can be really helpful too!

I'm so glad I can help!

Cheer UP!! Help is on the way!

Rob
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article , David
wrote:

Frank Drackman wrote:

I got a rock

are you an island?

Dave

Deep
Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
jo4hn wrote:

And I get all kinda gloomy and stuff if I don't get my two or three
Harbor Frights every week.

You seem like a nice enough guy. Tell you what. I will circle all the numbers on
one of those 'Get More Info' cards you find in magazines sometimes. eMail me
your snail-mail address, I'll take care of the rest.

A friend of mine helped out one of our buddies by doing just that. He ended up
getting him on hundreds of mailing lists that way. The mail kept coming for
years!! By the arm-full! Never a gloomy moment again!

That particular card came out of Bridal Magazine.
I hear that investment-type magazines can be really helpful too!

I'm so glad I can help!

Cheer UP!! Help is on the way!

Rob

Nah. I'm not gonna do that to poor old Mark over at the Post Office.
We get tons of paper catalogs from companies from whom we have never
ordered anything (understandable) nor anything via snail mail (not quite
so understandable). Most of our shopping is done via the web.
my puzzler is sore,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:23:38 -0500, "Robin Lee" wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
.. .

Got the mail today. I got not one, not two, but three Amazon tools and
hardware catalogs. These are not duplicates to variations on an address,
but each one is a unique catalog with its own catalog number. Haven't
spent any time to compare prices :-)

I realize Christmas season is upon us, but this doesn't make any sense

at
all.

Mark -

Believe it or not - it makes sense to do from a revenue standpoint. Mutliple
mailings - even if it's the same piece, increases response rates, response
frequency, and total net revenue.

I recognize that multiple mailings help enhance revenue by keeping one's
name before buyers. But that usually happens over a period of days or
weeks. It doesn't seem like having multiple mailings show up on the same
day would have the same effect.