Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amazon Prime Day Is July 15:

On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 11:16:34 AM UTC-5, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 14:55:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/16/2015 12:38 AM, Vic Smith wrote:

Since they started charging state sales tax, I only buy from Amazon
when I can't find it elsewhere, or the total Amazon price is the best.

Technically, they are not "charging" sales tax, but are collecting it
for the state you live in.

Look at the convenience though. Amazon takes the tax for you
eliminating the need for you to file a Use Tax form with your state and
pay them directly.

haha.
I just bought @$800 in computer parts. After figuring prices it was
about $70 cheaper buying from Newegg.
I pay 9.25% sales tax where I live.
Shipping cost is better at Newegg, and it's faster.
Not knocking Amazon. I buy a lot from them.

I got the stuff today I ordered from Amazon on the 15th. I got a Bluetooth mouse to replace the little USB mouse I wore out and Bluetooth headphones with built-in mic to use instead of my unwieldy big wired headphones. I also got a 2Gb memory stick to bring my little Chromebook up to 4Gb because I tend to have a lot of tabs open. The Bluetooth devices are working perfectly and the headset may make it possible for me to play around with video chat.. I just got out of bed and wheeled myself to the bathroom and the Bluetooth headphones didn't miss a beat while I listened to streaming talk radio from the little Chromebook. Tomorrow, I'll roll down the hall and check the range of these headphones. These Bluetooth devices are pretty cool. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Blue Monster