Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Jewish Pirates.

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:55:37 -0400, "Sanity" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 17:18:48 -0400, "Sanity" wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:

There's NEVER been a war in which we NEEDED your help, dumbass.
There
have
been at least two really big ones in which you needed ours, though.
If it
wasn't for the U.S., you'd be writing your posts in German.

I don't think so on the last.

Britain perhaps would not have WON WWII, but they would not have
LOST.

By the time the U.S. entered the war, Hitler had abandoned plans to
invade
Britain.

Who supplied England with all their weapons, munitions, food, etc.?
?They
even put up the crown jewels as collateral but never repaid the US
anyway.
And Hitler didn't abandon conquering England. He just put it off till
he
won
on the other fronts. ?I see you're not a history major.- Hide quoted
text -

Once again you show your ignorance you retard.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6215847.stm

I apologize. England did pay it's debt. Thank you.

How much did they pay for the little white crosses?

Most Brits payed with their thanks. EXCEPT THE INGRATE BIGOT, HARRY

Oh, he's not alone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:55:37 -0400, "Sanity" wrote:

. ..

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:

[...]

These friggin ingrates should be made to visit all the American cemetery's
in Europe and see what we gave up for them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:

[...]

Most Brits payed with their thanks. EXCEPT THE INGRATE BIGOT, HARRY- Hide quoted text -

I just want you to know you only played a part in the war. It was not
a US war. It was a world war. It revolved around the UK because it
was nearest to the action in the west. But the Russions did more than
anyone in the East. Millions of other nations died (including
French) Just get it out of your head, the USA did not win the war.
The rest of the world plus the USA won the war.
You could not have won alone. You were too far away and you didn't
have the technology. You did have the industrial capacity.
But you were dragged into the war. You didn't come rushing to our aid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 1:41�am, "Sanity" wrote:
wrote in message

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:55:37 -0400, "Sanity" wrote:

. ..

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:

[...]

in Europe and see what we gave up for them.- Hide quoted text -

Why do you think we're there in Iraq and Afghanistan?
I have visited them. There are bigger cemeteries for other nations.
Have you been?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:

[...]

You keep on thinking that. Keep re-writing history. Russia fought the war on
their ground for most of the war time. Who was it that fought the war in
Africa? Not Russia. Who fought in Italy? Not Russia. Who landed in
Normandy? Not Russia. Who supplied all the Allies with supplies? Not
Russia or England or France. What a difference in people who survived the
blitzkrieg to the ****s like you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 9, 1:41�am, "Sanity" wrote:
wrote in message

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:55:37 -0400, "Sanity" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:

[...]

Have I been? I fought in several of them. I told you I was in the military.
I saw friends of mine die or get maimed. Have you ever served you piece of
****? We fought so that assholes like you can spot your bigotry and hate.
You visited a war cemetery. Because of us you're not buried in one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 10:05�am, "Sanity" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

On Jun 9, 1:41 am, "Sanity" wrote:
wrote in message

. ..

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:55:37 -0400, "Sanity" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:

[...]

You visited a war cemetery. �Because of us you're not buried in one.- Hide quoted text -

You're pretty nasty yourself. Which wars were these you fought in?

The USA needs a permanent war to enrich the owners of it's arms
factories and it's bankers. Since ww2 every war has been fought for
this purpose.
Not the defend America, to defend Israel. The latest wars (Iraq and
Afghanistan) were deliberately started by the USA for this purpose.
Meanwhile poor American boys are out there dying to enrich the already
wealthy and to defend the fascist Jews.
As soon as one war finishes, your lobby enriched politicians start
another.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 10:03�am, "Sanity" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

. ..

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:

[...]

blitzkrieg to the ****s like you.- Hide quoted text -

Exsctly so. The USA has never had a war fought over it,s territory
since the civil war. That's why 11/9 came as a big shock to you. We
had thousands of tons of bombs dropped on us. The Russians a had the
same plus their country was ravaged by the Nazi horde.. Never
happened i America. You have never experienced war 'til someone
dropped a little lamp oil in New York.
In the UK we built thousands of aircraft, ships tanks and other
machinery of war. You don't know about this because it's never
mentioned in your Hollywood education. We had the world's most
advanced fighter aircraft, bombers, navy and electronic devices.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:
[...]

I had sworn to ignore this long-OT thread, but I'll jump in once for
this. In 1966 or so, when De Gaulle had his snit and pulled France out
of military portion of NATO, and threw most non-French forces out of
France (like the US military tenants on their bases), LBJ sent a note
through State Dept asking if De Gaulle wanted US to remove the US
graveyards as well. De Gaulle shut up pretty quick, at least in the
press, after that. It was several years before LBJ's note was released
to historians, so as to not embarrass France.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

You're right the Frogs are scum. Especially De Gaulle

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 8, 4:06�am, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 02:16:10 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , "Sanity" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
We have been fighting tyrants for more than a thousand years.

True, but not in the way you intended. We have been fighting *against* tyrants
for over two hundred years -- and we started by fighting against the British
King.

But harry thinks all Colonist were loyal to the King. Little does he
know about guerilla tactics of the day. The Redcoats wanted to fight
after tea and crumpets, �and line-up for the fight. All prim and
proper like.

Sharpshooters, often woodsmen, were the snipers of the day. Follow
troops and snipe their asses. Move down the road and shoot some more!!

Hollywood hisory again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 9, 10:05�am, "Sanity" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

On Jun 9, 1:41 am, "Sanity" wrote:
wrote in message

. ..

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:55:37 -0400, "Sanity"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:

[...]

WW2 and Korean. Had I met your parents when I was in England I would have
forced your father to have a vasectomy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 9, 10:03�am, "Sanity" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:

[...]

I see you've been reading fiction again. What were all those American
merchant marine ships bringing to England and Russia? How many of our ships
and seamen were killed by U-boats bringing munitions, arms, airplane and
tanks to you? You're a ****ing ingrate with no true knowledge of what
happened. I was there. Where were you? The best part of you ran down your
fathers leg.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:
[...]

Yes, France is appreciative to us just like you are. Same scum.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 4:06�am, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 02:16:10 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , "Sanity"
wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
We have been fighting tyrants for more than a thousand years.

True, but not in the way you intended. We have been fighting *against*
tyrants
for over two hundred years -- and we started by fighting against the
British
King.

But harry thinks all Colonist were loyal to the King. Little does he
know about guerilla tactics of the day. The Redcoats wanted to fight
after tea and crumpets, �and line-up for the fight. All prim and
proper like.

Sharpshooters, often woodsmen, were the snipers of the day. Follow
troops and snipe their asses. Move down the road and shoot some more!!

Hollywood hisory again.

Just who in the hell do you think massacred the English? It wasn't the
Indians or the French. It was American farmers and woodsmen that couldn't
stand England or their King.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:19:06 -0400, "Sanity" wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 4:06?am, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 02:16:10 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , "Sanity"
wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

All the sharpshooters had to due was kill the Indian Scouts, then the
Redcoats were "lost" in the forest. Makes easy pickings for them to
then shoot the *******s.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/9/2010 2:16 PM, Sanity wrote:

"harry" wrote in message

[...]

I see the great student of history (Harry) wrote, "The USA has never had a war
fought over it,s territory since the civil war." I guess he never heard of
Pearl Harbor or any of the battles in the Pacific Theater to defend/reclaim the
Japanese invasion of US Pacific territories and islands. Nor did he hear of the
Japanese incendiary bombs that were floated over the US west coast, occasionally
causing damage. Nor did he hear of German sabotage teams that came ashore on
Long Island after exiting U boats in Long Island Sound.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

[...]

He (harry) thinks we stole the Aleutian Islands from Russia. He fails
to mention Japanese occupation after the "Civil War" (Brother -
Brother War, War of Northern Aggression).

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

[...]

Both you and I are the stupid ones trying to educate a person (?) that knows
it all. I think no matter what we say or proof we submit to "Mr. Oxford" he
will deny it and offer his own rendition. I would even suggest he speak to
his elders and find out the truth of how much we helped England in both
World Wars. He should also do a little studying about the conveys that
crossed the Atlantic bringing all those supplies to his country and to
Murmansk, Russia. Of course he would say those books were lying and only Al
Jazeera gives the correct facts.
I even told him that I'd be in London next month and offered to personally
'tutor' him on these subjects.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

The USA needs a permanent war to enrich the owners of it's arms
factories and it's bankers. Since ww2 every war has been fought for
this purpose.
Not the defend America, to defend Israel. The latest wars (Iraq and
Afghanistan) were deliberately started by the USA for this purpose.
Meanwhile poor American boys are out there dying to enrich the already
wealthy and to defend the fascist Jews.
As soon as one war finishes, your lobby enriched politicians start
another.

I can't see why you're so upset - we're not making war on England!

Wars keep us in a state of readiness. Since our military is a volunteer
force, I ask you who would volunteer if there was never a chance to kill
people and blow things up? Who would want to be a fireman if there were no
fires?

Now there ARE other military forces that are volunteers that don't go to war
(Sweden, Norway, etc.). And you may rightly point out that they don't have
any trouble filling the ranks! That's true, but they are not orientated to
combat. In the main the members volunteered so they could shower with other
naked men (or women).

No, our military consists of our warrior class. War is what they trained
for, what they live for, what they want, what they need.

Our troops are trained to kill and, unlike (for example) the Dutch Army,
they won't take weeks to kill each enemy.

As for "poor American boys out there dying to enrich the already
wealthy...," they signed up knowing the risks. Just like a mountain climber
or a race car driver. And, to them, it doesn't matter whether the rich are
further enriched by their efforts or the facist Jews are defended. All that
counts is how well a job they do as a warrior.

This is a concept that pussies will never grasp.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Exsctly so. The USA has never had a war fought over it,s territory
since the civil war. That's why 11/9 came as a big shock to you.

Hmm. There was Pearl Harbor, the Japanese invasion of the Aleutians, Guam,
and Wake Island. There was the takeover of our embassy in Iran.

The British Isles, themselves, haven't been invaded (I think) since the
Norman Conquest in 1066.

In the UK we built thousands of aircraft, ships tanks and other
machinery of war. You don't know about this because it's never
mentioned in your Hollywood education. We had the world's most
advanced fighter aircraft, bombers, navy and electronic devices.

Totally true. Each of the Allied Powers contributed what it could. England
supplied a delaying action and a staging area, Russia contributed hordes to
soak up bullets, American, with ten times the population and 100 times the
natural resources* of England, provided massive volumes of material and
troops.

France contributed the battlefield. And wine.

We each did what we could.

--------
* Many don't realize the immense size of the United States. Texas is larger
than France and more than three times the size of Great Britain.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:
[...]

I met the father of my old Hippie Freak room mate Saturday. My
roomy is turning 60 and his father who's in his late 80's was one
of the men who landed on the the beaches of Normandy June 6,1944.
When his father visited the old battlegrounds for the 60th anniversary
of the invasion, he didn't have to spend much money, the elderly
French people wouldn't let him. He was invited to many homes of the
people who were around during the occupation of their country by
the Germans and they remember who it was who came to the rescue.
The younger French people my not like Americans but if a youngster
looks at an American the wrong way in front of one of the old
Frenchman, the younger fellow my wind up getting whacked upside
the head with a walking stick by Grandpa Pierre.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 10:29�pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

Hawaii was not part of the USA 'til 1959. Niether was Alaska.
The British Isles had a small French invasion during the Napoleonic
wars quickly defeated and the channel islands were occupied in WW2. We
considered them indefensible. The population was removed to England.
The Russians had the world's best tank at that time, manufactured in
vast numbers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iosif_Stalin_tank
The world's biggest tank battle ever was fought at Kursk between the
Nazis and the Russians. The Russians won.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kursk
The Russian had their own aircraft factories too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-3
And the worlds best assault gun the AK-47. Still in use everywhere
today.
Australia, then part of the British Empire, has farms bigger than
Texas. So what? The British empire covered a quarter of the globe at
that time.

My point is, regardless of what you learnt from Hollywood and your
lack of knowledge of history the USA was not the sole contributer to
victory in WW2.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:
[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

There is a reason for this. (Though I agree the French are a
scurrilous race)
Since WW2 the USA has become the bully of the world. Meddling and
intervening purely to suit it's economic pursuits.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 10:17�pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

Wars build hatred, especially unneccesary wars. See where the USA's
interventionin Afghanistan helping the Mujahadeen against the Soviets
got you? 11/9 and the present war.. You can't beat a determined
population in a guerrilla war.
Your poor American boys are dupes of you government propaganda. As
you seem to be. And all the information is out there. No excuse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

[...]

'tutor' him on these subjects.- Hide quoted text -

Pearl Harbour was not in the USA. You stole Hawaii in 1959.
I see now why you call youreself sanity. The opposite is true. Of
course I know all about Atlantic Convoys and liberty ships &c. But
you know about nothing else.
And there you go again. WW1, you entered when it was nearly over.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_W...war_on_Germany
BTW, have you watched Aljazeera? They have offices in Washinton too.
I would say it's more factual then Fox news. They also have American
sport, weather and interesting social issues.
Why should I want to meet a mad old bat when there are millions of
sensible Americans out there? I didn't think they let 80+year olds on
aeroplanes for health reason. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

[...]

Brother War, War of Northern Aggression).- Hide quoted text -

Yes I know about those minor incursions.
I know you bought Alaska. You should sell it back to the Russians
along with the mad Palin cow. (Don't mention she's there, it will
reduce the price.)
Alaska was not in the USA 'til 1959.
Niether were any of the Pacific islands including Hawaii.
You tried to steal Cuba, so it would be an easy mistake for me to
make.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/10/2010 1:45 AM, harry wrote:

wrote in message
On Jun 9, 12:02 am, wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 17:18:48 -0400, wrote:

wrote in message

On Jun 8, 3:23?pm, wrote:
wrote in message

Doug Miller wrote:
[...]

Harry, if England were hit with some terrible catastrophe, natural
or in new speak, man caused disaster, do you think Americans would
stand idly by and not come to the aid of your country? I don't mean
the current administration or government, I mean Joe American, the
regular folks who make up the majority of the citizenry. I would do
what I could for my British cousins even though I'm not a wealthy chap.
I really believe most of the people I know would chip in somehow or
other regardless of their political ideology.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 9, 10:29�pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

Your statement verifies what I have been telling you all along. Regardless
of your love and affection of Al Jazeera and the muslims, they are far from
the real truth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jun 9, 10:17�pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

Don't the brits have 'boys' in Afghanistand too?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

"harry" wrote in message

[...]

You're right. Al Jazeera is as good as Fox and Fox is the worst in the
world. They are not a news stations. They are an entertainment station.
Their news is not factual. It's all commentary of Rupert Murdock the owner.
And don't forget and I'm willing to bet. This 80 year old can still kick
your ass all around Picidilly Circus. Maybe 80 year old Brits are sedentary
but this one is very active and in shape.

Don't forget to tell your loved ones as well as yourself to dress for really
hot weather where you ultimately are going. You know where, the place you
wish the Jews would go to.
You're an obnoxious 'know it all' that knows nothing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Sanity" wrote:

You're right. Al Jazeera is as good as Fox and Fox is the worst in the
world. They are not a news stations. They are an entertainment station.

As is most of the others. Pretty much always has been. I find it
interesting that the two more partisan cable outlets (Faux News or MSDNC
depending on your outlook) have the most viewers while the one that at
least pretends to be even-handed (CNN) not only has no cute nickname,
but continuously sucks hind teat in the ratings.

Their news is not factual. It's all commentary of Rupert Murdock the owner.

Most of their news is factual. It is just so little of what they put
out is news and such a high level is commentary.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
[...]

Dufas, I know you are a good guy as are most Americans. There's just a
few nutters like this (in)sanity fellow. I just love to wind them up.
Pretty easy, they are so stupid and mis-informed. :-)
But we can't have you Yanks massing with our history. I know you have
virtually none of your own & we don't mind lending you some. But we
don't like it being corrupted. Like this for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-571_(film)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_h...l_inaccuracies

This where half-wits like (in)sanity and beelzebub get their "facts"
from since they clearly never read a book.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 10, 1:18�pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

�"Sanity" wrote:

You're right. Al Jazeera is as good as Fox and Fox is the worst in the
world. They are not a news stations. They are an entertainment station.

� �As is most of the others. Pretty much always has been. I find it
interesting that the two more partisan cable outlets (Faux News or MSDNC
depending on your outlook) have the most viewers while the one that at
least pretends to be even-handed (CNN) not only has no cute nickname,
but continuously sucks hind teat in the ratings.

Their news is not factual. It's all commentary of Rupert Murdock the owner.

� � Most of their news is factual. It is just so little of what they put
out is news and such a high level is commentary.

--
� I want to find a voracious, small-minded predator
and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist

You have to get your news from all sources & try to deduce who is
lying.
I can get news from BBC, France, Europe, US, Russia, Aljaz, Japan by
satellite. Japan is the worst. The France24 ia actually pretty
good.

Aljazeera is interesting. They have lots about American society.
Especially the wackos. It's definitely trying to turn one's brain but
that's fine so long as you realise this. There are good
documentaries, as good as the BBC. Obviously someone is spending lots
of money. Almost no advertising.
The best thing about it is that they have fearless (or mad)
journalists. They got right under the phosphorus as it was falling in
Gaza. It was practically falling onto the camera lens.
We don't get Fox news here on the satellite. No-one would watch it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

�"Sanity" wrote:

[...]

You know, discussing anything with you is fruitless. You're a close-minded,
bigoted, racist, know-it-all ****wit. You keep believing what you want but
you're wrong. You are right. England defeated America in the revolution.
You're right. England won every war they ever fought and the world shudders
when they speak. You're right. You could have won both the world wars by
yourself. You just wanted to share the glory with America. And finally:
Per Capita, the Jews have more Nobel prize winners than any other country
(Gee, I think the arab nations have one for turning camel dung into crumpets
for the English).
Per Capita, the Jew have more college degreed persons than practically every
other nation in the world.
Israel, next to the US leads the world in technology. The have the most
patents for new innovations next to the US. (Gee, I think the arab nations
just patented a way to turn camel urine into tea for you).
Israel have one of the worlds largest pharmaceutical companys in the world
(TEVA) that supplies the largest amount of generic drugs worldwide. Oh, and
they have patents on some serious diseases such as MS.
Israel has one of the mightiest armies in the world and the most
intelligent. Most are either college degreed or finishing their college.
I could go on and on but I know it makes no sense to you because you're a
stupid, blindfolded moron.
Just remember. The Jews have survived people like you or worse than you for
over 5000 years. We'll be here when you're gone.
Out of respect to the other people on this forum I will not continue to
discuss this as this is the wrong place to do it. I apologize to them. You
can just keep rambling on and on. The people here will see what an idiot you
are. My regards to the old Englanders that went through the wars and fought
valiantly and my disgust to the likes of you who have never served or done
anything useful for humanity. Again, everything you wish Israel and the
Jewish people, I wish to you and your loved ones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

There is a reason for this. (Though I agree the French are a
scurrilous race)
Since WW2 the USA has become the bully of the world. Meddling and
intervening purely to suit it's economic pursuits.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

It's what countries do. Been going on for millennia.

Heck, there was even a time when American colonists couldn't even make a
shovel (so doing would compete with British foundries)! And don't get me
started about the British East India Company.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Wars build hatred, especially unneccesary wars. See where the USA's
interventionin Afghanistan helping the Mujahadeen against the Soviets
got you? 11/9 and the present war.. You can't beat a determined
population in a guerrilla war.

I agree that unnecessary wars build hatred. I'm still seething over our
Second War of Independence (1861-65). But we lost and I'm resigned to it.

As to guerrilla wars, not many succeed, er, that is where the insurgents
prevailed. Perhaps the Cuban Revolution (if you call that winning). At best,
"freedom fighters" can irritate the enemy, make the partisans feel good, and
cause the death of many innocents as the prevailing power retaliates, until,
in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth
to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Your poor American boys are dupes of you government propaganda. As
you seem to be. And all the information is out there. No excuse.

Our "poor American boys" are not dupes. I'll say it again: like
firefighters, our boys don't CARE who started the fire, whose fortune will
be saved or lost, or whether they're putting their own safety at risk. The
only thing that counts, for our warriors, is how many goblins they can kill
and how many things they can destroy. They're not called "Berserkers" for
drill!

And gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were
not there, and hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks that fought with
us...

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

harry wrote:

There is a reason for this. (Though I agree the French are a
scurrilous race)
Since WW2 the USA has become the bully of the world. Meddling and
intervening purely to suit it's economic pursuits.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

It's what countries do. Been going on for millennia.

Heck, there was even a time when American colonists couldn't even make a
shovel (so doing would compete with British foundries)! And don't get me
started about the British East India Company.

PJ has pretty much scoped out the French:
A moral compass needs a butt end. Whatever direction France is
pointing--from collaboration with the Nazis, acccomodation with the
Communists, existentialism, Jerry Lewis or a UN resolution veto-- we can
go the other waywith a quiet conscience.

--PJ O'Rourke

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

And gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were
not there, and hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks that fought with
us...

To my mind the best summation of the American outlook on these things
came from a Medical Examiner friend of mine immediately following 9-11.

"In the case of the 911 terrorist attacks, pacifism is not only
immoral, it is evil."

No, Wayne. It's not. It's our fundamental strength. The fact is that,
in spite of the misquided impression of the Islamic Fundamentalists
that we are decadent and weak, the exact opposite is true. Our
tradition is that, once we actually decide to act, America tends to be
profoundly ruthless.

There is that American archetype that we see over and over again (with
variants) in movies from High Noon to Death Wish to Rambo to "Outlaw
Josey Wales" to Unforgiven that we just love. It's that of the
basically peaceful guy who more-or-less turns the other cheek and plays
pacifist until something absolutely horrible happens. That gives him
the excuse to pick up his six-gun and kill everything in sight.

The American ethic is that it's wrong to take first blood, but after
that, all bets are off -- and God help anyone who gets in the way.

And that's sorta how we work as a nation. We piddle around and do
ineffectual things because we really don't want to get in a war. Kill a
few people in an embassy, and we grumble, but it just isn't *enough* to
make it OK to do what we want, because we *know* what we will do. But
we don't forget. We let it build up until we *do* get the excuse.

And when we decide we really do have an excuse, we put everything we
have into killing. We are the best killers in the history of humanity.
And we are happy to die in the process. The Moslem extremists don't
have anything on us when it comes to being willing to sacrifice our
lives. The only difference is that, when we do it, we make killing our
*business,* not our passion.

Ben Laden thinks we are ineffectual because we evacuated after the
Beirut bombing and got pushed out of Somalia. Somewhere he didn't get
the concept of "threshold."

The Islamic Fundamentalists serve out death like putting out hand-made
furniture -- it's done with passion, and with very impressive results
now and then. We do it like putting out Fords. It takes us awhile to
get the machines running, but once it's up and going, we create corpses
like cars coming off an assembly line. We are the McDonalds of death.
Over six billion served. Here or to go. Would you like napalm with
those cluster bombs? Have a nice ****ing day.

Oh, sure, we'll try for some nobility -- we treat prisoners well, we
don't go out of our way to kill randomly. But the bottom line is that
we aren't happy with a kill ratio of less than 100.

Remember, we're the ones with 20 bizillion firearms in our homes "just
in case." We walk around looking for reasons to shoot each other.
It's amazing that folk think we would have second thoughts about
getting in a firefight with some assholes who *really* **** us off.
We're the ones who dropped the second atomic bomb because the first one
just felt so damned good.

The peaceniks and "blame America first" people and the pacifists
and the tree huggers and all the rest of the liberal detritus
in America serve two important purposes.

The first is that our very tolerance of them proves our superiority.
Pacifists are, fundamentally, parasites. Pacifists only exist because
people with guns and clubs protect them. But the very fact that we
*are* willing to give our lives to protect them shows that we extend
the benefits of what we do beyond ourselves. They are proof of our
tolerance and our respect for liberty and life. And, by their very
actions, force us to reinforce those values within ourselves every time
we consciously refrain from popping their skulls like over-ripe
pimples.

The second is that their voices are important in restraining
our bloodlust. They are part of our collective conscience.
Oh, of course they are mostly wrong -- all of these people running
around saying we can convince a homicidal maniac to stop killing
by giving him enough Hershey's Kisses and fluffy bunnies are just
stupid.
But it's just that nagging irritating whiny voice that keeps us from
dropping that *third* atomic bomb. Because they are *partly* right.
Just a teeny tiny itty bitty bit right, but when they shout it long
enough
and loud enough, eventually we decide that maybe we don't need
to smash in that last skull just for the hell of it.

So no, Wayne, we need these guys the same way we need kittens.
They can be a pain in the ass, they can be demanding and annoying,
and sometimes they don't use their sandbox. But when it's *important*
it's easy to ignore them. And when the time comes, they bring us back
to our happy quiet place.

Until the next time.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Ullman wrote:

PJ has pretty much scoped out the French:
A moral compass needs a butt end. Whatever direction France is
pointing--from collaboration with the Nazis, acccomodation with the
Communists, existentialism, Jerry Lewis or a UN resolution veto-- we
can go the other waywith a quiet conscience.

--PJ O'Rourke

He's not the only one. For your consideration, I commend "Our Oldest Enemy -
A History of America's Disastrous Relationship with France" by John Miller
and Mark Molesky.

From the French and Indian War to General Schwartzkopf sending the French
contingent northwest to "protect against a Jordanian invasion" (in reality
so they wouldn't run into any Iraqi forces to whom they could surrender),
the French have been disgusting.

However, they have their uses.

Whenever I'm threatened by a granny-lady armed with a pointy umbrella
screeching "You godless communist! You can't smoke here!" I merely reply:
"It's all right madam. I'm French."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sanity wrote:

You know, discussing anything with you is fruitless. You're a
close-minded, bigoted, racist, know-it-all ****wit. You keep
believing what you want but you're wrong. You are right. England
defeated America in the revolution. You're right.

No, the colonists defeated England during the Revolution. Then the English
turned around and defeated the United States in the war of 1812.

And finally: Per Capita,
the Jews have more Nobel prize winners than any other country (Gee, I
think the arab nations have one for turning camel dung into crumpets
for the English)

Also not correct. The Jews own almost 40% (158) of the Nobel Research Prizes
(Chemistry, Economics, Physics, Medicine), far more than any other group in
total. Muslims have received two (1 Chemistry, 1 Physics).
..

Israel has one of the mightiest armies in the world and the most
intelligent. Most are either college degreed or finishing their
college.

Israel can field 18 divisions of infantry and armor, engaged in combat, on
three fronts, in 72 hours, with the first quarter million in the field by
this time tomorrow. The authorized ground strength of the U.S. military
(infantry, armor, and artillery) is 12 divisions (10 Army and 2 Marine).
Israel's ground-force military is 50% larger than the United States'.