Posted to rec.woodworking

Default compressed-air drills

In article , skeez wrote:

Doug,
depending on location I happen to have some new in box metabo cordless
drill drivers and electric screw guns. 15.6V for 175.00 18V for200.00
and electric screw gun 125.00 plus shipping. this is about half price
for these tools. I found several at a good deal and am passing along
the savings to fellow woodworkers. They are NOT hot! leave a message
here if you are interested or e-mail me at fcpreston at nc dot rr dot
com. I do not sell tools for a living.... :-]

skeez

Thanks for the offer, skeez -- and BTW, coming from you, it never even
occurred to me to wonder if they were hot -- but I think I'll see how I get
along with the aging Bosch and the nearly-new Ryobi that I'm sure I can borrow
from my Dad; I forgot he had one. And I should have remembered that: I gave it
to him for Christmas.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/10 12:48 PM, Jerome Meekings wrote:

If electric impact drivers were so good then tyre shops and garages
would use them.

Apple and oranges.
And if I have to explain it, then it's not worth explaining. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2010 1:48 PM, Jerome Meekings wrote:
wrote:

On May 24, 6:45 am, (Jerome Meekings)
wrote: Doug wrote: SWMBO wants me to
build a small deck. Of course, every new project requires a new tool,
right? And my trusty Bosch cordless drill is showing its age a bit, or
to be more precise, the batteries are showing their age -- building a
deck, I'll definitely drain the batteries in much less time than it
takes to recharge them. So I'm looking at other options,
including compressed air drills (e.g. saw one at the Borg this evening
for $45 or so). But I got to wondering... almost every cordless drill
has a multi-position clutch to prevent overtightening, or sinking
screws too deep. Does anybody make an air drill with such a clutch?
Despite what others have been saying I have recently bought an air
impact driver. Of course as with any tool you get the quality you pay
for. Although as far as I know there are few really cheep quality air
tools yet. For me the advantages are clear 1) there are no
batteries that will die if not used for a months and any way in about 3
years. 2) Smaller than any battery impact driver.

Nonsense. Have you looked at a Bosch Impactor? Any smaller and it would
be useless.

Of course it it small however it is also low powered. Size for power air
wins every time.

So you're saying that an air impact driver with a power level
appropriate to driving deck screws is necessarily too small to be
usable? Because that's what it sounds like.

3) The air hose is far more flexible and longer than any corded driver.

Again, nonsense. How long is a string?

nonsense? Not at all.

cables for a corded driver are almost never over 3M however since all my
air tools have a QR on the tool. Any length (in my case) up to 50M
without junctions is usable.

Don't they have extension cords in your universe?

4) The service life is much longer than any electric powered drill.

More crap.

In your opinion.

If electric impact drivers were so good then tyre shops and garages
would use them.

Tyre shops and garages have to remove stuck or rusted on fasteners, not
drive deck screws.

Try driving deck screws with one of the impact wrenches that a garage
uses and get back to us on how you make out.

With sanders exactly the same is true though they need a high airflow,
so few non professional workshops have the compressor power to use them

5) Over haul when eventually needed is it is easy and fast

Only because it needs it.

Which part of the word "eventually" did you miss?

by the time an air impact can use an overhaul it will have outlasted 2
or 3 equivelent electric impact drivers

By the time my electric impact driver wears out in the use I give it my
grandchildren will have inherited it.

You seem to have some kind of religious devotion to pneumatic tools.

If you can find a pneumatic tool purpose-designed for driving wood
screws please do provide a link to it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Just to add my $.02 worth, try to run an impact wrench or pneumatic drill
for more than a minute or 2 with the typical portable compressor used by
carpenters or in a woodshop.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/10 6:22 PM, Larry W wrote:
Just to add my $.02 worth, try to run an impact wrench or pneumatic drill
for more than a minute or 2 with the typical portable compressor used by
carpenters or in a woodshop.

Awwww, c'mon Larry, any carpenter who knows what he's doing keeps an 80
gallon compressor in the bed of his pick-up, silly.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 24 May 2010 08:17:53 -0400, "Josepi" wrote:

Not many frame with shingles.

Yeah, itches too much.

Shingle warranties are usually voided with use of power nailers. Most
roofers here, use them anyway.

Shingle warranties are useless anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

I was doing a section of a walkout basement wall (pony), laying on the
gravel inside of an fresh poured foundation. I raised the stud up a bit
with a spare 2x4 to nail a plate on. The gun must have caught the bottom
edge of the plate and enabled firing the nail. When I pulled the trigger my
partner, holding the other ned plate on a 10' ceiling wall, jumped and
screamed and was shot in the foot. I thought it was a joke but on removal of
the safety-toed workboot, was a bruise just above the toe cap and a bent
down toe cap, This nail went between both plates and the gravel they were
sitting, almost ten feet and damaged the boot at the other end.

A busted thumb is nothing compared to the nail I have seen stuck in a
person's breastbones and one through a guy's hand..yummm...LOL

I have shot things with them over half a km away. They definitely pack some
power.

Anyway...our inspectors won't even enter a site until all nailguns are put
down on the floor. Of coure the Electrical Inspector won't climb a ladder
one step either.

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
I guess I can't say what goes on in the UK, but if there were stats on
tool injuries, I'm guessing there would be more broken thumbs from
hammers than busted kneecaps from air nailers misfiring.
--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

I found that out the hard way too...LOL

"Here is some more of the defective shingles you installed"

wrote in message

On Mon, 24 May 2010 08:17:53 -0400, "Josepi" wrote:
Shingle warranties are useless anyway.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/24/10 8:42 PM, Josepi wrote:
I was doing a section of a walkout basement wall (pony), laying on the
gravel inside of an fresh poured foundation. I raised the stud up a bit
with a spare 2x4 to nail a plate on. The gun must have caught the bottom
edge of the plate and enabled firing the nail. When I pulled the trigger my
partner, holding the other ned plate on a 10' ceiling wall, jumped and
screamed and was shot in the foot. I thought it was a joke but on removal of
the safety-toed workboot, was a bruise just above the toe cap and a bent
down toe cap, This nail went between both plates and the gravel they were
sitting, almost ten feet and damaged the boot at the other end.

Maybe it's lost in translation, but are you saying you were 10 feet (3m)
away and it dented a steel toed boot? I don't believe that for a second.

A busted thumb is nothing compared to the nail I have seen stuck in a
person's breastbones and one through a guy's hand..yummm...LOL

Did I say there were no injuries due to nail guns?
I was referring to quantity, not quality.

I have shot things with them over half a km away. They definitely pack some
power.

Again, I just want to make sure.
Is that one half a kilometer? 500 meters?
That's over 1/4 mile... 1600 feet.

If that's not a typo and you honestly are trying to tell me that you
have shot a pneumatic nail gun 500 meters, then you are..... well I
don't know what the British phrase is for "full of sh!t." I believe the
term Bullocks! comes to mind.

I honestly hope that's a typo, otherwise it pretty much discredits
everything you've written in this thread.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/24/10 9:04 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

What the heck do you know about rhythm? :-)

Down beat and back beat.... that's about it. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Had the second lock out disabled ? - Typical production trick.

Mine has to pull the trigger and that is an AND push the nose in.

One or the other won't fire. Those in a hurry disable the double
and have it nose only. Pull trigger and dance the gun. But dancing
is dangerous as you pointed out.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

wrote in message
I guess I can't say what goes on in the UK, but if there were stats on
tool injuries, I'm guessing there would be more broken thumbs from
hammers than busted kneecaps from air nailers misfiring.
--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 24 May 2010 21:06:36 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

On 5/24/10 9:04 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

What the heck do you know about rhythm? :-)

Down beat and back beat.... that's about it. :-)

That's the sound of the men working on the chain ga-a-ang
That's the sound of the men working on the chain_gang

All day long they're singin'
(Hooh! aah!) (hooh! aah!)
(Hooh! aah!) (hooh! aah!)
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
I guess I can't say what goes on in the UK, but if there were stats on
tool injuries, I'm guessing there would be more broken thumbs from
hammers than busted kneecaps from air nailers misfiring.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1...d-with-nailgun

I recall some years ago, a fellow was doing some work at..IRRC a
McDonalds..and fired a nailgun into what he thought was a stud in the
wall. It unfortunately was only sheetrock, and the nail killed one of
the girls working there, some distance away.

I cant find it on the net..anyone?

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I guess I can't say what goes on in the UK, but if there were stats on
tool injuries, I'm guessing there would be more broken thumbs from
hammers than busted kneecaps from air nailers misfiring.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1...d-with-nailgun

What does that have to do with the discussion?

I stand corrected... it's muuuuuch more common to be shot 30 times in
the head with a nail gun than hitting one's thumb with a hammer.

I recall some years ago, a fellow was doing some work at..IRRC a
McDonalds..and fired a nailgun into what he thought was a stud in the
wall. It unfortunately was only sheetrock, and the nail killed one of
the girls working there, some distance away.

I cant find it on the net..anyone?

There's probably a reason you can't find it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I guess I can't say what goes on in the UK, but if there were stats on
tool injuries, I'm guessing there would be more broken thumbs from
hammers than busted kneecaps from air nailers misfiring.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1...d-with-nailgun

What does that have to do with the discussion?

I stand corrected... it's muuuuuch more common to be shot 30 times in
the head with a nail gun than hitting one's thumb with a hammer.

I recall some years ago, a fellow was doing some work at..IRRC a
McDonalds..and fired a nailgun into what he thought was a stud in the
wall. It unfortunately was only sheetrock, and the nail killed one of
the girls working there, some distance away.

I cant find it on the net..anyone?

There's probably a reason you can't find it.

If the guy, from a few weeks ago, can paint with a nail gun, they must be
dangerous projectiles. Video doesn't lie. You saw it! ;-)

BTW, I think the case in question was a Hilti. ...a little different beast
than a pneumatic nailer.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Apparently you have some miscontrued notions about air powered nailguns. Did
you think a device that can fire a 3.5 inch nail with barbs through 3.5
inches of spruce or pine couldn't hurt your body or fire right through your
hand?

The three I own shoot nails farther than the eye can see in the sky. One can
only track them, depending on the sky and background, about three to four
farmers fields and then they disappear, being too small for the human eye at
about 500 metres. Yes, that is over 1/4 mile.

Perhaps you are thinking staple guns are framing nailers. Perhap you are you
just trolling or actually never used a compressed air nailgun? You know
Paslode, Hatachi, or other **FRAMING** nailgun. Newer styles are doing
multiple impacts to eliminate some of these nasties. Pretty hard to believe
you have ever used one.

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Maybe it's lost in translation, but are you saying you were 10 feet (3m)
away and it dented a steel toed boot? I don't believe that for a second.
Did I say there were no injuries due to nail guns?
I was referring to quantity, not quality.

Again, I just want to make sure.
Is that one half a kilometer? 500 meters?
That's over 1/4 mile... 1600 feet.

If that's not a typo and you honestly are trying to tell me that you
have shot a pneumatic nail gun 500 meters, then you are..... well I
don't know what the British phrase is for "full of sh!t." I believe the
term Bullocks! comes to mind.

I honestly hope that's a typo, otherwise it pretty much discredits
everything you've written in this thread.

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

I never liked to disable the second lock-out feature. Many of the framers
do. You have to hold the sleeve back and pull the trigger. Make sure there
are no houses within a mile of the shot though, and keep your fingers
clear...LOL

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
Had the second lock out disabled ? - Typical production trick.

Mine has to pull the trigger and that is an AND push the nose in.

One or the other won't fire. Those in a hurry disable the double
and have it nose only. Pull trigger and dance the gun. But dancing
is dangerous as you pointed out.

Martin

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I guess I can't say what goes on in the UK, but if there were stats on
tool injuries, I'm guessing there would be more broken thumbs from
hammers than busted kneecaps from air nailers misfiring.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1...d-with-nailgun

What does that have to do with the discussion?

I stand corrected... it's muuuuuch more common to be shot 30 times in
the head with a nail gun than hitting one's thumb with a hammer.

Something I found interesting, on the nail gun issue. Dont like it?
Tough ****. Deal with it, or kill file me. Your opinion means nothing
to me, given how wrong and utterly buffoonish you appear to be.

I recall some years ago, a fellow was doing some work at..IRRC a
McDonalds..and fired a nailgun into what he thought was a stud in the
wall. It unfortunately was only sheetrock, and the nail killed one of
the girls working there, some distance away.

I cant find it on the net..anyone?

There's probably a reason you can't find it.

Ayup. It happened more than 10 yrs ago, and for that, Id need to be a
paid subscriber to use the various archives.

Oh..excuse me..you ARE the ****** who believes that nail guns are simply
a tiny little man inside the gun, who swings a very small hammer, really
really hard.

Pity about that, eh wot?

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 25 May 2010 01:01:30 -0400, "Josepi"
wrote:

Here is 238,000 occurances to look through.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rl...f&oq=&gs_rfai=

wrote in message
.. .
If the guy, from a few weeks ago, can paint with a nail gun, they must be
dangerous projectiles. Video doesn't lie. You saw it! ;-)

BTW, I think the case in question was a Hilti. ...a little different beast
than a pneumatic nailer.

Here is a link to a similar case, involving a ramset

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5220,2123430

Florida, 1973.

3" nail was fired through a wall, traveled across the room, hit her in
the chest and exited out her back...after traveling through a 2x4 (deep
width) and then bounced around the room finally coming to a rest.

Another one from 1967,,,,

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/pdf_extract/4/5582/784

Killing of an attacking pit bull dog, using a nail gun.

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=68664

On Mon, 24 May 2010 23:07:24 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:
There's probably a reason you can't find it.

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/25/2010 1:01 AM, Josepi wrote:
Here is 238,000 occurances to look through.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rl...f&oq=&gs_rfai=

The old "bury 'em in bull****" ploy. 238,000 hits on google indicates
something very infrequent--"moon landing" gets more than 2 million and
that has happened only six times in all of history.

Take out the references to scenes in movies, one incident in which
someone was shot in the head 34 times with one, and "CSI: Miami" and
that 238,000 goes to 54,000.

But it was your assertion that a specific incident occurred and now you
can't show any evidence that it did.

It took me less than a minute to find
http://preview.tinyurl.com/24gzfsl, which seems to be the incident you
have in mind. The device was a Ramset intended for sinking nails in
concrete, which uses gunpowder, and which shot the nail completely
through a 2x4. A framing nailer that shot nails completely through
studs wouldn't be very useful now, would it?

On Mon, 24 May 2010 23:07:24 -0500, wrote:
There's probably a reason you can't find it.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Josepi wrote:
Apparently you have some miscontrued notions about air powered
nailguns. Did you think a device that can fire a 3.5 inch nail with
barbs through 3.5 inches of spruce or pine couldn't hurt your body or
fire right through your hand?

The three I own shoot nails farther than the eye can see in the sky.
One can only track them, depending on the sky and background, about
three to four farmers fields and then they disappear, being too small
for the human eye at about 500 metres. Yes, that is over 1/4 mile.

Well, I'll say this for your eyesight - if you can see or track a 3.5" nail
at nearly 500 meters with the naked eye, you've got some fabulous vision
there. Not to mention quite an air nailer.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jerome Meekings wrote:

I have an air drill, It is nice for drilling wood because of the low
torque and high rpm, but I would not try to drive screws with it.

I have lots of air tools but don't like them much for wood because they
need oil, and I always end up with oil on my hands, and oil and wood
don't mix. My sanders use a ton of air and a big compressor

I like air for painting and blowing off dust mostly.

Speaking of which, I found a new use for air. When cleaning paint
nozzles from little cans of paint, you are supposed to turn the can
upside down and spray until clear air comes out. Well, I have a blowgun
with a rubber tip that I discovered you can insert the paint can spray
nozzle and blow air through the nozzle. Works really well, including on
clogged nozzles if you soak them in lacquer thinner a bit.

--
Jack
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

I don't know what nailguns these nay sayers have been told about but it
starts to become clear, with all the statements, they aren't dealing with
any air powered nailgun I have ever seen and probably not one they have ever
seen either....LOL I doubt any have attended formal framing school lessons
with those attitudes.

The whole discussion starts to wreak of trollish, actually. These guys have
a reputation in other groups for being bored. Next will come the history
digging OCD demonstration.

news Something I found interesting, on the nail gun issue. Dont like it?

wrote:
What does that have to do with the discussion?

I stand corrected... it's muuuuuch more common to be shot 30 times in
the head with a nail gun than hitting one's thumb with a hammer.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/25/2010 10:46 AM, Josepi wrote:
I didn't refer to any particular incident. Perhaps you were so excited to
prove something wrong you just responded to anybody.

Perhaps if you fixed your quoting so that one could tell what part of
the message was your statement and what part was quoted?

wrote in message
If the guy, from a few weeks ago, can paint with a nail gun, they must be
dangerous projectiles. Video doesn't lie. You saw it! ;-)

BTW, I think the case in question was a Hilti. ...a little different
beast
than a pneumatic nailer.

On Mon, 24 May 2010 23:07:24 -0500, wrote:
There's probably a reason you can't find it.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

I guess the jig was up on the old troll and the "posting style" troll will
now start?

You tried this "posting style" troll in other groups and it didn't get yyou
anything but in everybody's bozobin. Welcome to the 90s.

zzzzzzzzzz wrote in message
If the guy, from a few weeks ago, can paint with a nail gun, they must be
dangerous projectiles. Video doesn't lie. You saw it! ;-)

BTW, I think the case in question was a Hilti. ...a little different
beast
than a pneumatic nailer.

On Mon, 24 May 2010 23:07:24 -0500, wrote:
There's probably a reason you can't find it.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/24/10 11:41 PM, Josepi wrote:
Apparently you have some miscontrued notions about air powered nailguns. Did
you think a device that can fire a 3.5 inch nail with barbs through 3.5
inches of spruce or pine couldn't hurt your body or fire right through your
hand?

Show me where I wrote that?

The three I own shoot nails farther than the eye can see in the sky. One can
only track them, depending on the sky and background, about three to four
farmers fields and then they disappear, being too small for the human eye at
about 500 metres. Yes, that is over 1/4 mile.

Bull****. You're caught in a massive exaggeration and you're trying to
save face.

Perhaps you are thinking staple guns are framing nailers. Perhap you are you
just trolling or actually never used a compressed air nailgun? You know
Paslode, Hatachi, or other **FRAMING** nailgun. Newer styles are doing
multiple impacts to eliminate some of these nasties. Pretty hard to believe
you have ever used one.

I've used plenty of framing nailers, air and gas. And I've held back the
saftly tip and fired away. Best they'll do is about 50 yards and that's
probably a liberal estimate. Air nailers are about force over a short
distance, not velocity.

Even a nail shot from a powder actuated nailer, which is basically a .22
cal handgun, isn't going to travel 1/4 mile, simply due to the fact that
it'll tumble through the air and lose momentum.

For sake of argument, put a barrel with rifling on a framing air nailer,
stick a bullet (not a whole shell) in it and fire, so that you have a
spinning, aerodynamic object flying out.... and it's not going much
farther.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/25/10 12:01 AM, Josepi wrote:
Here is 238,000 occurances to look through.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rl...f&oq=&gs_rfai=

Yeah, because a guy being shot, point blank, 30 times in the head is
such a common construction accident.

wow. this is pointless

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/25/10 1:43 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Start to lose an argument, insult the other guy.
I bet your dad can beat up my dad, too.

Maybe re-read my posts.... slowly.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
If the guy, from a few weeks ago, can paint with a nail gun, they must be
dangerous projectiles. Video doesn't lie. You saw it! ;-)

BTW, I think the case in question was a Hilti. ...a little different beast
than a pneumatic nailer.

Here is a link to a similar case, involving a ramset

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5220,2123430

Florida, 1973.

3" nail was fired through a wall, traveled across the room, hit her in
the chest and exited out her back...after traveling through a 2x4 (deep
width) and then bounced around the room finally coming to a rest.

Another one from 1967,,,,

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/pdf_extract/4/5582/784

Killing of an attacking pit bull dog, using a nail gun.

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=68664

NONE of those involve AIR nailers.
They are ALL gunpowder actuated devices, which are essentially handguns
with nails.

We are talking about AIR nailers. Apple to orange.

After reading your last reply to me in which you call me a ******
buffoonish, and then reading your sig file... well, let's just say, I'm
tripping over the blatant irony.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/25/10 3:27 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
On 5/25/2010 1:01 AM, Josepi wrote:
A framing nailer that shot nails completely through studs

wouldn't be very useful now, would it?

SNORT! coffee through nose.

Thanks, J. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/25/10 7:22 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Josepi wrote:
Well, I'll say this for your eyesight - if you can see or track a 3.5" nail
at nearly 500 meters with the naked eye, you've got some fabulous vision
there. Not to mention quite an air nailer.

He can't because it fell to the ground after a hundred feet. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

compressed-air drills Wes[_5_] Metalworking 0 May 23rd 10 07:17 AM
PEX and compressed air zxcvbob Home Repair 48 June 19th 09 05:26 AM
Compressed Air Bill Woodworking 37 January 28th 09 12:48 AM
Dry compressed air Dick Woodturning 9 July 11th 05 09:07 PM
ANN: Decimal Equivalents, Drills, & Tap Drills For The Palm Carmine Castiglia Metalworking 0 January 13th 04 03:53 AM