Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default compressed-air drills

On 5/23/2010 3:53 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 5/23/10 3:03 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
adding bricks to their cart, imo.

Dragging an air hose beats swinging a hammer, though.

Who swings a hammer? :-)
A gas framing nailer is faster, lighter, and more convenient than any of
those.

FWIW, last deck I did, I was much faster laying down the decking with my
22 oz Estwing and galvanized spirals than with a drill and screws.

I can definitely see where I could be faster with one of those screw
self-feeders with the long extension and the depth stop driver. But I'm
one of those "one tap to set, 2-3 swings to drive it home" hammer guys,
so I can get a pretty fast rhythm going.

What the heck do you know about rhythm? :-)

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/